Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-04-2013, 06:34 PM #1
Canada's Own

Tacamo Magfed Conversion Kit & compatible mags

My brother and I are currently running BT4 Assaults (and a BT TM15 & a BT TM15 LE) that have taccaps on them. We are looking to convert to magfed and are considering buying Tacamo conversion kits for our BT4's and converting them? I tried looking on the internet to see which mags are compatible with the Tacamo kit and I cannot seem to confirm. Ideally we would switch to a true magfed marker in the next few years (the Maxtact MGR2MKII looks awesome!) but as a short term answer we want to use what we have.

My dilemma is I would prefer to make only one investment in mags, has anyone tried Scarab arms 18 rd mags with the Tacamo conversion kit? are there better mags out there that are compatible?
Canada's Own is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:56 PM #2
Nahib_Stilgar

The gun in my sig was a tippy 98, effectively the same as the bt4.

The standard magwell will use the Rap4 and milsig round collar mags. However the magwell can be converted pretty easily to use the scarab arms mags as well. See the pictures in the link in my sig. I am in Ottawa as well if you want a closer look at the mods to do it yourself.

Buypbl was having a great deal on mags on the weekend, not sure if it is still on or not.
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:28 PM #3
Canada's Own

Thanks for the input. Where do you play magfed around Ottawa? We have not bumped into many maggers!
Canada's Own is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:54 AM #4
Nahib_Stilgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada's Own View Post
Thanks for the input. Where do you play magfed around Ottawa? We have not bumped into many maggers!
They are around.

There is a local paintball Milsim team called Danger Close that plays out of Ottawa Xtreme Paintball (OXP)

They are pretty heavy Milsim/magfed guys.

There are others who just play randomly where ever...but not always exclusively Magfed.

My team, Featuring Death, is the Club team at OXP as well. Most of us play pump/pistol/limited paint so the magfed guns will fit in well there.

We also travel to big games every once in while.

I am running a Fun Tactical tourney in the spring that should see a fair bit of magfed action.
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:53 PM #5
ZCrazy

I just had a similar question and emailed Rap4 about it. The Rap4 mags are preferred but the milsig mags do work. What the guy said to do was buy the MKV DMag Mag well found here------
http://www.rap4.com/store/paintball/...-magazine-well

It allows the conversion kit to use the cheaper and better D-Mags they released.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by ZCrazy : 12-16-2013 at 07:54 PM. Reason: grammar
ZCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote