Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-09-2014, 09:06 PM #211
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior

Naumoff42 donated to help Peyton Trent
Naumoff42 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Naumoff42 supports DLX Technology
Are you guys serious? There is no $250 price hike. Luxes have always sold for $1500.

Let me buy your Philly Luxe

DaLuxe Mob

Naumoff42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2014, 09:34 PM #212
iStepbroi
Sauce

iStepbroi plays in the PSP
iStepbroi is playing at Living Legends VII
iStepbroi owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
iStepbroi plays in the APPA D4 division
iStepbroi supports Empire
right? ^ hahaha
Old 01-09-2014, 09:35 PM #213
ROptimistic

ROptimistic owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ROptimistic supports DLX Technology
^^^^^ this guy gets it haha. Seriously nobody was complaining about 1500dollar 2.0's and now that they are making an OLED Luxe with a NEW case for the same price they want to know what makes it so special.
ROptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:42 PM #214
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

Annual Supporting Member
oldmanian is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
oldmanian supports our troops
oldmanian supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_chick407 View Post
From the desk of Darryl Trent

Images of a new case were recently leaked and it was assumed the case was for a new Luxe marker. Im not sure who leaked these images or how they got them but now that theyre out I think its important to clarify what is rumor and what is true.

A Luxe with a new OLED board, and several other minor upgrades will be available for purchase soon. There isnt a lot we can do to the Luxe 2.0 to make it better. The changes we made are comparatively small so were not calling it a 2.5 or 3.0, were simply calling it the Luxe OLED.

Weve been working to bring our customers the best marker available and providing the best customer service in the industry. Although the Luxe might be changing, our dedication to Luxe owners has not. Everyone at DLX is dedicated to ensuring everyone who owns a Luxe feels like theyre part of our paintball family. It isnt just about buying a marker; its about joining a winning team. Really, the news isnt that weve made some changes to the Luxe, the news is that were re-dedicating ourselves to every Luxe owner out there, no matter if the marker is a 1.0, 1.5, or 2.0.

I will have the Luxe OLED at Paintball Extravaganza in late February and will make sure the DLX Facebook page has the latest information regarding when the OLED will be available for purchase. There are plans for an upgrade kit for 2.0s in the future, but for the moment we will be focused on the OLED.
We do still currently have 2.0s, and with the price drop we expect to see an increase in demand.

The marker market has become even more competitive over the years with gun manufactures bringing out better and better products. We still believe that the Luxe is the best marker available, but why not make the best marker even better?

OLED Luxes will have an MSRP of $1,500, non OLED 2.0s will have an MSRP of $1,250 while supplies last.
So much win in this.

I don't think that the length has changed, as the case clearly shows a Non-OLED luxe. What I am more curious about is what's behind the blackout redaction in the one picture and what engine its got in it.... I feel like aside from the OLED there may be some aesthetic milling changes, an ASA change and a core change. I am really looking forward to the reveals and hopeful that the core and OLED are made available to the existing Luxes at some point.

I do feel like it's always a good time to be a LUXE owner. Not a 1.0, a 1.5, a 2.0 owner, but a LUXE owner. I've not had that experience consistently over time with other markers that released an annual refresh and the old stuff becomes a sort of stepchild in the new features department. I am a big fan of the DLX model as I've had my 1.5 since I bought it new from an authorized dealer right before the 2.0's came out. I love having the option to upgrade and keep pace with the new hotness.

So thankful for the way DLX has handled their business since the first Luxes shipped. IMO in the area of customer experience, they act the way other companies talk about acting, but never do.

To show my love it may be time for another Luxe.

Big to DLX
Originally posted by Lurker27:" ...incompetence has no raw material..."
oldmanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:57 PM #215
Cole_jay_h
I love luxe's

Cole_jay_h is playing at Living Legends VII
Cole_jay_h owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cole_jay_h plays in the APPA D3 division
Cole_jay_h has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
the old case looks AAAAAAlot sexyer
Cole_jay_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:00 PM #216
wellsboy
BULL CITY BALLERZ

wellsboy is playing at Living Legends VI
wellsboy is playing at Living Legends VII
wellsboy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
wellsboy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
wellsboy supports DLX Technology

wellsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:01 PM #217
doodlebugsportz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane821 View Post
So will you be able to buy the OLED and case separately?
I would think at some point, But probably not right away... Whenever a manufacture starts building something new, logistic can be a bi.... and just getting enough parts to build guns is hard. I would guess that it will be Cup before you get to buy just a grip frame and probably 2-3 months before you can get just a case...

