Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-23-2013, 10:55 AM #1
pb62

To all fusion Fx owners

I have concerns on some of the things I have read about the fusion fx breaking paint. I just bought the marker and it's on it's way to me. I only buy parts if it helps with the performance of the marker. Is the Tech T bolt and rammer a benefit to the marker ? is the hush bolt easier on paint then the stock bolt ? or can I just use the stock bolt and change the detents ? Looking for helpful information and try to avoid this issue of breaking paint.

Thanks Sonny
pb62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2013, 10:57 AM #2
pb62

Oh and what detents if that is all I need to change ?
Old 12-23-2013, 01:55 PM #3

You should only change the detents if you have paint breaking issues. The techt bolt and ram are significant improvements for the FX. If you're going to pay the ~$90 for the upgrades, you might as well get the newer detents. It's also possible DP revised new FX shipments so that they already have the newer detents installed.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:49 PM #4
CA_Tectonics

Breaking paint was usually associated with the original run of detents that came with the marker. DP recognized there was a problem and changed the detents a little - so the little finger was offset from center. Those offset regents are the ones you will want to use. The TechT bolt and ram don't necessarily affect the paint breakage issue some had.

The TechT ram is probably the best bang for your buck as far as shot feel (smoother).
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:52 PM #5
pb62

Just a heads up for everyone. I poke to my local tech that deals with alot of Dp markers. Then called and spoke to a tech at Dp they pretty much said the same thing. They do like the Tech T bolt as an upgrade. They however said that the Tech T Ram they don't suggest this upgrade and this is why. They said the problem is if you make the ram too light it is not reliable in opening the valve. They said you really have to know what you are doing to set it up right if you lighten the ram up. He said a majority of problems they are seeing is people going to this ram and messing with their settings.He said the Tech T ram is fine but you must keep it heavy like the stock if you want reliability. So he said you are pretty much sacrificing reliability for a little different feel. Like I said they both agreed they do however like the tech t bolt as an upgrade both feel that the ram is money just being wasted.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:10 PM #6
superfly26

superfly26 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
My FX has both of the TechT upgrades, and you can definitely notice a difference over the stock parts. Even though I've only put like two cases thru the gun since the upgrades, I haven't noticed any breaks at all.
superfly26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:41 PM #7
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Racso owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Racso is Legendary
Just got back from a day of play. Temps in low 40s, using paint that has been sitting for AT LEAST a year (about 3 or 4 pods worth of All-Stars, and a case of some cheap practice paint). Paint had all sorts of pimples and dimples (actually one interesting thing I noticed is the All Stars mostly had pimples, whereas the cheap paint had more flat spots and dimples) Using LAW Ram and NDZ bolt, I did not have a single chop all day. I was completely surprised.

I fully expected to be chopping all day and even made a joke about how I would somehow chop so much it would break physics and get into the reg. The only odd thing that happened was a double feed.
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:25 AM #8
Kapitan1975

Annual Supporting Member
Kapitan1975 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kapitan1975 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Kapitan1975 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Kapitan1975 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I have my FX with tect T bolt and ram... But mu board is going dimm... So order new one from Dp..
I got my fx as a gift.. Used . But loved it .. Even with all the markers i have i m still keeping it..

Thr problem is, if like someone here mention the ram too light... Do we have to make changes to the setting on the board? What kind of seting changes? Thanks
Old 01-17-2014, 10:02 AM #9
pb62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan1975 View Post
I have my FX with tect T bolt and ram... But mu board is going dimm... So order new one from Dp..
I got my fx as a gift.. Used . But loved it .. Even with all the markers i have i m still keeping it..

