Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-08-2013, 02:15 PM #1
KBarlow

Thumbs up TGR2 MK2 Discussion

Just wanted to know your guys' thoughts on the TGR2 MK2.

What do you like about it?

Are there any quirks or problems with it that turn you off?

Coming out of airsoft, I'm finding these mag fed markers to be really appealing. I'm most interested in indoor CQB games because it's too cold in the winter to play outside in Canada, but once it warms up, I'll be interested in playing some outdoor bushball.

To be honest, the number one thing that turned me away from paintball was the cost of the paint, but these mag fed guns basically force you to conserve paint and still provide an element of tactical simulation. Don't get me wrong, this would not be my only gun. I've always wanted a Matrix, but this would be my first step into the paintball world. I'm aware that I would be at a disadvantage, but my reasons for making this choice are my own.

I'm very impressed with the developments that have recently been made with mag fed paintball guns, particularly with the First Strike round and Lapco rifled barrel. That development alone now makes first shot accuracy possible at extreme ranges, and from what I've seen, is much more accurate than airsoft could ever be.

This seems like an ideal choice for an entry-level mag fed marker, but I'm open to input and suggestions. I say this primarily because there is a nice package deal on milsig.ca that includes 5 magazines, an air tank and a holographic sight for $650 new.

http://www.milsig.ca/maxtact-maxtact...ke-rnds-p-3628
KBarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2013, 08:57 PM #2
Reaper6

Myself and a buddy bought the Milsig.ca package with the extra mags and Holosight when it was first offered. Since we bought 2 markers, we got a 15% discount on the package.

The TGR2 is very well made and is of high quality construction.You cock it like an actual C7/M4 and it will accept most AR grips/accessories.

You can shoot regular paint or First Strike rounds. There are no electronics in the marker and velocity is changed by different length springs.Some will say this is old technology, but I like this set up as you do not have to worry about batteries dying or electronics getting wet. This marker is semi-auto only.

I have found the TRG to be fairly accurate with decent paint. I have recently swapped out the 9" factory barrel for a 14" APEX2 barrel and will be trying it out this weekend.

The one thing I have found is to make sure the mags are firmly seated/locked into the lower receiver when you when doing mag changes.If you do not firmly push the mag into locking position, the mag can fall out........also you can not do tactical reloads......if you drop a half empty mag, the ball in the chamber will drop out..........You can also use a few different manufacturers mags in the TGR.......

It comes with a stock air tank, but there will be a fixed buffer tube stock that has a remote fitting released next week IIRC.......

The Flip up BUIS are of decent quality and work well.

Overall myself and my buddy are very happy with the TGR2.
Reaper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:19 PM #3
Reaper6

Here are a few pics of my rig........

-EoTech Holosight clone
-14" APEX2 barrel
-Magpul MIAD grip
-KAC rail covers

With my Schmidt & Bender 5 - 25 X 56mm PM-II scope from my Real Steel Long Range rig..........

Old 11-10-2013, 08:37 AM #4
Reloadro
Phantom Lords

that apex looks nice on there!
Old 11-10-2013, 01:43 PM #5
Pdubs
I am Philosoraptor

Pdubs is playing at Living Legends VI
Pdubs owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Pdubs is for the Gunfight
Pdubs has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I love mine for magfed games. throw on a different barrel, attach whatever accesories you want, and have fun. The current package deal is quite nice.
Pdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:13 AM #6
KBarlow

I ran an M4 in airsoft for two years. I just really liked the simplicity of the platform.

Got a hold of my friend's BT TM-7 which I'll mess around with for a bit. Kind of unsure about the tank though. It's a 48ci 3000psi tank that was supposed to be hydro tested two months ago. It still has a 2000psi charge. Would it be dangerous to use it until it's empty or is it just dangerous to have it filled? I know I can't get it filled until it's retested; I just want to be able to test the marker out.
KBarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:24 PM #7
milsigcanada
MILSIG Industries

Annual Supporting Member
milsigcanada works for a Paintball manufacturer
Anyone interested in the TGR2 should check out our PBNation exclusive sale!

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4043060
milsigcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:23 AM #8
Reaper6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloadro View Post
that apex looks nice on there!

Thx!!

The 14" APEX wasn't long enough to clear the RIS........there is a "collar" in the front of the RIS that is secured with 4 allen screws.......

I removed the front rail "collar" and was able to screw the APEX barrel in. The "suppressor" part of the APEX sits roughly 3/8" inside the RIS.it is a snug fit but I can still turn the "suppressor"..........I love how this gives the TGR an integral suppressor look.....
Old 11-17-2013, 09:56 AM #9
SilentBall55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper6 View Post
Here are a few pics of my rig........

-EoTech Holosight clone
-14" APEX2 barrel
-Magpul MIAD grip
-KAC rail covers

With my Schmidt & Bender 5 - 25 X 56mm PM-II scope from my Real Steel Long Range rig..........

How does your scope work with the Apex? As you increase the setting on the Apex for more spin, you have to tilt the marker more to the sky for it to exit straight from the Apex. Your scope would be useless even with the lowest Apex setting.
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:03 AM #10
SilentBall55

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBarlow View Post

Just wanted to know your guys' thoughts on the TGR2 MK2.

What do you like about it?

Are there any quirks or problems with it that turn you off?

Coming out of airsoft, I'm finding these mag fed markers to be really appealing. I'm most interested in indoor CQB games because it's too cold in the winter to play outside in Canada, but once it warms up, I'll be interested in playing some outdoor bushball.

To be honest, the number one thing that turned me away from paintball was the cost of the paint, but these mag fed guns basically force you to conserve paint and still provide an element of tactical simulation. Don't get me wrong, this would not be my only gun. I've always wanted a Matrix, but this would be my first step into the paintball world. I'm aware that I would be at a disadvantage, but my reasons for making this choice are my own.

I'm very impressed with the developments that have recently been made with mag fed paintball guns, particularly with the First Strike round and Lapco rifled barrel. That development alone now makes first shot accuracy possible at extreme ranges, and from what I've seen, is much more accurate than airsoft could ever be.

This seems like an ideal choice for an entry-level mag fed marker, but I'm open to input and suggestions. I say this primarily because there is a nice package deal on milsig.ca that includes 5 magazines, an air tank and a holographic sight for $650 new.

http://www.milsig.ca/maxtact-maxtact...ke-rnds-p-3628
I do both so if you are from airsoft, you will have to get use to the huge drop-off trajectory arc of the paintball. In airsoft you know, the hop up will keep the bb trajectory flat up to 100ft easily. Without a hop up, a red dot or scope is quite useless.

Also FS are expensive and they need to come down as well.

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 11-17-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:11 PM #11
Reaper6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBall55 View Post
How does your scope work with the Apex? As you increase the setting on the Apex for more spin, you have to tilt the marker more to the sky for it to exit straight from the Apex. Your scope would be useless even with the lowest Apex setting.
lol.........I just put the S&B on there for ****s and Giggles to see how it would look.........not intending to use it for paintball...........It normally sits on a real steel custom Rem700........besides, a $4K scope is a little overkill for paintball..........
Old 11-17-2013, 12:14 PM #12
SilentBall55

Reaper6.... Nice scope anyways!
Old 11-17-2013, 01:41 PM #13
shafer.rich

Tgr2

been watching some of the videos with WOLF and i have to say they are a very good competitor with milsig and i can see them overtaking possibly in the future
shafer.rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:08 AM #14
YYZballer

I had issues with my earlier MK 1 version. Maxtact stood behind their product and fixed the issue to my satisfaction and added in some goodies at no extra cost. I now have two TGR2 markers and plan to purchase a TGR1 in the near future.

Thank you maxtact for standing behind your product..

Last edited by YYZballer : 12-17-2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Company corrected issue to my satisfaction
YYZballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:03 PM #15
Maxtact.ca

Maxtact.ca works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZballer View Post
I seriously doubt that....

I have now had my TGR for 4+ months and managed to play 2 games with it...the marker did not crony properly and after a few weeks of back and forth emails I was put on a waiting list for the Mk pro upgrade. Finally received it last week, took my until now 600 + dollar paperweight out to the field and it pissed air out the ASA. This happened to my friend's TGR as well and hes had even more issues than I have.

So once again I'm waiting for parts....hopefully it doesn't take months like the last time. The Customer support has been...adequate, they respond, though sometimes it takes awhile but at the end of the day I have a marker that does not work properly. I have yet to actually see a TGR work as advertised and I've had 5 of them in various iterations pass through my house 2x Mk 1 1x mk 1.5 and now 2x mk 2... NONE have worked.

I want to like this marker, it looks sweet and feels well built, the mags are great... they are a new company and I'd like to support them, but honestly I was waiting for the MK 2 upgrade to come through and restore my faith....

There are some major quality control issues with their manufacturers, perhaps the design is solid but after both our guns went down while at the field this weekend my friend and I just laughed at the stupidity of it all and said " thanks god we bought MILSIGS"

If you are looking for a solid purpose built marker get a MILSIG, give MAXTACT / SCARAB ARMS some time to sort their manufacturing out, right now buying one of these things is very hit and miss. I wouldn't recommend this marker to anyone, hell I'd like to sell mine but I can't in good conscience list mine for sale.....

Cheers
Yes we have had our issues but what start up does not. We will get you going I am sure Milsig.ca Scarab Arms or Maxtact will get you up and running ASAP. There is not many companies that have come out and said we had some issues with the Gen 1 TGR2 and here is what we are going to do to help (offering the Gen 2 complete upper and airblock at 119.99$ pretty much making your marker a new one). I have yet to see any person having issues (except minor paintball issues) with the Gen 2 the Gen2 is a great marker you can look at any review of the gen 2 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-bR_Z1X3U8 for example) and they will all tell you its a great marker.
There will always be little issues to resolve (at the end of the day its a mechanical machine that will break) and we are always going to be here to help get them going as soon as possible.
Thank you for your comments and we will do our best to change your mind.
Maxtact Team

Welcome to the MagFed Revolution
Maxtact.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:03 AM #16
YYZballer

All issues with my tgr were corrected by maxtact.ca

Last edited by YYZballer : 12-17-2013 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Corrected issues
YYZballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:36 PM #17
Elo160

Elo160 supports Team VICIOUS
Elo160 supports Team VICIOUS
Elo160 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
what barrel do you use on your TGR2? do you use the Apex with First Strikes?

"Originally posted by "0102030405: Are you a ninja on vacation?"
Elo160 is offline   Reply With Quote