ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-26-2014, 10:34 PM #43
swanton23
ASCENSION

swanton23 is BST Trusted
swanton23 plays in the PSP
swanton23 plays in the APPA D4 division
swanton23 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Though tpa is taking a short hiatus it opens the door for seeds that chris at dimension runs the mwpl that mo has at drop zone and the other series in western and central/southern ohio. Theres plenty of competition around. Theres a whole season waiting for ohio teams to step up and show whos best

ASCENSION
swanton23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2014, 09:06 AM #44
Zbarlow

Zbarlow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zbarlow plays in the APPA beginner division
Zbarlow has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zbarlow supports DLX Technology
I'm on a team that is looking for as many events as we can make. Is there a link to the pataskala area events? We are all central Ohio and pataskala is right down the road.
We will be making it to dimension and drop zone most likely as well.
throwdown #11

I made this for you!!!
Zbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:14 AM #45
CarnageReigns

CarnageReigns is playing at Living Legends VII
CarnageReigns has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CarnageReigns supports Empire
I hope a field in Ohio opens a 10 man UWL field. That would be awesome.

2/2015 I have $650 for Dye DM14 Dyecam.
CarnageReigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:14 PM #46
psychokyle
RH Tournament Director

has been a member for 10 years
psychokyle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
psychokyle has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbarlow View Post
I'm on a team that is looking for as many events as we can make. Is there a link to the pataskala area events? We are all central Ohio and pataskala is right down the road.
We will be making it to dimension and drop zone most likely as well.
My web guy says the site will be up this weekend. I'm crossing my fingers anyway. As soon as it is up I'll post the link and details.

RedHead's Paintball
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.
psychokyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:26 PM #47
Zbarlow

Zbarlow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zbarlow plays in the APPA beginner division
Zbarlow has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zbarlow supports DLX Technology
Thanks! That would be amazing to have something in central
Ohio. It's harder to go either really south to Msxl, or way north to dimension.
throwdown #11

I made this for you!!!
Zbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:19 PM #48
Rambo is coming 4 u

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanton23 View Post
Though tpa is taking a short hiatus
what happened? mike indicated in this thread he was working on the dates
Buckeye Ballaz Club #3
Rambo is coming 4 u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:17 PM #49
swanton23
ASCENSION

swanton23 is BST Trusted
Not sure. But every league has released dates n prizes. He may do non affiliated events to appease the masses wanting tpa

ASCENSION
Old 03-24-2014, 09:33 PM #50
kmalone43
Dye FTW

kmalone43 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbarlow View Post
Thanks! That would be amazing to have something in central
Ohio. It's harder to go either really south to Msxl, or way north to dimension.
This^^^. It becomes a pain having to drive atleast an hour in any direction to play decent paintball or 2-3 hours to play any tournaments...
kmalone43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:18 AM #51
swanton23
ASCENSION

swanton23 is BST Trusted
I drive more than an hour for practice and events. Its the sacrifices u gotta make

ASCENSION
Old 03-25-2014, 10:54 AM #52
armyradioguy

armyradioguy plays in the PSP
armyradioguy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
armyradioguy plays in the APPA D5 division
I'm married, 3 kids, work full time and do college classes, Boy Scouts with the oldest, and still drive 2 hours to practice or tournaments, drove four hours to plex a few weeks back, would love to do msxl or seps but we aren't doing it yet. If you want to play tournament ball then you need to drive, unfortunate truth about ohio but is what it is. Otherwise just accept that you will be playing recball forever (which is fun too and is the life of the sport but don't sit there and dream in one hand and **** in the other)
Team Legion of Chaos, Reaper #17
Special Thanks to LOC sponsors:
KC Crusaders, Anthrax, Valken, Guru Gun Stands,
ANS Gear & Guerilla Air
armyradioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:57 AM #53
swanton23
ASCENSION

swanton23 is BST Trusted
^^^^well put

ASCENSION
Old 04-10-2014, 07:35 PM #54
shockermofo
Death To All

shockermofo plays in the PSP
shockermofo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
according to recent facebook posts tpa is gearing more towards airsoft this year and scenario play

midwest free agent
Death To All clothing
shockermofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:42 PM #55
swanton23
ASCENSION

swanton23 is BST Trusted
Yep^^^

ASCENSION
Old 04-27-2014, 08:25 PM #56
kmalone43
Dye FTW

kmalone43 plays in the APPA beginner division
Anyone have info on some of the tournaments in surrounding states? I did a little digging through the other forums but didn't have much luck. I hear there are some in Fort Wayne & Louisville?
Old 04-27-2014, 09:09 PM #57
Rambo is coming 4 u

You are probably talking MSXL and actually they just had an event this weekend in Fort Wayne. They have race to 4, 5 man, and 3 man. There is a MSXL thread in the Tournament section.
Buckeye Ballaz Club #3
Rambo is coming 4 u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:56 AM #58
clemm78

clemm78 is playing at Living Legends VII
Msxl, drop zone (mwpl), (seps), dimension (seeds)

Check out the appa website.

Last edited by clemm78 : 04-29-2014 at 03:01 AM.
clemm78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:23 AM #59
HercTPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo is coming 4 u View Post
what happened? mike indicated in this thread he was working on the dates
I asked my players to give me 3 days of work to help build my rec fields up. Now keep in mind these are players I have been "friends" with for sometime and several were sponsored players at one point. They chose not to show up the 1st date. They also talked about traveling to Virgina for 2 day practices which would take away business. At the end of the days after practice very few would help clean up. They wanted Imperial sponsorship deal. I told them that deal was on hold till 2015 based on how much they actually helped in 2014. Most of them didn't want me to play with them anymore. So I was given a main "contact" person to do all business through. This person would not return my calls or text messages. They insisted on owing the rights to my teams names and past history I helped build. They would not allow me to use the old name TPA Revolution. Very few trusted me to honor my word.