Don-DoodleBug Sportz- NW Paintball At Its Best! www.doodlebugsportz.com
Paintball Innovations- 50 Caliber Solutions www.paintballinnovations.com
doodlebugsportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:23 PM #218
PBshooter2013

Annual Supporting Member
PBshooter2013 plays in the PSP
PBshooter2013 supports Team VICIOUS
PBshooter2013 supports Team VICIOUS
PBshooter2013 plays in the APPA D5 division
PBshooter2013 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
PBshooter2013 supports DLX Technology
im guessing its going to be $200 for OLED screen and $50 for case to buy separate

Last edited by PBshooter2013 : 01-09-2014 at 10:41 PM.
PBshooter2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:31 PM #219
varycoolman579
EGO 10 SLS

varycoolman579 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
varycoolman579 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
varycoolman579 supports DLX Technology
varycoolman579 supports Empire
Please tell me this means kids are going to stop selling their 1.0s for $900.
TACAMO MK5
varycoolman579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:41 PM #220
wellsboy
BULL CITY BALLERZ

wellsboy is playing at Living Legends VI
wellsboy is playing at Living Legends VII
wellsboy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
wellsboy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
wellsboy supports DLX Technology
^ means, dye, planet eclipse and macdev just took a resale hit, u know luxes hold their value the best
and ye im one of those kids who is selling there 1.0 for $900 except im 34yrs old

Last edited by wellsboy : 01-09-2014 at 10:45 PM.
wellsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:50 PM #221
kru-c
Mac Daddy Allstars

kru-c plays in the PSP
kru-c plays in the APPA D2 division
I got my first luxe gun last month from kornbread aka mustache pb and all I have to say is that I am very happy with this gun. Smooth shooting efficent.

This is comparing lv1s geo3 g6r dye nt dm12 etc... I knew I should have purchased a luxe yrs ago.
PSP World Cup 2012 D3 - 2nd
PSP Chicago 2013 D3 - 1st
PSP World Cup 2013 D3 - 2nd
PSP Chicago 2014 D3 - 1st
kru-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:50 PM #222
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior

Naumoff42 donated to help Peyton Trent
Naumoff42 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Naumoff42 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by varycoolman579 View Post
Please tell me this means kids are going to stop selling their 1.0s for $900.
No

Let me buy your Philly Luxe

DaLuxe Mob

Naumoff42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:51 PM #223
kru-c
Mac Daddy Allstars

kru-c plays in the PSP
kru-c plays in the APPA D2 division
I got my first luxe gun last month from kornbread aka mustache pb and all I have to say is that I am very happy with this gun. Smooth shooting efficent.

This is comparing lv1s geo3 g6r dye nt dm12 etc... I knew I should have purchased a luxe yrs ago.
PSP World Cup 2012 D3 - 2nd
PSP Chicago 2013 D3 - 1st
PSP World Cup 2013 D3 - 2nd
PSP Chicago 2014 D3 - 1st
kru-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:18 PM #224
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DravenTheShocker View Post
First and foremost, I love Luxes. However, I've had to resort to a backup marker before. I had an early Luxe (forget serial number). I lent it to a friend, who broke the stock 1.0 eyes. I bought 2.0 eyes, and the grooves the eyes fit into were bigger than the 2.0 eyes, so they never clipped in and stayed like the 1.0s did. I tried 3 sets of 2.0 eyes, all the same. I had to custom modify the rubbery/foam eye holders so they'd press the eyes into alignment exactly right. After doing a lot of work and going through a lot of sets cutting those foam eye holders with a razor, the gun shot beautifully again. I spent 2 weeks and $20 in foam trying to make that happen and the gun was down in the meantime.

That's why we all (should) have backups though!
I got new 2.0 eyes put into my Luxe 1.0 at World Cup and it has worked flawlessly since.

I have taken my used 1.0 to DLX at both West Coast Open and World Cup and the guys there have treated me like I just purchased a brand new 2.0. The guys at DLX/GOG have had a long and amazing history of providing phenomenal customer service. So not only do you get an amazing marker, but you are purchasing the best customer service on the planet when you invest into a DLX Luxe.

