Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-11-2013, 05:48 AM #1
exiged

can millsim guns handle full auto without paint breaks?

Hi guys,

Ive had no end of issues with my x7 phenom breaking paint on FA.Ive watched several vids of this marker and a few from other manufactureres also breaking paint,although they usually put it down to old paint.Agreed i know many people have the same marker with no issues at all.

Perhaps im just a bit disillusioned with it due to the trouble with my gun,but in my opinion they should be able to fire a full box of paint without a ball break.any thoughts?

I know a lot of its down to paint and temp...
exiged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2013, 08:49 AM #2
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

has been a member for 10 years
It isn't the milsim, it's the fact that the cyclone feed isn't all that reliable for sustained fire. It normally tops out at about 12bps, though it can't sustain that speed for very long. It isn't because the cyclone feed can't move that fast, it is because the balls can't settle into the paddles quickly enough.
However, you also have the problem of not having eyes. Even the greatest paintball loaders will have a misfeed occasionally, but it is normally a fraction of a second and since the gun doesn't fire until a paintball is loaded it doesn't break a ball. With the cyclone feed, if a ball doesn't settle correctly it will halfway load a ball and the bolt will slice the paintball right in half.
The eyes on a paintball gun aren't just for show, without them your chance of chopping a paintball goes up drastically.

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:29 AM #3
exiged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
It isn't the milsim, it's the fact that the cyclone feed isn't all that reliable for sustained fire. It normally tops out at about 12bps, though it can't sustain that speed for very long. It isn't because the cyclone feed can't move that fast, it is because the balls can't settle into the paddles quickly enough.
However, you also have the problem of not having eyes. Even the greatest paintball loaders will have a misfeed occasionally, but it is normally a fraction of a second and since the gun doesn't fire until a paintball is loaded it doesn't break a ball. With the cyclone feed, if a ball doesn't settle correctly it will halfway load a ball and the bolt will slice the paintball right in half.
The eyes on a paintball gun aren't just for show, without them your chance of chopping a paintball goes up drastically.
Yeh ive heard about the cyclones unreliability,there seems to be a few upgrade kits out there for it.I had toyed with the idea of putting my rotor on the phenom with the adapter kit avaliabe but your right without eyes there could still be issues.
exiged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:39 PM #4
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

Given that the xvr uses the same basic system as the phenom yet has eyes, it seems strange to me that the phenom doesn't.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:10 PM #5
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
Given that the xvr uses the same basic system as the phenom yet has eyes, it seems strange to me that the phenom doesn't.
The XVR was designed with performance in mind, the Phenom wasn't. If you REALLY want to stick will milsim I think for your money a BT TM-15 would be your best bet. However, you're going to get much better performance from a regular paintball gun.

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:58 PM #6
motherboard1

A5, APE rampage board, Cyclone, aluminum ratchet ($5+ship ebay) squishy paddles ($15ish, don't) remember. 5.5 years playing almost 4 times per month with that gun except in the summer. I play a lot, seriously. 15 bps all the time and it simply doesn't chop at that rof. batteries used for this loader = 0

Degraded paint and cool sub 50*F weather are the most common causes of paint breakage which by the way is easily distinguishable from a chop.
motherboard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:06 PM #7
Fieldpeice
That Paintball Complexion

Fieldpeice has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fieldpeice has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If we are talking about mag fed in full auto mine has never broke paint.
Fieldpeice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:06 PM #8
Robotech

Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Yea I haven't had paint break issues with my DAM in either mag fed or Rotor fed but as was mentioned, the gun has eyes and this may be the biggest contributing factor to it not breaking paint. Of course the Rotor can cause paint breaks if it isn't set up properly.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:04 PM #9
shafer.rich

Nah I don't think they could, their moving parts are not fast enough and plus they are just not simply made for that high rate of fire
shafer.rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:24 PM #10
SilentBall55

Why? With a 20 round magazine, full auto 12.5bps, you are empty in 2 seconds....
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:52 AM #11
Robotech

Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
MilSim <> MagFed.

Magfed is certainly the culmination of MilSim but look at the Box Mag for the DAM...320 rounds in a very MilSim layout...albiet for a heavy gunner or SAW role. And before we had MagFed many of us were already doing MilSim as best we could with what was out there.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:07 PM #12
wolf16731

My B5 has no issues at 22bps.... And that is with RAP4 cyclone parts...
wolf16731 is offline   Reply With Quote