Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-30-2013, 04:12 PM #1
PaperBoyWS
"Hell Must Fear Us"

PaperBoyWS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
TiPX 12 Gram Delete Mod. Please read warning inside!

Last week I finally got the guts to perform a mod on my TiPX that would effectively remove the need to have a 12 gram cartridge. Before I show you, please read the warning.

!!!WARNING!!!
Any attempt at this modification WILL DESTROY YOUR PUNCTURE PIN ASSEMBLY AND GAS LINE and has the possibility to destroy your receiver/body, regulator assembly, and valve assembly OR YOUR ENTIRE TIPX. This will void your warranty. This modification is to be performed at your own risk. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OUTCOME OF ATTEMPTING THIS MODIFICATION.

Here's the photo, enjoy!

*****EDIT*****

How To:
I know I said I'd do this last night, but things came up. I was at least able to get the needed pictures, so I'm doing it today.

What you will need
  • JB Weld or similar (I used their compound tested to nearly 4,000 psi holding pressure)
  • 2 metal rods, wooden dowels, or another rigid objects that fit down the gas line with almost no room to wiggle inside of the gas line with a length of 1-2.5".
  • A standard 111 oring.
  • Patience

Step 1: Obviously, you need to take apart your TiPX. Now weather or not you want to cut the body is entirely your choice, not to mention should be done with ALL of the internals removed.

Now that you're marker is disassembled, you need to understand a few things.
  • You're trying to keep the air from flowing through the gas line in the direction the arrow is showing, in other words, leading out of the regulator and into the puncture pin assembly. (pictured below)
  • The puncture pin assembly is what provides the majority of the tension on the trigger, so it is recommended to keep it in.
  • I plugged the gas line to reduce the risk of the JB Weld compound gumming up and destroying the regulator.

[IMG]http://s26.************/g5s9g94fd/topview.jpg[/IMG]

Step2: Remove the gas line and puncture pin assembly, and wash thoroughly with hot water and let it dry. Once the gas line is completely dry mix up your JB Weld. I used a pea sized drop of each tube (pictured below). Pack the gas line with the compound. Leave a little for the next step.

[IMG]http://s26.************/qwfw1xi21/IMG_20140113_231637.jpg[/IMG]

Step 3: once the line is packed to your satisfaction, add a little JB weld to the outside end of the gas line that is packed with JB weld, and insert it back into the puncture pin assembly. It should look like the picture below when you're finished.

[IMG]http://s26.************/a9ybsup49/IMG_20140113_231259.jpg[/IMG]

Step 4: Now let it sit for 24 hours. IF THE COMPOUND DOES NOT SIT FOR 24 HOURS IT WILL NOT BOND OR HARDEN CORRECTLY.

Step 5: Now that your compound is completely set, you'll need the rigid object mentioned before. I used a tooth pick because it was the exact shape i needed. You're going to trim one end of the toothpick to be flat.

Step 6: Now mix up another small batch of JB Weld and cover as much of the toothpick from step 5 as possible. Insert the flat end into the gas line going towards the puntcure pin assembly, and push it as far in as possible. Wipe any excess JB weld off of the outside of the gas line. It should match the crappy diagram below.

[IMG]http://s26.************/sodwty7qh/diagram.png[/IMG]

Step 7: Once the toothpick is in, you need to cut the 111 oring and start to insert it into the gas line as shown below. Stuff as much in as you can, then cut the oring flush with the gas line

[IMG]http://s26.************/jqo4zh8yx/IMG_20140113_232743.jpg[/IMG]

Note: You need the rigid object to ensure that the oring you'll use does not travel down the gas line and jam the puncture pin assembly. The shape of the toothpick allows the oring to 'mushroom' inside the gas line, allowing for a better seal.

Step 8: Let the new JB weld cure for another 24 hours.

Note: The reason for all of the JB weld is to ensure that the gas line does not move around or allow the toothpick to move.

Step 9: Lube everything back up and put it back together! Once the marker is put back together, hook up your tank and remote line. Once the gun is connected to the tank via remote line, turn the gas on SLOWLY and listen for leaks. If there are no leaks, you're good to go! Your TiPX/TPX will seal completely without use of an empty 12 gram.
TiPX/TPX Aftermarket Parts List
Empire Trracer. Tippmann SL-68 II. Tippmann TiPX. DP Rev-I. PE Geo+. Sheridan KP3. Milsig MK3 CQB Pro. 2k2 WGP pump 'cocker. WGP Trilogy Pro. Survival Game Splatmaster. Sheridan PGP.

