Old 11-04-2013, 09:33 PM #379
dominantgazelle
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

dominantgazelle plays in the APPA D4 division
dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
dominantgazelle supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandondeane2 View Post
I usually love the CSL/GSL type styling but I personally prefer the 3.1 over the GSL This time. I can see why people are a little upset that the CSL style tip isn't include, there is a pretty significant price increase for the "limited" features of the GSL, a few more touches such as a carbon fiber tip etc. would have made it more justifiable to some people. Nonetheless the GSL's still have the small run and some pretty serious milling going for them.
I can kind of respect eclipse not doing that though as it does protect the people who purchased CSL's from them
dominantgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2013, 10:09 PM #380
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
I usually love the CSL/GSL type styling but I personally prefer the 3.1 over the GSL This time. I can see why people are a little upset that the CSL style tip isn't include, there is a pretty significant price increase for the "limited" features of the GSL, a few more touches such as a carbon fiber tip etc. would have made it more justifiable to some people. Nonetheless the GSL's still have the small run and some pretty serious milling going for them.
a mere 300$ increase. Lets see what the 3.1 does not come with.

Lets see:
New bolt
new can
quick release
extra trigger
full barrel kit
eportal
Extra bolt

I can see 300$ value right here. like every other SL holds their value, the sl8r's are selling for 600 still, while a Ego 11's with dart kit is selling for 500.
Shortbuscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:42 AM #381
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR
Dyin's for Fools!

Annual Supporting Member
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sick gewn. If I still played, I'd rock one.
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:55 AM #382
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0ck3r_W0RR1OR View Post
Sick gewn. If I still played, I'd rock one.
why are you still on paintball forums if you dont play?
Shortbuscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:13 AM #383
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbuscrew View Post
a mere 300$ increase. Lets see what the 3.1 does not come with.

Lets see:
New bolt
new can
quick release
extra trigger
full barrel kit
eportal
Extra bolt

I can see 300$ value right here. like every other SL holds their value, the sl8r's are selling for 600 still, while a Ego 11's with dart kit is selling for 500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbuscrew View Post
why are you still on paintball forums if you dont play?
Maybe he's trying to learn how to spell...... WTF is a gewn?
Old 11-05-2013, 07:13 AM #384
MisfitKillaz
Bleedin' Green

MisfitKillaz plays in the PSP
MisfitKillaz is an NCPA player
MisfitKillaz plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
you crack me up. Every sl has built on the previous one, the sl barrel kits go sl1, sl2, sl3...They made a new barrel kit for the csl, and you don't get it with the gsl or a new sl kit that's better. you can justify it any way you want but its stupid. I get that people like this gun and I have one preordered myself but can we please stop throwing common sense out the window?
MisfitKillaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:55 AM #385
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitKillaz View Post
you crack me up. Every sl has built on the previous one, the sl barrel kits go sl1, sl2, sl3...They made a new barrel kit for the csl, and you don't get it with the gsl or a new sl kit that's better. you can justify it any way you want but its stupid. I get that people like this gun and I have one preordered myself but can we please stop throwing common sense out the window?
I believe you are missing the point.
brandondeane2 commented about the price increase between the 3.1 and GSL. They were merely pointing out that while some of it sure is mark-up for exclusivity there are additional features that also eat up the $300 price difference.
2 additional PE shaft 4 barrel backs ($50/ea) - $100
Additional 16" Front piece - $45
Additional aluminum trigger - approx $40

You are at almost $200 right there ($185 to be exact). Is it that hard to justify the last $115? Other companies mark up just that much for a different ano job or milling.
So with things like;
- quick release cap (which the 3.1 doesn't have)
- a new bolt assembly (which the 3.1 doesn't have)
- exclusive milling (which the 3.1 doesn't have)
- come with eportal kit (which the 3.1 doesn't)

plus anything else I may be leaving out, is the price difference really that hard to swallow?

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:24 AM #386
lewis314

Annual Supporting Member
lewis314 plays in the PSP
lewis314 is playing at Living Legends VII
lewis314 supports Team VICIOUS
lewis314 plays in the APPA D5 division
lewis314 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
I believe you are missing the point. brandondeane2 commented about the price increase between the 3.1 and GSL. They were merely pointing out that while some of it sure is mark-up for exclusivity there are additional features that also eat up the $300 price difference. 2 additional PE shaft 4 barrel backs ($50/ea) - $100 Additional 16" Front piece - $45 Additional aluminum trigger - approx $40 You are at almost $200 right there ($185 to be exact). Is it that hard to justify the last $115? Other companies mark up just that much for a different ano job or milling. So with things like; - quick release cap (which the 3.1 doesn't have) - a new bolt assembly (which the 3.1 doesn't have) - exclusive milling (which the 3.1 doesn't have) - come with eportal kit (which the 3.1 doesn't) plus anything else I may be leaving out, is the price difference really that hard to swallow?
you could even say color matching grips, since 3.1 comes with black grips.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:18 AM #387
Russod07

Russod07 plays in the PSP
Russod07 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Russod07 plays in the APPA beginner division
Reallyl ike this gun. I did head DLX is coming out with a new gun in Feb. Anyone else hear that?? might have to hold out for that before I make a decision
Russod07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:16 PM #388
h0m3g33

h0m3g33 is playing at Living Legends VII
h0m3g33 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
h0m3g33 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
They were merely pointing out that while some of it sure is mark-up for exclusivity there are additional features that also eat up the $300 price difference.
?
Wait $300 increase I thought the difference in price was $500?

1,850 - 1,395 = 455

Unless I missed something.

If it was $300 increase to the GSL I it would totally be worth it, but I think $450 is a bit much...
h0m3g33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:46 PM #389
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3g33 View Post
Wait $300 increase I thought the difference in price was $500? 1,850 - 1,395 = 455 Unless I missed something. If it was $300 increase to the GSL I it would totally be worth it, but I think $450 is a bit much...
You're correct. Calculating at 1495. Even though that would have been 350. But still, my error.

But the rest is still true. Almost $200 of that is what it would cost for just the full barrel kit and extra trigger

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Last edited by Soul06 : 11-05-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:38 PM #390
RyanR
accuracy by volume

RyanR is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
The price difference between geo3.1 and gsl is not worth it, IMO no gun is worth $1850.. and considering it's the same gun..

IOG
RyanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:34 PM #391
Grazi07
Armada

Grazi07 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russod07 View Post
Reallyl ike this gun. I did head DLX is coming out with a new gun in Feb. Anyone else hear that?? might have to hold out for that before I make a decision
Rumors were new OLED board that was backwards compatible, which would be consistent with their previous developments.

I've pre-ordered my 3.1 through a team already. Pretty psyched about it, but I'm sure in 18 months or so there'll be a Geo4 with the features of the GSL.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:27 PM #392
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

Annual Supporting Member
Mr. Short Pants plays in the PSP
Mr. Short Pants supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazi07 View Post
Rumors were new OLED board that was backwards compatible, which would be consistent with their previous developments.

I've pre-ordered my 3.1 through a team already. Pretty psyched about it, but I'm sure in 18 months or so there'll be a Geo4 with the features of the GSL.
It won't be a few months. The Geo 2's were released around August 2010. The 2.1 update didn't come until early 2011 and the Geo 3 wasn't released until late 2012. It's taken a year to get to the 3.1 update and I'd be very surprised if the Geo 4 comes out before the 4th event next year. I'd say we've got 9 months before we see it, and it will have the upgraded bolt, or even a different/better bolt and quick release.

I don't know anything you don't know. It just makes sense.

Last edited by Mr. Short Pants : 11-05-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Mr. Short Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:36 PM #393
Cracker_35
Saltine or Graham?

Annual Supporting Member
Cracker_35 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Cracker_35 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post
considering it's the same gun..
But it's not.
Cracker_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:51 PM #394
MisfitKillaz
Bleedin' Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker_35 View Post
But it's not.
um...
Old 11-05-2013, 10:05 PM #395
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

Annual Supporting Member
Mr. Short Pants plays in the PSP
Mr. Short Pants supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitKillaz View Post
um...
Well then let's settle this.

I know there are at least minor changes. The GSL assembly screws together which is different. Is the actual bolt piece different? If it is different, is it different enough to change the the way the gun shoots?

I've heard that the GSL's were making 9 pods and a hopper off a 68 fill, and that statement was made as if Geo3's weren't getting that efficiency. Clearly, very few guns live up to their manufacturers boasting. But it was a claim that made me believe there was a difference.

So what is it?
Mr. Short Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:11 PM #396
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I believe you are missing the point.
brandondeane2 commented about the price increase between the 3.1 and GSL. They were merely pointing out that while some of it sure is mark-up for exclusivity there are additional features that also eat up the $300 price difference.
2 additional PE shaft 4 barrel backs ($50/ea) - $100
Additional 16" Front piece - $45
Additional aluminum trigger - approx $40

You are at almost $200 right there ($185 to be exact). Is it that hard to justify the last $115? Other companies mark up just that much for a different ano job or milling.
So with things like;
- quick release cap (which the 3.1 doesn't have)
- a new bolt assembly (which the 3.1 doesn't have)
- exclusive milling (which the 3.1 doesn't have)
- come with eportal kit (which the 3.1 doesn't)

plus anything else I may be leaving out, is the price difference really that hard to swallow?
Because people dont understand. They just see the price and get all butt hurt about it because they cannot afford it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis314 View Post
you could even say color matching grips, since 3.1 comes with black grips.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3g33 View Post
Wait $300 increase I thought the difference in price was $500?

1,850 - 1,395 = 455

Unless I missed something.

If it was $300 increase to the GSL I it would totally be worth it, but I think $450 is a bit much...
Not really.... Take it further than soul did.

-Bolt; thats a upgrade. DLX charges what $100 for their drop in. So, It would be feasible to say its a $100 upgrade considering its also a quick release now
-Colored grips; $45
-Milling; figure out what one would charge for that.
-E-portal; $35
-Exclusivity; what do you value that at?
Old 11-05-2013, 10:57 PM #397
MisfitKillaz
Bleedin' Green

Quote:
Because people dont understand. They just see the price and get all butt hurt about it because they cannot afford it.
again with this. Maybe that describes some people, maybe not. I love your elitist attitude but sorry $2k isn't a lot for tons of people, especially if they already play paintball. Like I said I have one pre-ordered but that doesn't mean I have to become a zombie nut swinger and cant acknowledge things that aren't great about the gun. Its should have come with cf barrel tips, plain and simple, end of story. Ill be "butthurt" all day long over that. That being sad I do think sl's exclusivity alone starting with the 08 models makes it worth the price.

Quote:
Not really.... Take it further than soul did.

-Bolt; thats a upgrade. DLX charges what $100 for their drop in. So, It would be feasible to say its a $100 upgrade considering its also a quick release now
-Colored grips; $45
-Milling; figure out what one would charge for that.
-E-portal; $35
-Exclusivity; what do you value that at?
This isn't exactly apples to apples. When you pay dlx $100 for the extra bolt, you still keep your old one. This is just a different bolt, a new design. But its not adding much new cost when its just replacing the old one that would have been there. Minor retooling costs sure, but we're not talking an extra $100 per gun. Same with the colored grips, if you wanted a pair of black ones, it'd be an extra $45. Im sure everyone wont see it this way but when the vypor comes with green grips that don't really match the green parts that well(like it looks in the pics) I wouldn't be very happy and would have preferred black. You're dead right with the exclusivity and milling(which includes the quick release bolt).
Old 11-05-2013, 11:09 PM #398
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
Not really elitist bud. $2k isn't ****. Especially in the small realm of playing paintball, as you stated. I am willing to bet though, that 90% of the people *****ing, it is a lot of money to them and the only reason they are *****ing is because they cannot afford it.

As far as the carbon tips go? Are you still ****ing on this? What about the other SL editions that didnt get them? Should they go back and reimburse them? It was a special part of the CSL, it was for the CSL only,The end. What cannot be understood about this? Seriously. Some of you its like talking to a god damn brick wall. Oh, and what the **** are you doing ordering one if you aren't happy with it? Seems pretty ****ing ignorant to me.

Last edited by rexisme : 11-05-2013 at 11:12 PM.
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:19 AM #399
vxmaniac

vxmaniac has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Short Pants View Post
Well then let's settle this.

I know there are at least minor changes. The GSL assembly screws together which is different. Is the actual bolt piece different? If it is different, is it different enough to change the the way the gun shoots?

I've heard that the GSL's were making 9 pods and a hopper off a 68 fill, and that statement was made as if Geo3's weren't getting that efficiency. Clearly, very few guns live up to their manufacturers boasting. But it was a claim that made me believe there was a difference.

So what is it?
i beleive it was 8-9 pods and possibly a hopper off a 77 filled to 3000psi... if your going on jack woods talking about tim montressor.....

thats a decent jump in efficiency i think....
vxmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.