Old 10-24-2013, 12:26 PM #64
Killer Carton
Give'm Welts

Annual Supporting Member
Killer Carton has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Killer Carton has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Well that's sorted it then, I will make a tip that is as slim and low profile and as plane as possible.

I will even offer people the option to give input on how it looks or to design it!

With my own CNC lathes it makes it possible for me to do more stuff like that and I like the idea of providing custom options.

Did I mention that I will also provide the barrel in raw but polished form for those guys that are going to anno their guns and want to do a matching barrel system without stripping a current barrel and potentially degrading the bore finish?

Thanks a ton Simon now shut up and take my money!!!

No but seriously, where and when can we start placing orders?
Killer Carton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2013, 04:46 PM #65
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
Simon is a Mega Moderator
Simon is a founding member
Simon works for a Paintball manufacturer
Simon is playing at Living Legends VII
Simon supports Team VICIOUS
The samples I had at cup were literally my first production samples that were done on the Friday when I left for Cup on the Saturday

I am working on getting them out as soon as possible. I need to make a few small tweaks to the o-ring fits and then get production running.

My goal is 6 weeks for my dealers to be able to sell them to people. I am working every hour I am awake to get these and my body kits out, and to bring you more cool stuff.

I am so excited about what Inception along with others in the custom community are going to be doing in the coming months. Soo much fun stuff!
Simon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:49 PM #66
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
The samples I had at cup were literally my first production samples that were done on the Friday when I left for Cup on the Saturday

I am working on getting them out as soon as possible. I need to make a few small tweaks to the o-ring fits and then get production running.

My goal is 6 weeks for my dealers to be able to sell them to people. I am working every hour I am awake to get these and my body kits out, and to bring you more cool stuff.

I am so excited about what Inception along with others in the custom community are going to be doing in the coming months. Soo much fun stuff!
Just in time for X-Mas. Yipee!

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:16 PM #67
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Very, very nice. I'm digging the options.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:35 PM #68
SpanksIPB

SpanksIPB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SpanksIPB owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Simon its nice to see some see some one who once very involved in "Big Business" paintball talking about doing custom anything. The stuff you and the others at Inception Designs are doing is something we haven't seen in many years and is something paintball has been lacking, to me it seems more like an old school airsmithing shop just with better toys. While Simon Stevens adds a level of extreme credibility to Inception Designs I can only assume there are many others that are making important contributions to Inception that we don't hear about, or maybe you just are that good Simon. As for the barrel I run the Lapco Fuse and its the standard by which I weigh all other barrels and I'll have to try to check one out at Boss Paintball Products when he receives them to compare it to my Lapco. I can only assume that the finish on the barrel will far exceed the quality of the finish on my Empire Resurrection barrel kit that your resembles(I wonder why...) that I find to be inferior to my lapco. I think pricing will be the key to successes, while this is no doubt a premium product even my beloved Lapco Fuse has price tag that makes me go "Damn thats pricey for what you get". I can't wait to see this product in person and get sense of what it truly is.
SpanksIPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:02 PM #69
7paintball
Service at its best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
Very, very nice. I'm digging the options.
Can't wait to get these in stock!
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:29 PM #70
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
OK Guys, I am working on the other tip designs. So if I make a tip that is a slim as possible, would you want it smooth or would you want it knurled like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanksIPB View Post
Simon its nice to see some see some one who once very involved in "Big Business" paintball talking about doing custom anything. The stuff you and the others at Inception Designs are doing is something we haven't seen in many years and is something paintball has been lacking, to me it seems more like an old school airsmithing shop just with better toys. While Simon Stevens adds a level of extreme credibility to Inception Designs I can only assume there are many others that are making important contributions to Inception that we don't hear about, or maybe you just are that good Simon. As for the barrel I run the Lapco Fuse and its the standard by which I weigh all other barrels and I'll have to try to check one out at Boss Paintball Products when he receives them to compare it to my Lapco. I can only assume that the finish on the barrel will far exceed the quality of the finish on my Empire Resurrection barrel kit that your resembles(I wonder why...) that I find to be inferior to my lapco. I think pricing will be the key to successes, while this is no doubt a premium product even my beloved Lapco Fuse has price tag that makes me go "Damn thats pricey for what you get". I can't wait to see this product in person and get sense of what it truly is.
Err it's just me. I'm rapidly getting to the point where I need more people but can't afford it until I get more products out and moving so until then it's me and 14+ hour days, and a few friends I contract in to do things I can't (web design and graphics). every one of those hours with a smile on my face though as I am doing what I love.

I designed the Sniper Barrel system back when we were about to release the Axe for the Pro teams. It took into account all of my learning to make the best tournament barrel I could at that time. That was maybe 3-4 years ago now?

To think that we haven't done any learning on barrel designs since barrels that were designed and made 10+ years ago and can't improve upon them is strange to me.

Now I designed the Stella Barrel system to be the BEST barrel I could for all situations and it takes in even more learning and thoughts that I have had since I did the Sniper Barrel system. (The parts are not compatible though)

Much of that to do with making a versatile and VERY quiet barrel.

Since making the TM15 with the integrated baffle system I have been quite obsessed with making as quiet a barrel as I can, and feel this is an advantage not just in the woods but also on the speedball field where your position is often given away by the sound of your shooting.

Then I added some features to make it more versatile, to make it easy to remove when it gets tightened onto my cockers or pump guns a little too much, and so that I can offer longer barrel options conveniently and affordably or to add rain covers or Apex tips or different style end tips or anything else we may come up with (such as the camera mount and I will add a cup holder just for giggles ).

Taking all of that into account, and my goals of efficiency, consistency and being as gentle on paint (via barrel design AND how the barrel allows you to set up your gun) I have come to the result that is the Stella Barrel System and I am VERY happy with it and I can't wait to share it with everyone else, although as usual it is probably going to annoy me just a little when people shoot me with it. Especially if I can't tell where from. lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stella knurled tip.jpg (74.6 KB, 315 views)
Old 10-25-2013, 01:37 PM #71
B3ARC1AW

I think the knurled texture would definitely help in taking it off off if you want to switch tips. Smooth tips that small would be difficult to unscrew during the day I think, especially with paint on both your hands and the barrel tip.

FOR SALE SHORTLY: LV1, VIS, Rotor, Spire, 68/4500 Dura, Soft Gear
B3ARC1AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:49 PM #72
sumorai
FRENCHIE

Annual Supporting Member
sumorai is a Supporting Member
sumorai plays in the PSP
sumorai is playing at Living Legends VII
sumorai supports our troops
sumorai has perfected Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Smooth.

It'd be really funny if you did some blunderbuss tips.

I am not a MacDev tech. Please do not PM me about their products. Click here instead
sumorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:58 PM #73
7paintball
Service at its best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
Smooth.

It'd be really funny if you did some blunderbuss tips.

Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:31 PM #74
dragtheOne
Back on the Grind

Annual Supporting Member
dragtheOne is a Supporting Member
dragtheOne plays in the PSP
dragtheOne is Legendary
dragtheOne supports Empire
interesting stuff. nice to see actual changes in a barrel design
dragtheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:17 PM #75
Sogamember666
This is not an Exit

Sogamember666 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sogamember666 supports Team VICIOUS
Sogamember666 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sogamember666 supports our troops
Sogamember666 is Legendary
Blunderbuss tips would be awesome.

Knurled tips are awesome too.

Smooth tips with a flat surface for a plastic wrench would be awesome 3rd.

A tip that accepts an Apex 2 would be awesome 4th.
Sogamember666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:21 PM #76
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
Safety tip? For dry firing or to replace a condom.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:36 PM #77
paxfounder

paxfounder posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverlip View Post
Neat idea.

The idea of the barrel is very interesting. Although personally am not a huge fan of the mill design. The tips with the porting that go right on top of threads is strange.

With the back section of the barrel...would the idea of having a hex shape be considered? Or perhaps try to tie in the look you have going with the cocker and AXE bodies you are making? I am really digging the sharp edges.
paxfounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:08 PM #78
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverlip View Post
Gabe (Sumorai) and I were discussing that earlier. It's something to think about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfounder View Post
The idea of the barrel is very interesting. Although personally am not a huge fan of the mill design. The tips with the porting that go right on top of threads is strange.
There is no porting over the threads on any of the tips. The threaded area on the tips is smooth in all cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfounder View Post
With the back section of the barrel...would the idea of having a hex shape be considered? Or perhaps try to tie in the look you have going with the cocker and AXE bodies you are making? I am really digging the sharp edges.
There are going to be very small quantities of those custom gun bodies made, but I hope a lot more people using this barrel than that.

I wouldn't want to make the barrel match what may be less than a few hundred custom gun bodies and not work with hundreds of thousands of guns on the market.

It's tough coming up with a generic design that works for all cases. A lot of my designs tend to be form follows function.

The cuts on the back section of the barrel are to help you get a grip of it with paint on your hands and get it off when needed. This comes directly after having my hands slip round other barrels I have designed.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:12 PM #79
blueshifty

Simon, what is the purpose of the large holes in the control bore?
Old 10-25-2013, 05:22 PM #80
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Simon, what is the purpose of the large holes in the control bore?
To put a wrench through to help get the barrel off it is gets stuck on a pump gun or autococker.

And to release some of the excess pressure from behind the ball while the ball is still in the control bore.

At the point it clears that hole (which is at 7.5") from the back, the ball is almost out of the 8" control bore but should just be still sealing it for a fraction of a second (as long as you have a slight underbore).

That gas releases into the front and then more slowly comes out of the smaller barrel porting in the rear section of the front. The intent is to help slow the gas velocity and make the barrel quieter (same thing most well designed porting does).

In conjunction with using the smallest bore front section you can, the difference in sound signature over more common barrels like the Superfreak and Dye ultralight is very significant.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:41 PM #81
jasonv
Marker Tech

jasonv owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
jasonv has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jasonv has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
jasonv has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
jasonv supports Empire
I can't wait to get this!
jasonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:24 PM #82
blueshifty

Are they all 3-piece or will you make some 14" 2 piece?
Old 10-25-2013, 10:51 PM #83
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Are they all 3-piece or will you make some 14" 2 piece?
It will all be the three piece design. Although a barrel back and front section together makes a full 14" barrel and will work perfectly fine without the tip piece. The 14" tip screws on backwards, overlapping the end of the front section, and is really just a cosmetic piece. It doesn't add any length other than the lip that stops it screwing on too far. It's more like a thread cover than the 16" tip which is actually another 2" of 0.700" bore.

I have an 18" tip designed too. Not sure how much interest there will be for that but I love it on my pumps
Old 10-25-2013, 11:48 PM #84
L3GIT Meyham

Simon awesome cup for you my man. It's Jake, we worked together at NPS. I'm the one working onto the axe grips. I would love to talk to you about a project. Serious project. I thought of you first. Your vision for future paintball products is crucial. You seam to truly understand the paintballers wants and needs. You also have the knowledge and skills to get things done. If you are interested please pm me.
Thanks
Keep up all the hard but good work we all appreciate it.
J4 Paintball/marketing campaign & logo design

CBC (Christian Ballers Club)
EKK elite
L3GIT Meyham is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.