Thr problem is, if like someone here mention the ram too light... Do we have to make changes to the setting on the board? What kind of seting changes? Thanks
A Tech at Dp said that you do have to fine tune the settings to go with a lighter Ram. you would probably need to call Dp and have them help you set it up to get the right settings for the lighter Ram. Not all markers exactly the same it might take tinkering with it to get it right but the tech can give you a starting point and explain it better then myself.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:06 AM #10
Kapitan1975

Annual Supporting Member
Kapitan1975 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kapitan1975 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Kapitan1975 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Kapitan1975 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb62 View Post

A Tech at Dp said that you do have to fine tune the settings to go with a lighter Ram. you would probably need to call Dp and have them help you set it up to get the right settings for the lighter Ram. Not all markers exactly the same it might take tinkering with it to get it right but the tech can give you a starting point and explain it better then myself.
Thank you
Old 01-17-2014, 10:19 AM #11
CA_Tectonics

If the ram is too light, you may notice some inconsistency in your fps (this could also be due to paint too so don't jump to conclusions too quickly). At higher rates of fire, you may also get a little shoot down as well. However, this is NOT to say you WILL experience these symptoms, they are just possibilities.

To combat this, there are a few things that may work. First is to use the weights that come with the LAW ram. The heavier the ram, the more force it will have when striking the poppet - opening it a tiny bit more, which translates to a tiny bit longer. Another thing to try is to up the solenoid dwell setting. Lastly, turning up the pressure MAY help but likely not by much at all. Higher pressure means the more work the ram needs to do to open the poppet - and if it is already having a hard time doing that, then well......you get the picture.

I would also suggest trying those ^^^^ in the order listed. Remember though, paint is typically the #1 cause of inconsistency over the chrono.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500

Last edited by CA_Tectonics : 01-17-2014 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:59 PM #12
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
dreadmuppet is BST Trusted
dreadmuppet is playing at Living Legends VII
dreadmuppet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Do not be afraid to put in the TechT LAW Ram as the lightest configuration. Mine shot just fine without changing any settings. No chops with the stock ram and no chops with the LAW setup with the delrin weights.

I did however look around to see who was shooting a spoolie right next to me. Oh wait, that is my now incredibly quiet FX.
REC BALL AND SCENARIO TEAM
IF I DO NOT SHOOT YOU
MY TEAMMATE WILL
eBay FEEDBACK
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:15 PM #13
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadmuppet View Post
Do not be afraid to put in the TechT LAW Ram as the lightest configuration. Mine shot just fine without changing any settings. No chops with the stock ram and no chops with the LAW setup with the delrin weights.

I did however look around to see who was shooting a spoolie right next to me. Oh wait, that is my now incredibly quiet FX.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:39 AM #14
xxchronoxx42

xxchronoxx42 is an NCPA player
xxchronoxx42 plays in the APPA D5 division
I had the LAW ram on mine and when it shot it was great. I never really had a problem with chopping paint, my only problem now is that the board keeps going out on me. this is the third time i've had to send it off to DP to get it fixed. sadly im going to sell my FX as soon as i get it back.
xxchronoxx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:34 PM #15
joe the gun tech

I've had many FX Fusions and experienced the same issue with all of them, after many hours of testing I came to find out that the eye covers were the issue as they were very thin and therefor after shooting 1000-2000 rounds of paint through the FX what would happen is every time the marker fired it would flex the eye covers outward and eventually the eyes themselves would be positioned inside the grooves to the point of misalignment thus creating ball chop by misfire. I've remedied this by adding a second screw on the top of each eye cover so that they cannot move and have had zero issues since. It's a small price to pay for a manufacturing defect but I love the FX better than egos and am very happy with it.
joe the gun tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:56 PM #16
X20DTL

X20DTL has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
X20DTL has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
got my FX in 2012 put the tech-T bolt and LAW ram in it with the lightest setting on the ram and instead of lowering the dweil from 6 to 4 i notice the stock dweil of 6 is perfect for the lightest settings on the ram.

if you would go for the heaviest setting on the ram you could lower your dweil to 4 but this is my experience: with the lightest settings on the ram i could shoot 2 more pods than with the heaviest settings.

hope this will help you.
X20DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:54 PM #17
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

Any progress on your upgrade path pb62???
iPaintSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:20 PM #18
Olalde526
Olalde526

Exclamation Paint chopping

I had the problem with paint chopping no matter how good the paint was my fx would always chop it. I changed the detents, took one out every lil detent combo you could think of and it still chopped but then i got the z2 hopper and put it in the lowest setting and haven't chopped paint since...
Olalde526 is offline   Reply With Quote