f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden1406 View Post
What is the "over molded shell that provide a bounce factor? Is the pulse soft/squishy on the outside?
I believe that is the intent. It does not feel as rubbery as I thought it would, but it may have that effect when in play. I have not been able to play with a Pulse yet so I cannot say for certain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_School View Post
I see both sides... On one hand u get a lot of new features that may or may not help the loader... But on the other hand my rotor has never let me down sooooo IMO if its not brok don't fix it. Is it cool? Heck yes!!! But like everything I buy, give it a year and see how it holds up. The proof is in the pudding
That's definitely true, it will be interesting to see if any issues come up or what people think of it as they get in to circulation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogamember666 View Post
Might I suggest posting pics of the Pulse without the RDR portion installed? Just so people can see the weight difference.

As far as the chrono ability goes. This is a great idea for people who play out law ball or people who like to tune at home and don't have access to a chrono. This alleviates the the issue of buying a chrono and a loader, unless you already have a chrono.

Its got some cool features and I hope I can afford one, some day.

However...tad over kill on my 6.5 lol
Like I had mentioned previously, the RDR unit is mounted inside the shell and only weighs .5oz so it hardly makes an impact on the overall weight. You would not know by looking at a Pulse if it has the RDR installed or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusday View Post
Thanks for the review!
No problemo bud!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNelly13 View Post
This part confused me. I thought the spire was always the easiest to disassemble? It only has four main components which are the shell, the lid, the tray and the spire paddle. Then when it comes to installing a speed feed on the spire you just switch out the whole lid and I don't think it gets much easier than that. If you could clarify what you meant here I would appreciate that.
It's tricky. The Spire is the easiest to install a speed feed on, but in terms of removing the feed assembly the Pulse wins as you do not need to remove the lid, you simply slide the tray out. In terms of fully breaking down the loader they are pretty close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJDu4 View Post
I'm actually quite happy so far with the RDR and I think it will give us all another good option as far as hoppers go. I personally like all the hoppers shown in this review(btw good job Aaron) and really don't have a favorite outta the bunch. There's pro's and con's to each and I feel it really boils down to personal preference. Now we just need to see what Machine throws into the ring......
Thanks man. You're definitely right with each having their pro's and con's. Personally I have never liked the Z2 but that's just me. I went from Rotor to Spire and probable will have a Pulse as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchman View Post
Hmmm, this might be my next Loader, I only just ordered my first Marker and already got a Rotor (used once with a rental T98, yar I know overkill), so bit early to upgrade at this time... But great post, gives a lot of good solid info!

I also liked seeing all other Loaders there too, learned more then just about the RDR.
The Pulse would be a great choice, as would any other loader mentioned here. Again it is all about personal preference so do your research and check them all out at your local field or store if possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher068 View Post
Great review,thanks
I still use the original Pulse,when synced with the RF chip to the gun feedspeed is insanely fast.They're also great internals for homemade boxmags
I haven't purchased a newer "super hopper" since my Pulses and Vlocities have worked fine,this may change my mind.Looks like they kept the best parts of the original(removable tray,pulse and RF feed) and improved on the bad(brittle shell&lid,weight)
Seeing as GI Sports purchased Tippmann I'd love to see a production boxmag for milsim guns using these internals
I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how well the Pulse RDR feeds if you like the old Pulse that much
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakekiyo View Post
Best review on a product that i've seen in a while.

:thumbsup:
Thank you sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy780 View Post
max rdr bps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post
Whatever your gun can shoot.
As mentioned it will pretty much keep up with any gun out there. I had the SL8R at 25 BPS and my GTi at 26 BPS and neither one had a hiccup when feeding.
Email Me For All Your Paintball Needs

My posts are my thoughts and mine alone and should be interpreted as such. They do not reflect the company I work for or any companies I represent.
f8al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2013, 12:41 PM #86
Gio24Dude
Tiberius Guerrilla C2 Rep

Gio24Dude works for a Paintball manufacturer
Gio24Dude is playing at Living Legends VII
Gio24Dude has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Great review! Thank you! Might pick one up.

