Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-11-2013, 12:28 PM #1
jtprotium the second
Danny

Annual Supporting Member
jtprotium the second plays in the PSP
jtprotium the second plays in the APPA D2 division
Just curious, are the board and solenoid combined on epiphany and ions? I have an ion coming in with an extra board as well as one installed, and an epiphany that needs a solenoid. What should I go about doing to get the epiphany working? Can I just stick the ion board in it? Assuming the board and solenoid are combined? Also, if I buy a virtue board, are the epiphany and ion boards different? Thanks guys

Last edited by jtprotium the second : 12-11-2013 at 12:31 PM.
jtprotium the second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2013, 12:47 PM #2
Punisher068

The Epif is designed to run at higher OP because of the can inserts so a stock board will work if you don't run inserts,they're mostly a gimmick anyway,you can get slightly better air efficiency with inserts but it will be harder on balls.Better to get a QEV and better bolt if that's your concern.The max OP you want to run a stock board is under 200,with Epif inserts you can get it around 250+ but you need the Epif board&noid.
I believe the Virtue board can run higher pressure but not positive,call them and confirm
The noid and board are one piece on Ions/Ion xe/SP8/Eos& Epif,they can be separated if you have good soldering skills,not recommended
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:05 PM #3
jtprotium the second
Danny

Annual Supporting Member
jtprotium the second plays in the PSP
jtprotium the second plays in the APPA D2 division
I don't think ill be running any inserts, ill take it apart this weekend and make sure to take out any bolt inserts I see. Are there pics of these inserts anywhere? And I'm just planning on taking out all inserts and tossing in an ion board, then adjusting my reg pressure accordingly. Will that work okay? And I may or may not upgrade the bolts and add qevs, well see about that. Haha thanks man!
jtprotium the second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:37 PM #4
Punisher068

Yes it will work fine,most of the inserts I've seen are color coded,basically a spacer in the rear firing tube,they look like a piece of pipe basicly.Set your OP around 180 then adjust your dwell to get it to crono speed,around 25 or higher should be good,if it's too low to crono adjust the dwell upwards,too high and you can adjust the reg lower,try never to exceed 200 psi,you risk blowing the board&noid,I prefer to keep mine below 180 in case you get the spikes
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:04 AM #5
ranman106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher068 View Post
Yes it will work fine,most of the inserts I've seen are color coded,basically a spacer in the rear firing tube,they look like a piece of pipe basicly.Set your OP around 180 then adjust your dwell to get it to crono speed,around 25 or higher should be good,if it's too low to crono adjust the dwell upwards,too high and you can adjust the reg lower,try never to exceed 200 psi,you risk blowing the board&noid,I prefer to keep mine below 180 in case you get the spikes
Not trying to hijack the thread but how do you do this? I can't find instructions anywhere.
ranman106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:07 AM #6
d-r0ck-1489
i need more cowbell

d-r0ck-1489 is playing at Living Legends V
d-r0ck-1489 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
zdspb.com will answer all of your smart parts maintenance questions. As well as many other markers.

Don't stop dreaming; unless your dream is stupid.
d-r0ck-1489 is offline   Reply With Quote