PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-13-2013, 03:17 PM #64
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCrU3LtYx View Post
Firstly, great write up, you covered basically everything there is to know about the loader. Heres my question: What does this loader bring to the table that others don't? Its the heaviest, with an average capacity. This is a loader first and foremost, the chrony is just an extra feature, and I fail to see any incentive to purchase this over the other top tier loaders.

Take the spire for example, it set out to beat the rotor and quiet frankly it does. It's lighter and is able to attain a higher capacity while maintaining a profile that is just as small if not smaller than the rotor. That combined with the huge feed, integrated anti-jam, and the spring-feed, it is clear that the spire set out to fix many of the rotors flaws.

What does this do better than the 2? Be being on par or arguably worse than the existing competition doesn't seem to promote the longevity of this product.

Without the element of ingenuity (the chrony doesn't count since it has no effect on the loaders ability to function as a loader), I personally believe that it would be foolish of anyone to purchase this over a rotor or spire for any other reason than just to try it.

I don't mean for this to be a hypercritical comment, but rather an expression of personal opinion. Just trying to wrap my head around this product.
Chrono, shot counter, battery indicator and digital display for adjustment and viewing. If you don't need any of those features than you don't need the loader.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2013, 03:26 PM #65
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Firstly, great write up, you covered basically everything there is to know about the loader. Heres my question: What does this loader bring to the table that others don't? Its the heaviest, with an average capacity. This is a loader first and foremost, the chrony is just an extra feature, and I fail to see any incentive to purchase this over the other top tier loaders.

Take the spire for example, it set out to beat the rotor and quiet frankly it does. It's lighter and is able to attain a higher capacity while maintaining a profile that is just as small if not smaller than the rotor. That combined with the huge feed, integrated anti-jam, and the spring-feed, it is clear that the spire set out to fix many of the rotors flaws.

What does this do better than the 2? Be being on par or arguably worse than the existing competition doesn't seem to promote the longevity of this product.

Without the element of ingenuity (the chrony doesn't count since it has no effect on the loaders ability to function as a loader), I personally believe that it would be foolish of anyone to purchase this over a rotor or spire for any other reason than just to try it.

I don't mean for this to be a hypercritical comment, but rather an expression of personal opinion. Just trying to wrap my head around this product.
One thing a lot of people are excited about is the ability to expand the capacity without having to have extra shells via the Ring Kits. Another thing is the integrated shot counter and chronograph as well as the advanced menu system. Having the screen on the back is a huge perk for some people, but as with EVERYTHING in this sport it all boils down to personal preference. The thing that I am most intrigued with is the ability to use different paddles for different paint and conditions etc.

Time will tell how this loader does, but I am optimistic to see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandoFXDF View Post
Maybe this has already been addressed but I see ANS has the RDR and the STD. What it the difference? RDR has chrono and STD does not?

ANS show the exact same description for both. They're usually pretty vague when describing things both in text and video.
The Pulse RDR is the one that comes with the chronograph already installed. The STD as they call it is the Pulse RDR Ready meaning it does not come with the chronograph but can have one installed later if chosen to.
Email Me For All Your Paintball Needs

My posts are my thoughts and mine alone and should be interpreted as such. They do not reflect the company I work for or any companies I represent.
f8al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:49 PM #66
xCrU3LtYx
Give me the formuoli

xCrU3LtYx is BST Trusted
xCrU3LtYx owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
xCrU3LtYx supports Team VICIOUS
xCrU3LtYx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xCrU3LtYx has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
xCrU3LtYx supports DLX Technology
Are you able to go into more detail about the ring kits? From what I can gather by looking at the pics, its a sort of spacer that would go in between the 2 half expanding the loader upwards. I think the biggest issue there is ease of install. Is it simply separate the halves, insert/secure between them the ring and go or is there some kind of formal disassembly that has to be done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
Chrono, shot counter, battery indicator and digital display for adjustment and viewing. If you don't need any of those features than you don't need the loader.
That's my point, aside from the battery indicator NO ONE need those, which is why I'm having a hard time trying to find this products place in the market. Shot counters have never really been of any use. Even when conducting efficiency test knowing how many pods you'll shoot compared to exactly how many shots is infinitely better. When your on the field you count pods not individual shots and you dont have time to look at the display, and mental math how many shots you have left. If its a chrony you want for $185 you can buy a clock. One can argue that this cost could be saved through the purchase of the RDR but that's not entirely true. If your looking for a chrony I think its pretty safe to assume that you already posses a loader, a rotor for instance. You sell your rotor for $100 (optimistic) and then spend an additional $150 to replace it with a product which is bested as a chrony, and potentially bested as a loader. For the extra $35, you keep the platform that you know works and is tried and tested, and get what is arguably the best chrony available.