Tiberius Arms, Guerrilla Air, C2 Paintball, & First Strike Paintball
2717 W Ferguson Road
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46809

260-478-2500
service@tiberiusarms.com
Gio24Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:04 PM #87
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

4leaf4life is a Professional paintball player
4leaf4life works for a Paintball manufacturer
4leaf4life plays in the PSP
4leaf4life posts videos on PbNation
4leaf4life plays in the APPA Pro division
4leaf4life is Legendary
4leaf4life supports DLX Technology
Aaron handling business on here.
4leaf4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:42 PM #88
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio24Dude View Post
Great review! Thank you! Might pick one up.
Thanks man. They are definitely a solid loader and will more than likely give the Z2 and Rotor a run for their money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leaf4life View Post
Aaron handling business on here.
Sure am Nick! Gotta spread the knowledge

My posts are my thoughts and mine alone and should be interpreted as such. They do not reflect the company I work for or any companies I represent.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:27 PM #89
Punisher068

Can you verify it has RF installed or will be available?Gunside chip also?
Really haven't heard much "official" news from GI Sports
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:56 PM #90
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al supports our troops
At this point there is no RF and I do not think there is plans for it either. I could be wrong so Nick or another GI employee please correct me if I am.

As well as this loader works I see no reason for RF to be integrated in to the system. It feeds plenty fast and I have yet to notice any hiccups.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:49 AM #91
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

4leaf4life is a Professional paintball player
4leaf4life works for a Paintball manufacturer
4leaf4life plays in the PSP
4leaf4life posts videos on PbNation
4leaf4life plays in the APPA Pro division
4leaf4life is Legendary
4leaf4life supports DLX Technology
Anything is possible but for now no RF, not to say that there will never be.
4leaf4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:43 PM #92
7paintball
Service at its best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leaf4life View Post
Anything is possible but for now no RF, not to say that there will never be.
Interesting. Sure would be a good option to have at some point.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:28 PM #93
coolicarboy
Dont take my avatar!

coolicarboy plays in the PSP
coolicarboy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
coolicarboy is for the Gunfight
coolicarboy posts videos on PbNation
I will definitely be purchasing one of these. I was a huge fan of the Draxxus Pulse when it came out. I used that loader for awhile until it started getting really hard to find shells for it.

Palm Beach Vipers

Check out my vids!
coolicarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:47 PM #94
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Empire
Ordered mine today, I can't wait!
smokefools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:57 PM #95
varycoolman579
EGO 10 SLS

varycoolman579 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
varycoolman579 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
varycoolman579 supports DLX Technology
varycoolman579 supports Empire
Because machine paintball is owned by gi sports and the machine vapor came with a thingy for a free vapor hopper, is this the free hopper the vapor owners can claim?
TACAMO MK5
varycoolman579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:20 AM #96
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
Machine Paintball is NOT owned by GI Sportz.
GI Sportz (Well, Manic) just distribute their markers. Like the Bob Long Victus is made by Bob Long for GI Sportz.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:44 PM #97
Mr.paintball100

Mr.paintball100 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Mr.paintball100 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mr.paintball100 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
That's cool but heavy
Mr.paintball100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:27 PM #98
Gbash
Another day in paradise

Gbash is playing at Living Legends VII
Gbash owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Gbash has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Gbash supports Empire
Nice job! Thanks for all the good info. When do they come out to the general public?
Old 01-10-2014, 07:28 PM #99
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbash View Post
Nice job! Thanks for all the good info. When do they come out to the general public?
They already are available to the public my good sir. I have a few in my shop but they have been selling fast!

Old 01-11-2014, 10:33 PM #100
ferg man 5000
Amature Gynecologist

Got mine the other day, however mine didn't come with a speedfeed or extra screws or a manual at that! Boo!!!

I'll be playing a scenario tomorrow with it so I'll give you a game time overview tomorrow. However, so far, loving it. Chrono was within 10 (at the very most) with the field chrono with an average of about 6 or 7.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4059881
ferg man 5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:01 PM #101
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferg man 5000 View Post
Got mine the other day, however mine didn't come with a speedfeed or extra screws or a manual at that! Boo!!!

I'll be playing a scenario tomorrow with it so I'll give you a game time overview tomorrow. However, so far, loving it. Chrono was within 10 (at the very most) with the field chrono with an average of about 6 or 7.
Email G.I. about the speed feed and no one has gotten with a manual, but f8al made a video going over the settings. Glad to hear it's accurate, I can't wait to use mine.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:13 PM #102
ferg man 5000
Amature Gynecologist

^Manual isn't needed cause its super easy to set up once you know how. I heard the stock speedfeed isn't that great so no biggie on that either.

Might email them about it anyways so I can see if it sucks or not myself, however the stock lid isn't that bad though. Nice and tight!

Old 01-12-2014, 01:22 AM #103
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferg man 5000 View Post
^Manual isn't needed cause its super easy to set up once you know how. I heard the stock speedfeed isn't that great so no biggie on that either.

Might email them about it anyways so I can see if it sucks or not myself, however the stock lid isn't that bad though. Nice and tight!
Yeah the loader isn't really complicated and the speed is good for paint going in, but it doesn't really hold it in like other quality speed feeds. It is still nice that they included it for the time being. I would email them since it should've came with it and it would be nice to have the spare screws anyways.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:29 PM #104
ferg man 5000
Amature Gynecologist

Game play review....

Took the pulse to the scenario I played in today and she performed nicely. I didn't play the entire day with it and I'll explain why shortly but used it for the most part.

For starters, everyone was wanting to check her out for themselves as soon as I slapped her on my cyborg. Took it to the chrono for the morning chrono and it was within 5 every shot. Chrono judge was impressed himself.

On the field, it was keeping up easily with the old borg. No problems at all until the middle of the day when the borg was having eye malfuctions. Being I was in the middle of a mission, I ran out to the truck to scoop up the dm6 with the rotor on it so I could get back into the action. Hour and a half later, I stopped to switch out the rotor out for the pulse and saw what happened. A ball broke inside and turned the inside of the hopper to mess, however it was still feeding them with no problems. Pulled the tray out, wiped it, back together in about 2 minutes.

Final battle. Well, this would be the test right here. 30 minute final battle in a small area. I got pinned behind 2 small *** sandbags, so small if I lifted my gun up to shoot, hopper would be sticking out. I was having to lay on the ground the whole time. So what did I do? I turned the gun sideways and started shooting and the pulse fed it even on its side with no problems. The motor would sound like it was binding down on the stack oddly, however it never broke any paint. And of course, before it was all said and done, I did my patented "Walrus Flop" into a bunker hiting the hell out of the pulse when I did it. Got up quick, started throwing paint.

At the end of the day, the battery light was showing green but was bouncing to yellow and sometimes red. I have been showing alot of people the hopper so it is too early for me to say this hopper is a battery hog, but if it was showing green and bouncing to yellow when shot already, then time will tell.

Paint I was using was (oddly enough) G.I. 3 star. Had one barrel brake and one hopper break so I would blame it on the paint cause it did have dimples on them.

tl;dr- Feeds great, chrono accurate, tough as hell, battery life still under investigation but looking meh.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:45 PM #105
osutommy
Jedi Master

osutommy supports Sherwood Forest
Anyone else have any detalis about expected battery life? One of the reason I love the rotor.. a set of batteries seem to last a really long time! It sounds like a solid weekend of play would require multiple batteries for the Pulse? Is there any claims to what the battery life should be?

Thanks for all the great insight from those who have the hoppers already!

'03 Planet Eclipse Factory Cocker
Mini/Mid blocked Custom Freeflow Lotus Cocker
Bob Long G6R Tactical
'05 Orange Eclipsed Prostock Cocker - STILL STOLEN!
osutommy is offline   Reply With Quote