I sponsored Imperial for a couple years and most of them just turned their back on me. Our tournament numbers were down compared to years past. There was a lot of complaining by other teams that my practice paint prices changed from week to week. This is very true. There are some weeks I would give players paintballs at cost or below cost in order to allow them to shoot more paint to get ready for events. Lol... Your upset because I offered paint at those low prices? Ok...

I'm not going to lie. I had some medical issues I shared with most the team. I was on meds that just messed me up. I played all of last season with a torn shoulder and was in major pain all season. I couldn't even lift my arm up and had to drop my gun to reload but I suffered through it for the team. The combination of my other meds not being right and the painkillers made me blow up at a few times and spun me into a major depression. None of them cared or could understand it. So after Revive not wanting me to play the last MSXL in 2014 with them, Imperial falling apart, and my guys creating distance between us when I really needed someone there for me.

I decided it was enough. I've sacrificed for years to do everything I can for tournament paintball and my players. I continue to get kicked in the nuts for trying to help out the community for the past 10 years. I've sacrificed the chance to make money to help tournament players out. Enough was enough. I got in this business to have fun and help other people have fun. Now instead of dealing with all the drama I get to see my customers smile and have fun and leave with happy memories. I've also started catering to airsoft players who are by far the most helpful people I've encountered in a long time. I'm starting to see more walk on regular players than I have in years now that I've switched directions. As all of you know the rec players continue to allow the fields to survive. Profits are up. Attendance is up. I'm happy to see more people having the time of their lives. The new changes are lots of fun to play. Everyone is shocked in the major changes in the field, in a good way. I've only just getting started. I will continue to pour my heart and sole into TPA, nothing has changed there. I will just cater to different players. It will allow me to do more things to the field to keep drawing players in.

I do have to say, I will miss running the tournament series I worked so hard to build. I will continue to think about you guys bask in the good times and life time memories you have left me with.

It's time for me to move on in my life. It's time for a positive change that will help me be a better field owner, person, husband and father.

Please stop by and try the new changes out. You will be suprised how much fun "rec ball" can be. It will always have a speed ball feel to it. Plan a day with your teams to come out and have a fun day. You will still get to work on your skills snap shooting, communication and movement.

You will still see me out playing paintball and yes even airsoft. You just might see me in a year or two on the tournament field just jumping on with a random team just for FUN.

Good luck this season everyone.
-Mike aka "The Gnome"
Old 04-29-2014, 07:56 AM #60
armyradioguy

armyradioguy plays in the PSP
armyradioguy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
armyradioguy plays in the APPA D5 division
I only had limited interaction with you at tpa cup last year, my first PSP affiliated tournaments besides the local field tournaments in various places I have lived. Of all the fields I have been to and all the events (rec, scenario, tournament) from what I saw and heard you are one of the most stand up guys out there. To put out that kind of info and detail takes a lot for a person and I commend you for it. I know a lot of people, myself included, were wondering what was going on though it's your business and your life you are certainly entailed to do whatever you want with it. From watching the videos, the pictures and Facebook traffic the place is looking great and people are really enjoying it. I think with this laser focus and new drive you guys can still be a great force in ohio paintball if just redirected in a new way. My summer is swamped but you can believe it is on my list to come back there and hit those villages. (Any chance of first strikes being allowed??? Lol). Again that took a lot of guys to air that laundry out and just shows your a stand up guy. No misconceptions, no rumors, just here it is...
Team Legion of Chaos, Reaper #17
Special Thanks to LOC sponsors:
KC Crusaders, Anthrax, Valken, Guru Gun Stands,
ANS Gear & Guerilla Air
armyradioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:52 PM #61
HercTPA

If I'm one thing, it's brutally honest to a fault. Haha...

MSXL is a GREAT series. I've played many series over the years and that was buy far one of the best run leagues I've had the pleasure to play. VERY affordable too. No better bang for the buck!!! Now, I only played it when it was at Asylum so I don't know if anything changed this year but if not it's WELL worth the drive. Hands Down!!! PSP? Lol... What a waste of time and money. Waste your money if you like but the MSXL at Asylum blew it out of the water.

Sure we allow 1st strike.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:00 PM #62
swanton23
ASCENSION

swanton23 is BST Trusted
Mike you are brutally honest. I can attest to the fact that you tried to help people. You've even let me come down to help set up for tpa cup before. You're paint--big deal if prices change. Every field has deals. If you wanted to play msxl with me I gladly take the experience and field knowledge you being. In this area--- you Chris and mo have been there with the players doing what you can.

ASCENSION
Old 04-29-2014, 02:08 PM #63
Lolerskating Champ
batboy coif

Lolerskating Champ plays in the PSP
Lolerskating Champ is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Lolerskating Champ plays in the APPA D3 division
Mike, you are so good at pretending to play the victim it's almost pathetic. I would post a long rant detailing both sides of the story and several things I've witnessed over the past several years but you aren't worth any time past the time spent posting this original post I'm going to make.
If you had any class as an individual you would have said you were taking your business in another direction, but instead you slander players who have supported you for years. Everyone has a story about you Mike, whether you want to believe it or not. I pity those who read your posts and believe you when you claim the players are the reason you aren't catering to paintball players or running a tournament series anymore.
Lolerskating Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups