Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-25-2013, 11:29 AM #316
Splatkid10

Not to be a killjoy - but if one wins simply by picking only the winning team members, doesn't that go against the concept of fantasy teams? In fantasy you are picking a team based on how individual players will perform. Not if they play more matches. In fantasy football the "season" is over before actual playoffs begin. Perhaps in fantasy paintball the rules should restrict fantasy players to only receive points in prelim matches...and the same argument could be made for the season stats. Better teams will provide players of equal skill levels the opportunity for more kills, points played, etc. This inflates their rankings. Damian Ryan stayed near the top this year because he still played relegation games almost every event. If infamous didn't play those extra 3-4 matches would he of been in that position?

Something to think about as the stats head into their third season and fantasy paintball comes about. Would really like to hear the powers that be opinion on why Sunday matches should count towards stats and fantasy.
Splatkid10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2013, 01:06 PM #317
DravenTheShocker
J-Ting

DravenTheShocker is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
DravenTheShocker plays in the PSP
DravenTheShocker supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatkid10 View Post
Not to be a killjoy - but if one wins simply by picking only the winning team members, doesn't that go against the concept of fantasy teams? In fantasy you are picking a team based on how individual players will perform. Not if they play more matches. In fantasy football the "season" is over before actual playoffs begin. Perhaps in fantasy paintball the rules should restrict fantasy players to only receive points in prelim matches...and the same argument could be made for the season stats. Better teams will provide players of equal skill levels the opportunity for more kills, points played, etc. This inflates their rankings. Damian Ryan stayed near the top this year because he still played relegation games almost every event. If infamous didn't play those extra 3-4 matches would he of been in that position?

Something to think about as the stats head into their third season and fantasy paintball comes about. Would really like to hear the powers that be opinion on why Sunday matches should count towards stats and fantasy.
This was a discussion among my fantasy pool. I thought relegation games counted before re-reading the rules after I'd made my picks.

More on your point, one could argue that looking at a team's history for total points played at an event gives that much more opportunity for kills, and gives a greater advantage to choosing players on teams that don't tend to dominate at 7-1s, but maybe win with 7-5s or 7-6s. 13 points gives one match the possibility for 6500 points in kills alone where a 7-1 only gives 4000, etc. Close games end up being stats-padders.
DravenTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:27 PM #318
dymium
Joe R.

Annual Supporting Member
dymium is a Moderator
dymium is a Supporting Member
dymium plays in the PSP
dymium is an NCPA player
dymium plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesters22 View Post
that would be a good thing to have, we have the salary list, the leader board. now lets have the list of all the fantasy players. and how much points they earned or were deducted.

for next year's fantasy reasons
Ask and ye shall receive:
http://www.paintballaccess.com/fantasy/performers/

The highest producing players by raw numbers were Archie, Damian Ryan, Grayson, and Fedorov. The rest of the 6000+ point club included Solnyshkov and Scott Kemp.

The best over-producing players by percentage were from Aftershock and X-Factor, making up 8 of the top 10 over-performers by percentage.

Joe
dymium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:55 PM #319
txfire01

txfire01 is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
Is your APPA account contact info correct? If so someone will reach out to you mid next week.

Nice picks, btw. I should have spent more cash.

Thanks,
Chris
It's all correct now. Nice picks yourself, haha! Thanks!
txfire01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:43 PM #320
txfire01

txfire01 is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
Is your APPA account contact info correct? If so someone will reach out to you mid next week.

Nice picks, btw. I should have spent more cash.

Thanks,
Chris
Hey Chris,

Not trying to be a pain but just checking in about this? Still haven't heard anything. I would PM ya if I could.

Thanks,
Ryan
txfire01 is offline   Reply With Quote