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:35 AM #225
doodlebugsportz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DravenTheShocker View Post
First and foremost, I love Luxes. However, I've had to resort to a backup marker before. I had an early Luxe (forget serial number). I lent it to a friend, who broke the stock 1.0 eyes. I bought 2.0 eyes, and the grooves the eyes fit into were bigger than the 2.0 eyes, so they never clipped in and stayed like the 1.0s did. I tried 3 sets of 2.0 eyes, all the same. I had to custom modify the rubbery/foam eye holders so they'd press the eyes into alignment exactly right. After doing a lot of work and going through a lot of sets cutting those foam eye holders with a razor, the gun shot beautifully again. I spent 2 weeks and $20 in foam trying to make that happen and the gun was down in the meantime.

That's why we all (should) have backups though!
FYI- there were some of the very first 1.0's that had a small issue with body around the eye channel, but it was very few guns, my mountain dew 1.0 is 1 of the 1st test guns and has it. If your at a event bring it by the booth and talk to Keith or Darryl about(who know if I will be there) and they can give you the low down on getting the eye strip to fit correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post
I got new 2.0 eyes put into my Luxe 1.0 at World Cup and it has worked flawlessly since.

I have taken my used 1.0 to DLX at both West Coast Open and World Cup and the guys there have treated me like I just purchased a brand new 2.0. The guys at DLX/GOG have had a long and amazing history of providing phenomenal customer service. So not only do you get an amazing marker, but you are purchasing the best customer service on the planet when you invest into a DLX Luxe.
Correct, all the eye strips are physically the same dimensions and fit all the 1.0,1.5,1.75 & 2.0's and now the Oled, but as I put above, a limited # of the very 1st 1.0's that had issues with eye strip fit.

Don-DoodleBug Sportz- NW Paintball At Its Best! www.doodlebugsportz.com
Paintball Innovations- 50 Caliber Solutions www.paintballinnovations.com
doodlebugsportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:19 AM #226
Posesnus
Everyday Fashion Norway

Annual Supporting Member
Posesnus posts videos on PbNation
Anyone else not intersted in what else they have done then case and oled?
Not that its needed, but it sounds like they have done small other things too right?

Anyways, DLX really focus on the right things.
They make a fantastic product, they takes care of their new and excicting customers.
Posesnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:17 AM #227
tantrum2323
Color All The Things

tantrum2323 plays in the PSP
tantrum2323 plays in the APPA D4 division
tantrum2323 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsboy View Post
^ means, dye, planet eclipse and macdev just took a resale hit, u know luxes hold their value the best
and ye im one of those kids who is selling there 1.0 for $900 except im 34yrs old

Dat frame
tantrum2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:49 AM #228
dblj44
Delta Paintball Team

dblj44 supports DLX Technology
I don't think the OLED is necessary, but I doubt that DLX would be doing it if the didn't know the demand was there.

Its nice to know that the company is as loyal to us as we are to them.

:Sponsors:
GOG Paintball | DLX Paintball | Scenario Superstore
Fogtech | Delta Paintball Productions
"Should I try a little spit? That usually helps things out with my girlfriend but we are talking paintball here so I'm not to sure." -Caderade
dblj44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:25 AM #229
Rancid1845
Not Lazy........ Just Fat

Annual Supporting Member
Rancid1845 is playing at Living Legends VI
Rancid1845 plays in the APPA D5 division
Rancid1845 supports Empire
OLED is not necessary, for me at least, however I DO need to shave down my power button. I keep turning the gun off mid-game.

T2 TOPGUN UNION
TOPGUN HOSTILE TAKEOVER
If it Shoots its "the ****"
Rancid1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:10 AM #230
DLXRichardHance

DLXRichardHance works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid1845 View Post
OLED is not necessary, for me at least, however I DO need to shave down my power button. I keep turning the gun off mid-game.
Fixed
Old 01-10-2014, 09:38 AM #231
PaintballofOKC

Cheaper Case should help keep prices down. I would think $1,650 will be the new price to match the DM line.

I find it amazing that LUXE holds its resale value so well. The markers engine isn't all that air eff. , has to be perfectly oring fitted or it leaks or FSDO but yet its the only marker holding its value right now. I guess hype trumps reality. I will give props, when working a LUXE is super smooth and quiet. I just wonder how long this trend can go with no improvements in the engine design.
PaintballofOKC is offline   Reply With Quote