Last edited by PaperBoyWS : 01-22-2014 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Adding instructions and photos.
PaperBoyWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2013, 09:22 AM #2
7paintball
Service at its best.

very interesting. I like the idea.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:38 PM #3
PaperBoyWS
"Hell Must Fear Us"

Yeah, I never use 12 grams because I'm too cheap to buy them. Not to mention the remote line adapter and 13ci tank have already paid for themselves at least twice in what I would have used on 12 gram cartridges. Also I wanted to make this gun unique.
Empire Trracer. Tippmann SL-68 II. Tippmann TiPX. DP Rev-I. PE Geo+. Sheridan KP3. Milsig MK3 CQB Pro. 2k2 WGP pump 'cocker. WGP Trilogy Pro. Survival Game Splatmaster. Sheridan PGP.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:59 PM #4
smellslikepork
Ambush - VC

Annual Supporting Member
smellslikepork is BST Legit
smellslikepork is Boss
so how did you do the mod?
smellslikepork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:33 PM #5
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D4 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
Turned out pretty good. Hope its functional for the long term.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
***ONE OF A KIND G6R***
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:27 AM #6
BrockSampson

Props for having the guts to do that. Looks kinda crazy and sweet.
BrockSampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:28 PM #7
PaperBoyWS
"Hell Must Fear Us"

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikepork View Post
so how did you do the mod?
Once I get a chance to take some more detailed pics I'll post instructions on the 12 gram delete and how I cut out the body and barrel shroud.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:42 PM #8
PaperBoyWS
"Hell Must Fear Us"

Pictures and how to coming tonight!
Old 01-14-2014, 02:42 PM #9
PaperBoyWS
"Hell Must Fear Us"

It wasn't last night like I had said, things came up before I could post. But there is not a How-To and pictures. Let me know if any more details are needed.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:22 PM #10
Chillanator

Very creative
Chillanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:47 PM #11
nerve2030

um not to be a buzz kill but why dont you just replace the brass tube with a solid rod? That would let you use your remote adapter and in the future if you want you can reverse the mod to use 12grams again.

but first a big sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post85159673
nerve2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:56 AM #12
rjones1213

rjones1213 is an NCPA player
rjones1213 plays in the APPA beginner division
rjones1213 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerve2030 View Post
um not to be a buzz kill but why dont you just replace the brass tube with a solid rod? That would let you use your remote adapter and in the future if you want you can reverse the mod to use 12grams again.
The one end pictured of the tube does have an print, not sure what the other end looks like. I'm sure with the right machines someone could easily make a 12g delete tube of solid brass that could be swapped in with no permanent damage done.

Might be a market out there and wouldn't be too expensive to make.

SVSU Paintball #14
rjones1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:27 AM #13
PaperBoyWS
"Hell Must Fear Us"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerve2030 View Post
I had that thought many times myself, but then again I'm a cheap skate and don't have access precise enough machinery to cut the Oring channels. Another idea I had was actually threading and tapping the fitting (similar to the end the remote adapter goes into) and using the old seal nut and loctite, but then if I messed up I couldn't use my pistol until a new fitting came in the mail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjones1213 View Post
The one end pictured of the tube does have an print, not sure what the other end looks like.
As mentioned above, both ends of the gas line have Oring channels.

Last edited by PaperBoyWS : 01-22-2014 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Spelling error.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:17 PM #14
Epsidufus

So it doesn't matter if any of the epoxy gets into the puncture pin assembly, correct? It shouldn't but making sure.
Now, when you put the toothpick in what is stopping it from going down farther into the puncture pin assembly? I've never taken that part of my internals apart so bear with me there.
Epsidufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:56 AM #15
PaperBoyWS
"Hell Must Fear Us"

Try to keep it clean or it will gum up and the trigger won't return properly.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:15 AM #16
Epsidufus

So I took a different approach to all this . I needed a way to get rid of the ridge running along the side, so I used a set screw to seal the regulator and cut the puncture pin assembly rectangular piece off. Works like a charm and you still get the pressure on the trigger!
Epsidufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:48 PM #17
Devlin123

this might be a dumb question.. but why did you not just thread the inside of the airline and put a screw in it? then you could always just remove the screw if you want to use the 12g again?
Old 07-31-2014, 10:10 AM #18
PaperBoyWS
"Hell Must Fear Us"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlin123 View Post
this might be a dumb question.. but why did you not just thread the inside of the airline and put a screw in it? then you could always just remove the screw if you want to use the 12g again?
I'm too cheap to buy 12 grams or a tap/dye set and I've always liked to improvise and use what I have on hand.