Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-20-2013, 10:55 AM #1
Shawn*Walker

From Shawn

I wanted to give a quick shot out to everyone on behalf of myself and the APL and let everyone know I am personally following suggestions and comments here on PBnation and taking all into consideration while we continue to bring the APL together.

I have had good conversations and email correspondence with dozens of very excited teams, fields and sponsors.

Exciting times right now and I'm looking forward to releasing more information soon.

The plan is to have entry fees, prize packages and rules released before December 1st. We have a strong draft of all three of these items and want to make sure everything is fine tuned and solid before release.

If you have any specific questions for me feel free to post or PM me and I will be happy to respond.

Thanks for everyone's support and I can't wait to see everyone on the field in 2014.
Shawn*Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2013, 08:00 PM #2
contract*killa
MASS Media

contract*killa posts videos on PbNation
Treat the media people well.
Treat the players well.

Hopefully people get past this idea that Shawn doesn't know what hes doing. He has ran RPL well, He has ran his fields well, and his teams well. I see nothing but positives.

Hopefully the webcast will be just as good, if not better, than what PBA is producing. I think we all want to see good paintball being played even if we cant be at the event. We want to feel like we are there.

For the players, good event locations that aren't going to break the bank. Qualcomm was amazing, but probably not the best for the league which in turn isn't the best for the players.

Hopefully prizes are paid out in a timely fashion.

Also hopefully media people don't have to pay a ridiculous amount to get on the field. I'm sure we all don't want to have to give up all footage or photos back to the league.

Field condition is key. I remember players on the pro field in Vegas 2 years back were slipping like crazy because the turf wasn't right.

Best of luck to you and the rest of your crew on this upcoming season Shawn,
MASS Media
contract*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:30 AM #3
DevilDog336
Todd Walker #11

Annual Supporting Member
DevilDog336 is BST Trusted
DevilDog336 is playing at Living Legends VII
Shawn, could you at least release projected dates? And possibly general locations? Like how the Millennium has done?

Thanks.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:40 PM #4
FreakinJB

I agree with everything above but I'd definitely revisit the part about the webcast. The current PBA webcast has been a huge effort and cost over a long period of time. It's not reasonable to hold a brand new league to that standard. Not that I'd be against it, you're just setting yourself up to be disappointed if that's your expectation.
FreakinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:14 PM #5
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Annual Supporting Member
Hobbes The Tiger is a Moderator
Hobbes The Tiger is BST Trusted
Hobbes The Tiger is a Paintball photographer
Hobbes The Tiger is playing at Living Legends VII
Hobbes The Tiger has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Hobbes The Tiger is a PbNation video producer
Hobbes The Tiger supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by contract*killa View Post
Also hopefully media people don't have to pay a ridiculous amount to get on the field. I'm sure we all don't want to have to give up all footage or photos back to the league.
This, x100. Photography/media shouldn't be a money making process, yet the leagues feel that it should be. The NPPL's media policy was a joke, this is a chance to start fresh with the APL and do things correctly. Not allowing anyone with a camera on the field, having people that know how to create good photographs, etc. Please put someone that knows what they're talking about when it comes to photography/media in charge of approving media members.

Follow PbNation: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

@DABPhoto: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Hobbes The Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:38 AM #6
RepN the 417
Virus

RepN the 417 plays in the APPA D4 division
RepN the 417 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If it does not use appa (regardless of the owner of appa, or the past between him and the nppl) I personally wouldn't even consider playing. That system has been in place for a good time now, which makes it even more safe proof, and should be used by every tournament series in the world. The nppl ranking system was a joke, and I hope you guys (just saying you guys in general) can bight your pride, and do what will be best for your tournament series, and the players. That is my main concern, and to find good competition on a national level that doesn't cost me the amount the pep events cost.
Karnage Paintballs
Paintball-Outpost
RepN the 417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:46 AM #7
paintsprayerrr

paintsprayerrr plays in the PSP
paintsprayerrr plays in the APPA D1 division
How about venues? I know venues are not anywhere close to being finalized and will probably not be released until after the dates come out, but can you post what venues you are looking into.
paintsprayerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:34 PM #8
RepN the 417
Virus

If they are not finalized they are not going to post venues they are looking in to.
Karnage Paintballs
Paintball-Outpost
Old 12-03-2013, 04:01 PM #9
paintsprayerrr

paintsprayerrr plays in the PSP
paintsprayerrr plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by RepN the 417 View Post
If they are not finalized they are not going to post venues they are looking in to.
How come? I mean why not say we are researching these ~10 places. Players just know where they want them, they don't know all the reasons why certain venues just aren't possible.
paintsprayerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:47 PM #10
RepN the 417
Virus

It's not professional to say "well, we wanted it here, there and here, but could not make it happen. " I am not saying I disagree with you, I just don't see them doing that. I would also venture a guess, that they already have a good idea of where the events will be held..
Karnage Paintballs
Paintball-Outpost
Old 12-03-2013, 04:48 PM #11
RepN the 417
Virus

And that they will announce it soon enough.
Karnage Paintballs
Paintball-Outpost
Old 12-03-2013, 08:50 PM #12
DragonVunit
Detroit Action

DragonVunit plays in the PSP
DragonVunit owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DragonVunit plays in the APPA D4 division
Plus putting out a list of "possible venues" will needlessly flood this thread and forum with hundreds of opinions of why one is better than the other....not to mention getting peoples hopes up just to get there hearts broken when they don't pick the ones some really really want.