TDOTBALLERS FEEDBACK 29+/0-

Last edited by xCrU3LtYx : 12-13-2013 at 03:53 PM.
xCrU3LtYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:32 PM #67
hayden1406
~

hayden1406 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hayden1406 plays in the APPA beginner division
hayden1406 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hayden1406 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
What is the "over molded shell that provide a bounce factor? Is the pulse soft/squishy on the outside?

Air Assault Paintball ~ Valley Paintball
hayden1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:35 PM #68
y0ung_m0n3y
Sanchez

y0ung_m0n3y plays in the PSP
y0ung_m0n3y plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:

You obviously don't play xball, no one has time to chrono your gun in between points half the time. So the chrono is a HUGE selling point IMO. The second you step onto the field and shoot your gun you know instantly if you need another gun. which will save you time, and in the end it could save you from stupid *** hot penalties, and possibly win you the match.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:10 PM #69
xCrU3LtYx
Give me the formuoli

xCrU3LtYx is BST Trusted
xCrU3LtYx owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
xCrU3LtYx supports Team VICIOUS
xCrU3LtYx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xCrU3LtYx has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
xCrU3LtYx supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0ung_m0n3y View Post
You obviously don't play xball, no one has time to chrono your gun in between points half the time. So the chrono is a HUGE selling point IMO. The second you step onto the field and shoot your gun you know instantly if you need another gun. which will save you time, and in the end it could save you from stupid *** hot penalties, and possibly win you the match.
I've been playing in the CXBL (true x-ball, 20 min halves, no point cap) for the past 4 years, the chrony means absolutely nothing to me. I have never stepped on the field and not been immediately asked by a ref to chrony over their clock. After a while of them knowing your gun is fine they just stop checking regularly. Also, if there is a dispute its not like you can say "oh but my loader says otherwise", the refs have the final say. Finally, if you need to re-chrony in between points or at half because you fps is fluctuating, you need to service your reg. I rarely ever have to re-chrony after games because I take good care of my markers and make they are all tournament ready well before game day, as should all players. As I said before, the chrony is a "bling" incentive to buy the loader, it's not intrinsic to the products design.

TDOTBALLERS FEEDBACK 29+/0-

Last edited by xCrU3LtYx : 12-13-2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: letters
xCrU3LtYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:25 PM #70
y0ung_m0n3y
Sanchez

y0ung_m0n3y plays in the PSP
y0ung_m0n3y plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
I've been playing in the CXBL (true x-ball, 20 min halves, no point cap) for the past 4 years, the chrony means absolutely nothing to me. I have never stepped on the field and not been immediately asked by a ref to chrony over their clock. After a while of them knowing your gun is fine they just stop checking regularly. Also, if there is a dispute its not like you can say "oh but my loader says otherwise", the refs have the final say. Finally, if you need to re-chrony in between points or at half because you fps is fluctuating, you need to service your reg. I rarely ever have to re-chrony after games because I take good care of my markers and make they are all tournament ready well before game day, as should all players. As I said before, the chrony is a "bling" incentive to buy the loader, it's not intrinsic to the products design.
I know what cxbl is but thanks for the unnecessary play by play novel. Just to let you know heat is a factor in velocity increase through out the day. Glad you marker is prestine
It's quite simple, to most of us the chrono is a +
If you don't think so don't buy it.

Last edited by y0ung_m0n3y : 12-13-2013 at 07:36 PM. Reason: iPhone autocorrect
y0ung_m0n3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:09 PM #71
Old_School

I see both sides... On one hand u get a lot of new features that may or may not help the loader... But on the other hand my rotor has never let me down sooooo IMO if its not brok don't fix it. Is it cool? Heck yes!!! But like everything I buy, give it a year and see how it holds up. The proof is in the pudding
Old 12-14-2013, 01:50 AM #72
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
Or if you dont want the chrono version... don't buy and and stick to the non-chrono version?

Markers: Bob Long Insight, MVP, 2012 G6R and VCOM

Clubs: Marq Clan | Insight Owners Group
WildWayz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:38 AM #73
Sogamember666
This is not an Exit

Sogamember666 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sogamember666 supports Team VICIOUS
Sogamember666 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sogamember666 supports our troops
Sogamember666 is Legendary
Might I suggest posting pics of the Pulse without the RDR portion installed? Just so people can see the weight difference.

As far as the chrono ability goes. This is a great idea for people who play out law ball or people who like to tune at home and don't have access to a chrono. This alleviates the the issue of buying a chrono and a loader, unless you already have a chrono.

Its got some cool features and I hope I can afford one, some day.

However...tad over kill on my 6.5 lol
Sogamember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:40 AM #74
Dusday

Dusday owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Thanks for the review!
Dusday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:44 AM #75
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Are you able to go into more detail about the ring kits? From what I can gather by looking at the pics, its a sort of spacer that would go in between the 2 half expanding the loader upwards. I think the biggest issue there is ease of install. Is it simply separate the halves, insert/secure between them the ring and go or is there some kind of formal disassembly that has to be done?

