PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-18-2013, 12:35 AM #1
Cullum

Cullum owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Mag-Fed -Gun Help

Im thinking about getting into mag-fed guns, but I don't know hardly anything about them. I have a speedball gun and pump gun, I would like to have gun first strike capable. Can anyone help me with choosing a gun, gear I would need, and any tips on playing with a mag-fed gun?
Cullum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2013, 11:44 AM #2
Punisher068

Try out a Hammer 7,it's inexpensive in case magfed isn't your thing
It's fairly easy to mod if you want a different look
I bought mine to try pump out(I suck but love the challenge),First Strikes were just a bonus at first,once I tried them at a scenario I was impressed,made myself a homemade select fire magfed since then
My DAM mags I'm using for my custom gun fit perfect in a standard podpack,Hammer 7 ones are a bit smaller
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217

Last edited by Punisher068 : 11-18-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:39 PM #3
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Might need some more information.

Are you looking for a gun to play mag fed only games or are you looking for something more flexible?

Do you want to go pump or Semi?

Mechanical or Electric?

Is the ability to switch between regular paint and First Strike rounds important?

Do you wish to have the ability to do that while on the field?

Do you have a budget?

How many magazines are you planning on purchasing?

Do you want to have the tank on the gun, in the stock, or run remote?

I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them at the moment.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:22 PM #4
Ltr88

Ltr88 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have a spyder mr5. I like it, it's a cheaper gun compared to some other mag fed. You can shoot first strike and regular paint. I would get a loader that can feed faster if your going to use a hopper. I have a mechanical trigger and even that a gravity fed hopper can't keep up. The only problem if had shooting it was due to bad paint. Had a break in the mag and once that ball fed it made a mess and jammed up. One other downside is your limited to 9 rounds at a time or 10 if you use the Mrx mags.
Ltr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:03 PM #5
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
I liked the MR5...and for those on a budget a great buy.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:18 AM #6
M13logic

There's definitely a restriction in magfed when it comes to price. If you have the cash/financial stability to try many new things, I advise it.

As for capacity, the highest capacity for the lowest price is probably Milsig's MKIII CQB with 20 rounds a mag. And starts under $300. Obviously, the MKIII isn't the last word in magfed. The most obvious con with the MKIII is it is not compatible with First Strike.

Clearly, the cheapest First Strike marker series is the Spyder markers. But once again, a lot of people won't agree that their the best (money negligible) due to their 9 round mags.

In my opinion, the magfed market doesn't really start providing REALLY good markers until you hit $500-$600. In this range, you can adequately pimp out a 468 DMAG kit, go for a Tippmann/Tiberius Exo-style pistol (pistol base, rifle mods/attachments (FXR, T9.1s)), get a Scarab/Maxtact TGR2, or my personal favorite (cause I just got it), Milsig's new M series ELITE. All of these are First Strike capable. The only difference being capacity.
M13logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:25 AM #7
M13logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by M13logic View Post
There's definitely a restriction in magfed when it comes to price. If you have the cash/financial stability to try many new things, I advise it.

As for capacity, the highest capacity for the lowest price is probably Milsig's MKIII CQB with 20 rounds a mag. And starts under $300. Obviously, the MKIII isn't the last word in magfed. The most obvious con with the MKIII is it is not compatible with First Strike.

Clearly, the cheapest First Strike marker series is the Spyder markers. But once again, a lot of people won't agree that their the best (money negligible) due to their 9 round mags.

In my opinion, the magfed market doesn't really start providing REALLY good markers until you hit $500-$600. In this range, you can adequately pimp out a 468 DMAG kit, go for a Tippmann/Tiberius Exo-style pistol (pistol base, rifle mods/attachments (FXR, T9.1s)), get a Scarab/Maxtact TGR2, or my personal favorite (cause I just got it), Milsig's new M series ELITE. All of these are First Strike capable. The only difference being capacity.
So to clear things up (cause I kinda got carried away), there are three main things that you'll have to prioritize before you choose a magfed marker:

Price
Capacity
And First strike capability.

You could even include fire sequencing if you're looking at the Hammer7 (pump), the E-MR5 (electric triggerframe), or even higher in the range like the DAM (electro-spoolie), or the SAR-12 (bolt-action/semi-auto).
M13logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:06 AM #8
Cullum

Cullum owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Thanks for the help guys. I love playing pump so I think im gonna go with the hammer 7. Its not very expensive so it will be perfect to try out mags with. If I like it I might get the MR5 with an e-grip so I can use the same mags with them. Thanks again.
Cullum is offline   Reply With Quote