Let them figure it out and announce the venues when everything is set......IMO.

Detroit Action Paintball Teams
Action Paintball/Action Paintball Park

No Guts !!!!!! No Glory !!!!!
DragonVunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:08 PM #13
Shawn*Walker

Great questions, everyone.

I know as a player, that the venues/dates, are very important and the sooner the better for the release. We are very close on this, but need to wait for the PSP to release their dates. I'm told that could be next week. If that is the case we will be ready to release ours then as well.

As far as Media, I agree with everyone here that there is no need to make money off photographers that are trying to support the sport. My only distinction is making sure those that are on the field are on the field to do that and not just support one team. As long as an individual is a legitimate media person they won't need to pay at the APL.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:18 PM #14
Shawn*Walker

As far as using APPA or not. I too agree that the APPA has done a great job of keeping track of our industry. I also agree that pride and history shouldn't play a part in the decision to use the system or not.

To that end we reached out to the APPA in an effort to secure their services for the APL. They have said that as of now they will not allow us to use the APPA system for the APL.

It's obviously their prerogative to choose who they work with and who they don't. The APPA is a business and they need to make business decisions that they feel are best for their company.

I think it would have been great to have our whole industry on one ID system but I can't force the APPA to allow us to use the system. That's got to come from them.

We will do our best to work on a plan B that is fair to the players and hope to limit sandbagging in the APL.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:00 PM #15
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
I agree that we should have one system. And I think it is a poor business decision to exclude leagues from using the APPA system, which is why we have never done it before.

But the last time Shawn told me the industry needed one system, he used the APPA system just long enough to provide his own developer back-end access to attempt to copy APPA, then launched a separate (rather poor) imitation "system" based in large part on information acquired through backend APPA access. Some of you may remember that site as theidpro.com.

I am sure most would understand why this is not an arrangement we are able to repeat.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:06 PM #16
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
So how will the ranking system work?

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:17 PM #17
smithpaintball
Soi Soi

Annual Supporting Member
smithpaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
smithpaintball supports DLX Technology
Appa

It would be great to see both leagues - all leagues use the same ranking. If the system was already copied not sure how it could hurt now. And yet the league still wants to pay/use APPA. That would be a true win for all players across the board. I hope the APPA decides to negotiate terms with the league and APL and Shawn for all the players benefit. Credit to Shawn for trying and listening and caring what the players want. Dad posting, not kid.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:54 PM #18
$$AMONEY$$

$$AMONEY$$ is a Supporting Member
$$AMONEY$$ plays in the PSP
$$AMONEY$$ plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn*Walker View Post
As far as using APPA or not. I too agree that the APPA has done a great job of keeping track of our industry. I also agree that pride and history shouldn't play a part in the decision to use the system or not.

To that end we reached out to the APPA in an effort to secure their services for the APL. They have said that as of now they will not allow us to use the APPA system for the APL.

It's obviously their prerogative to choose who they work with and who they don't. The APPA is a business and they need to make business decisions that they feel are best for their company.

I think it would have been great to have our whole industry on one ID system but I can't force the APPA to allow us to use the system. That's got to come from them.

We will do our best to work on a plan B that is fair to the players and hope to limit sandbagging in the APL.
So you don't remember ripping them off?
Old 12-07-2013, 07:29 PM #19
RepN the 417
Virus

Once again, the "higher ups" not concerned about the players or the sport. What a suprise.
Karnage Paintballs
Paintball-Outpost
Old 12-07-2013, 10:34 PM #20
polarpaxton
WooPig

polarpaxton plays in the PSP
polarpaxton helped look for balloons
polarpaxton is an NCPA player
A legitimate classing system would be a requirement for me. Whether thats with Chris or not.
RIP Razorback Paintball 2003-2009
NCPA AllStars Lifetime member
polarpaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:49 PM #21
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithpaintball View Post
It would be great to see both leagues - all leagues use the same ranking. If the system was already copied not sure how it could hurt now. And yet the league still wants to pay/use APPA. That would be a true win for all players across the board. I hope the APPA decides to negotiate terms with the league and APL and Shawn for all the players benefit. Credit to Shawn for trying and listening and caring what the players want. Dad posting, not kid.
You invite your neighbor over for dinner and he steals your wife's jewelry. Do you reward him with the keys to your house the next time you see him?
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote