Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-08-2013, 02:49 PM #1
Creature19

BT tm-15 or upped tippmann x7

I'm new to the milsim stuff and was hoping you guys could help me decide. I'm looking to trade my dye dm9 for a milsim so I want to make sure it's a fair trade!

Pros

Cons

Throw out other options?

ThNks guys!
Creature19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2013, 03:24 PM #2
Shovah

Annual Supporting Member
Shovah owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Shovah owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The TM-15 is pretty much a lengthy TM7. Don't get me wrong, the TM7 is nice, but I had issues with both of mine.

I lean towards the X7 on this one. Depending on whats in it. hopefully the X7 has the electronic board in it. Or hopefully its a Phenom. If not, no big deal. \

What you should look for -> cyclone feed; is it upgraded at all? Squishy paddles are good to have, they're softer on the paint, especially if you fire faster the regular paddles will turn the cyclone into a paint blender. And at that point you're going to take the next game out just cleaning the cyclone.

Wear; Internal wear on any marker is a huge thing. Ask if you can see the marker apart. Check for large gouges/striations in the parts usually they will follow the path that the bolt travels.

If you can, air the marker up and test first (dry fire or with shots in it), this will give you a feel and let you know if its actually working. ie: does it leak as soon as air is applied?, does it leak after a shot? simple things like that.

Again, I lean towards the X7 mostly because tippmann builds a SOLID marker.
Shovah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:36 PM #3
Slo poke

Are you gonna go mag fed later? Then the X7 would be what you would go for. But when it comes to efficiency, quietness, and ease of maint. then the TM15 would be a better choice. I have never chopped a ball or had any issues with either of my TM15 with ripclips.

Last edited by Slo poke : 12-08-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Slo poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:12 PM #4
h0m3g33

h0m3g33 is playing at Living Legends VII
h0m3g33 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
h0m3g33 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I've always loved my X7, really what Shovoh said is about right on, the things are tanks, only issue I've ever had was the cyclone acting up due to lack of grease (It needs to be swimming) and the board blowing after 5 years of use.

Also I'm thinking of selling my X7 setup

Need a gearbag? PM me I've got extras.

I'm always looking for gear, ATM I'm looking for:
Dust Black Freak Back, Gloss Red Tip
Pink Rotor Jewels or Pink Spire color kit
Rotor Top Lid Spring, Geo3 spare parts
Outkast Autococker spare parts, Trilogy parts+pump kit
h0m3g33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:10 AM #5
Creature19

Haha yea I have been looking at some sweet x7 setups but at the same time there are some awesome tm15 setups gaaaaah
Old 12-09-2013, 11:58 AM #6
DRAXX
www.muddhillspaintball.tk

I'd recommend the TM-15 "IF" you have a rip clip, there's no high humidity, ,chance of you ever dropping it in a puddle, you're not overly aggressive.

X7 if ^all the above applies to your playing style.

The TM-15 wins in accuracy and efficiency, and it has eyes. It's simply a much more technoligically advanced gun vs. Tippmann's signiture blow-back design. But durability and reliability? Not so much. It's an electro gun dressed up for Holloween as a mil-sim marker. I was never able to break any of my A5's or X7s. They're tanks - end.

Last edited by DRAXX : 12-09-2013 at 12:01 PM.
DRAXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:45 AM #7
Creature19

See I'm a little more aggressive when I play. I'm use to speedball so I'll be running jumping diving all that stuff still haha
Old 12-10-2013, 12:25 PM #8
DRAXX
www.muddhillspaintball.tk

Did you play with an Axe or mini? If you're used to that platform, the TM7 might be better for you. if you're used to a speedball gun feel, and walking a double trigger, the TM7 is one of the only mil-sim markers that will do that for you. the only other milsim marker Tippmann makes, that that you can walk the trigger on, is a phenom/mechanical, and crossover.

maybe you should look into getting a crossover. that thing is pretty instructable, and with a modded trigger spring, it can littlerally cross over to everything. you need an upgraded board for tournaments though.
DRAXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:32 PM #9
Slo poke

The TM7 has a crappy plastic shell that feels cheap. The TM15 has a magnesium shell, it is durable, reliable and can have a double trigger put on it. The TM7 also is a pain to work on having to take the shell apart to get to anything.
Slo poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:36 AM #10
The1youlove2hate

I would Recomend the gog g1 with blackheart board

I would not Recomend the tm15
The1youlove2hate is offline   Reply With Quote