PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 10-23-2013, 08:26 AM #253
paint4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmflexxx View Post
I would be more upset about the absence of the "smoother, more efficient" bolt which actually affects performance than a convenience like the quick release cap.
I have to agree with this. For this reason I am going to wait till the 4 comes out, and keep using my current Eclipse markers. I really don't care about colour, barrel tips or milling. It is all about performance and reliability for me. That's why I use Eclipse to begin with.
paint4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-23-2013, 08:42 AM #254
MisfitKillaz
Bleedin' Green

MisfitKillaz plays in the PSP
MisfitKillaz is an NCPA player
MisfitKillaz plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmflexxx View Post
Fanboy I am not. Most reasonable people understand the logic and economics behind these two versions and their features. But you're right, next time Jack and Co. should come to you when deciding when/how to release their products. Frankly, following your line of reasoning I would be more upset about the absence of the "smoother, more efficient" bolt which actually affects performance than a convenience like the quick release cap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paint4 View Post
I have to agree with this. For this reason I am going to wait till the 4 comes out, and keep using my current Eclipse markers. I really don't care about colour, barrel tips or milling. It is all about performance and reliability for me. That's why I use Eclipse to begin with.
Ok, so maybe im the only one who can read, cuz I just read eclipse's website about the gsl and its features of the new bolt. I don't think it said anywhere that its smoother, actually, it says they've found a way to make it more efficient without sacrificing quality of the shot. So the "completely new" geo bolt is being advertised as just a more efficient one, and in the day of people using 70s and 77s I really couldn't care. But this is a case of you reading what you want to see on the screen. In short, its no smoother but more efficient than a geo3, which has no impact on me what-so-ever. So please, tell me again about my line of reasoning. Also my geo3 would get 9 pods and hopper off a 68 so one more pod at those numbers isn't getting me going.
MisfitKillaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:03 AM #255
specopsdeath2
ヽ༼ຈ

Annual Supporting Member
specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is an NCPA player
specopsdeath2 plays in the APPA D3 division
specopsdeath2 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitKillaz View Post
Ok, so maybe im the only one who can read, cuz I just read eclipse's website about the gsl and its features of the new bolt. I don't think it said anywhere that its smoother, actually, it says they've found a way to make it more efficient without sacrificing quality of the shot. So the "completely new" geo bolt is being advertised as just a more efficient one, and in the day of people using 70s and 77s I really couldn't care. But this is a case of you reading what you want to see on the screen. In short, its no smoother but more efficient than a geo3, which has no impact on me what-so-ever. So please, tell me again about my line of reasoning. Also my geo3 would get 9 pods and hopper off a 68 so one more pod at those numbers isn't getting me going.
You haven't read a lot of this thread then (I mean who can blame you? Lol). The reason people are saying it's smoother is due to players saying it's smoother. I'm not saying they are right, just there are some who are taking the word of these players. To me, we will see whenever it comes out.
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
specopsdeath2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:05 AM #256
paint4

I didn't say I was against what you said, I just said I agree with what he said about a better bolt or performance change in the 3.1 or otherwise I am not interested and will wait till the 4. In fact if the only difference on the 3.1 is the grips and gas line, why just not add everything and come out with the 4 and all the improvements.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:08 AM #257
paint4

Though I have to admit from reading the info at ANS gear on the GSL it does look like a lot of upgrades other than just milling and extra barrel tips. It seems pretty tempting, but I am assuming the 4 will have all that minus the milling and the barrel tips and other flashy extras.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:11 AM #258
D_Hawkes44
SL94 and Titan Etek 4 LT

Honestly the fact that anyone complains that paintball markers made in the last 2 years have "too much kick" are a bit ridiculous to me. If you can't control a marker to stay on target while shooting 12.5bps go grab a semi auto .223 rifle and pull re trigger as fast as you can and try to stay on target. Then pick your marker up and like magic the recoil is virtually non existent!!!! The only reason I would get a GSL over a 3.1 is to get the SL just cuz it's an SL. I like the rarity and the pure color is ridiculously amazing!!!! They are all still great guns so pick your favorite and go paint faces!!!!
MILEHIGH OUTLAWS #1144

100%+

BST a BLACK and BLUE '06 Dark Ego w/ Maniac Board

Blitz Paintball
D_Hawkes44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:14 AM #259
MisfitKillaz
Bleedin' Green

MisfitKillaz plays in the PSP
MisfitKillaz is an NCPA player
MisfitKillaz plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by paint4 View Post
I didn't say I was against what you said, I just said I agree with what he said about a better bolt or performance change in the 3.1 or otherwise I am not interested and will wait till the 4. In fact if the only difference on the 3.1 is the grips and gas line, why just not add everything and come out with the 4 and all the improvements.
perfect question that sums up my annoyance with the 3.1 release. Its just a time-filling model to make a dollar from a company that said they wouldn't do that anymore. Just to see everyone praise them for that, then not even mention it when PE boldy slap everyone in the face with a new one makes me laugh.
MisfitKillaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:41 AM #260
Squattingdog
STRAIGHT UP OG

Annual Supporting Member
Squattingdog is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Hawkes44 View Post
Honestly the fact that anyone complains that paintball markers made in the last 2 years have "too much kick" are a bit ridiculous to me. If you can't control a marker to stay on target while shooting 12.5bps go grab a semi auto .223 rifle and pull re trigger as fast as you can and try to stay on target. Then pick your marker up and like magic the recoil is virtually non existent!!!! The only reason I would get a GSL over a 3.1 is to get the SL just cuz it's an SL. I like the rarity and the pure color is ridiculously amazing!!!! They are all still great guns so pick your favorite and go paint faces!!!!
When technology has advance paintball markers to the point of near perfection, people are going to be concerned about the most minute aspects of a marker these days because perfection is demanded at $1,300+ asking prices. So yes a marker having too much kick or elimnating kick is completely valid.

By the way comparing a firearm to a paintball gun is ridiculous kick or not.
Squattingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:58 AM #261
NuNuNewsome

NuNuNewsome owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NuNuNewsome owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
NuNuNewsome plays in the APPA D4 division
NuNuNewsome supports DLX Technology
I just wish the preorders would start so I can place one and then will have no need to check back on this thread as much
NuNuNewsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:19 AM #262
1ofakind
1 0 A K

1ofakind owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
1ofakind plays in the APPA D5 division
1ofakind has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
1ofakind supports DLX Technology
I know this thread is all about the Geo 3.1

But I noticed in the pictures, to the right of the Geo 3.1 it says EGO….

Is there a new Ego that is releasing as well? I'm more of a pop-it guy, so i'm just curious.

anybody?

GLXY 2014
Proudly Sponsored By: Critical Paintball || CC Paintball || Time 2 Paintball || Stay Gold || Pangea LE
1ofakind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:33 AM #263
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofakind View Post
I know this thread is all about the Geo 3.1 But I noticed in the pictures, to the right of the Geo 3.1 it says EGO…. Is there a new Ego that is releasing as well? I'm more of a pop-it guy, so i'm just curious. anybody?
Thats the current LV1 you are seeing

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:45 AM #264
D_Hawkes44
SL94 and Titan Etek 4 LT

Kinda off topic but they could call it a slave SLLV haha kryotonice 3.1 is the tits
MILEHIGH OUTLAWS #1144

100%+

Blitz Paintball
Old 10-23-2013, 01:07 PM #265
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D4 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
Quote:
The rep on the webcast said only 300 would be available for sale in the US. I'm pretty sure those will get eaten up with or without the release of the 3.1
Ive been hearing conflicting numbers since word spread on the GSL.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
***ONE OF A KIND G6R***
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:59 PM #266
sib9397
"Big D"

sib9397 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
sib9397 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sib9397 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Honestly, I do not get the point of this gun. The LV1 is already as smooth as it gets, and it is more air efficient. I would buy that first any day. I'm not going to say I'm disappointed, I just wouldn't buy it myself.
sib9397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:15 PM #267
D_Hawkes44
SL94 and Titan Etek 4 LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sib9397 View Post
Honestly, I do not get the point of this gun. The LV1 is already as smooth as it gets, and it is more air efficient. I would buy that first any day. I'm not going to say I'm disappointed, I just wouldn't buy it myself.
Some people don't like the look of a stack tube marker and you have less chance of getting dirt in your firing chamber with a spool. That appeals to snake players that almost kiss the dirt making their bunkers.

As for the GSL I heard the or rep say 300 for sale on the US. That's the number the PE REP threw out so if imagine it's pretty accurate. Also if you think they will provably also sell 300 in the UK and then 150 for teams and employees and other special people.
MILEHIGH OUTLAWS #1144

100%+

Blitz Paintball
Old 10-23-2013, 03:31 PM #268
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Some people don't like the look of a stack tube marker and you have less chance of getting dirt in your firing chamber with a spool. That appeals to snake players that almost kiss the dirt making their bunkers.

As for the GSL I heard the or rep say 300 for sale on the US. That's the number the PE REP threw out so if imagine it's pretty accurate. Also if you think they will provably also sell 300 in the UK and then 150 for teams and employees and other special people.
Pro teams tend not to shoot SL markers that often it seems. You didn't see many shooting the SLS or CSL. Now that could change as many seem to prefer to shoot poppets. Guess we will see

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:36 PM #269
xsvballer101
Grasshopper

LV GEO? lol
xsvballer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:15 PM #270
Hey there bro
www.DMBpaintball.com

Annual Supporting Member
Hey there bro is BST Legit
Hey there bro owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Hey there bro owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsvballer101 View Post
LV GEO? lol
there already is one, the gsl
Hey there bro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:40 PM #271
paintking22
(◣_◢)

paintking22 plays in the PSP
paintking22 supports Team VICIOUS
paintking22 plays in the APPA D4 division
paintking22 is Legendary
paintking22 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrybg View Post
I think it's brilliant. Release info about the GSL. People want it but dont want to pay the price. Right after release the Geo 3.1 those that want an extremely silimar marker can now pay a cheaper price.

Result: Profit
Except for the people who bought dm14's because they didn't want to pay the price.

LUXE MOB
paintking22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:41 PM #272
vxmaniac

vxmaniac has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitKillaz View Post
greenspan and a few other pros/techs/shop workers have mentioned smoother and quieter than the 3...

now whether they are saying that because of sponsorship requirements or reality is up to the viewer

BUT lurker did mention "It certainly looks as though Jack's affected some change to the air delivery - flow through ports should significantly change the pressure rise time compared to the "DUMP" of previous geos - much more of a muted sound signature, like a shocker or Luxe."

and he is usually right.... so smoother and quiter is potentially possible with the redesign of the drivetrain
vxmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:04 PM #273
Slyvest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
It's not about being a rocket scientist. It's pretty simple to understand, yet most aren't.

Besides, you can't even handle the simple task of quoting properly. I can see how you wouldn't understand. Case and F'n point.
Actually I was saying what I had heard from another source. I haven't read the previous 10 pages. I'm sorry I don't spend my life on a forum being a Internet tough guy. Get a life! I would love to see you mouth off to my face. also It's not my fault the quote button didn't work J.o.
Slyvest is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.