That's my point, aside from the battery indicator NO ONE need those, which is why I'm having a hard time trying to find this products place in the market. Shot counters have never really been of any use. Even when conducting efficiency test knowing how many pods you'll shoot compared to exactly how many shots is infinitely better. When your on the field you count pods not individual shots and you dont have time to look at the display, and mental math how many shots you have left. If its a chrony you want for $185 you can buy a clock. One can argue that this cost could be saved through the purchase of the RDR but that's not entirely true. If your looking for a chrony I think its pretty safe to assume that you already posses a loader, a rotor for instance. You sell your rotor for $100 (optimistic) and then spend an additional $150 to replace it with a product which is bested as a chrony, and potentially bested as a loader. For the extra $35, you keep the platform that you know works and is tried and tested, and get what is arguably the best chrony available.
I think the Chrono is pretty handy. It certainly isn't a must have feature, but lets face it, most technology in paintball isn't. You wouldn't have to wait in line for the chrono and this makes for one less thing a perso has to remember to bring. I can also very handy for making on the fly adjustments at home and for people who play renegade ball. It also lets you monitor your chrono speed as the day progresses so that if you are at an event where you aren't getting chrono'd as frequently, you don't have to worry about a penalty. Of course you can bring a chrono, but there is already one on the loader so you have an added convenience.

For the record, I probably won't by one due to cost of getting another loader. I already have a Rotor that I have used for years now that works great, but I certainly see the market and value in the product. Virtue Spires go for close to that cost without the a lot of the features you see on this. If I was in the market for a new loader however, I would very strongly consider this one for the extra money to get the added features.

Obviously as I said if you don't need those features, the loader isn't for you just don't assume we are all in the boat with you.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:25 AM #76
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile plays in the APPA D4 division
team_xile is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
team_xile is Legendary
team_xile supports DLX Technology
team_xile supports Empire
I have 2 rotors, a spire, and an egg. I have too many hoppers already. I plan in buying a Pulse, but I'll give it a year so they can work out the bugs.
team_xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:21 PM #77
BNelly13

BNelly13 is an NCPA player
BNelly13 plays in the APPA D5 division
BNelly13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BNelly13 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al View Post
[center]Stock Speed Feed Installation/Loader Disassembly:
...The loader does disassemble quite easily, basically as easily as the Spire but not quite as easily as the Rotor...
This part confused me. I thought the spire was always the easiest to disassemble? It only has four main components which are the shell, the lid, the tray and the spire paddle. Then when it comes to installing a speed feed on the spire you just switch out the whole lid and I don't think it gets much easier than that. If you could clarify what you meant here I would appreciate that.
BNelly13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:28 PM #78
Rockyboarder
So Long Gay boys....

Rockyboarder owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Won't buy.
Rockyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:27 PM #79
JJDu4

Annual Supporting Member
JJDu4 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JJDu4 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
JJDu4 is for the Gunfight
JJDu4 supports DLX Technology
JJDu4 supports Empire
JJDu4 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I'm actually quite happy so far with the RDR and I think it will give us all another good option as far as hoppers go. I personally like all the hoppers shown in this review(btw good job Aaron) and really don't have a favorite outta the bunch. There's pro's and con's to each and I feel it really boils down to personal preference. Now we just need to see what Machine throws into the ring......
Old 12-14-2013, 07:37 PM #80
Munchman
Keep Em Down (Suppressor)

Munchman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hmmm, this might be my next Loader, I only just ordered my first Marker and already got a Rotor (used once with a rental T98, yar I know overkill), so bit early to upgrade at this time... But great post, gives a lot of good solid info!

I also liked seeing all other Loaders there too, learned more then just about the RDR.

Raiding the Pyramid!!!

Last edited by Munchman : 12-14-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Munchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:54 AM #81
Punisher068

Great review,thanks
I still use the original Pulse,when synced with the RF chip to the gun feedspeed is insanely fast.They're also great internals for homemade boxmags
I haven't purchased a newer "super hopper" since my Pulses and Vlocities have worked fine,this may change my mind.Looks like they kept the best parts of the original(removable tray,pulse and RF feed) and improved on the bad(brittle shell&lid,weight)
Seeing as GI Sports purchased Tippmann I'd love to see a production boxmag for milsim guns using these internals
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:16 PM #82
jakekiyo
Burn your idols.

Annual Supporting Member
jakekiyo is BST Legit
jakekiyo owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jakekiyo supports Team VICIOUS
jakekiyo has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
jakekiyo supports Empire
Best review on a product that i've seen in a while.

:thumbsup:
LUXE

UNDRPB

Aloha
jakekiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:17 PM #83
Unholy780
UHOLY

Annual Supporting Member
Unholy780 is playing at Living Legends VII
Unholy780 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Unholy780 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit