Old 10-09-2013, 10:47 PM #1
Wicked Game

Annual Supporting Member
Wicked Game is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Wicked Game donated to help Peyton Trent
Wicked Game has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wicked Game has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
What gets Mag Players to a scenario event?

I have never played a whole day with a mag fed rig. That said, I don't know a whole lot about what makes an event friendly to the typical mag fed player.

What are the "dos" and "don'ts" for getting the local mag fed community out to a scenario event?
Team Lockdown Staff

High end paint sampler! Ultra Evil, Anachy, Fyre
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3689256
Wicked Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2013, 11:44 PM #2
splatthetick

You gotta do an Outlaws and Lawdogs style pump/pistol/magfed game! You get more bodies if you include pumpers! FS rounds are iffy with small numbers! Good luck bruddah! The first one we ran had 8-10 peeps...#5 we capped at 50...our field is not huge...aloha
splatthetick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:58 AM #3
Nahib_Stilgar

^ Yup.

Finding enough magfed only players in the same area to play in a magfed scenario is really hard.

It is far more beneficial to open the game up to pump, pistol, tac caps, 50rnd hoppers, stickfeed and make the game a Limited Paint game. This brings in more players but keeps the same game feel as magfed.
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:27 AM #4
Fieldpeice
That Paintball Complexion

Fieldpeice has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fieldpeice has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Close quarters combat more inside buildings I love to take out each floor. Door by door.
Fieldpeice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:33 AM #5
sambob117
aka Salmon

sambob117 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 supports Empire
It might more enticing for mag fed players to play an event where the fire rate is limited, especially if they are new to mag fed and would be intimidated by guys rocking at 12+ bps; Tho players used to their equip will be more confident.
Giving mag fed players the option to use first strikes as designated "snipers" is also a fun option. Grouping the mag fed players together for tactical drops is also a fun experience.

In the long run if the cost is right and the scenario is a good design any magfed player who wants to be in a scenario game should want to go regardless of any perks

Last edited by sambob117 : 10-10-2013 at 07:35 AM.
sambob117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:18 PM #6
Punisher068

I was actually surprised at the number of magfed players at your last event,seemed there were about 1/4 or more players there running magfed only.
Considering it still newer to paintball and I'd be surprised if 10 percent of all players have even tried magfed.It's still a niche market,similar to stock class without the long history to back it up.
Allowing FS at you events give magfed players a tactical advantage,range over ROF will help.Current fields are setup for standard paintball range with bunkers placed accordingly.I found some real great FS shooting lanes at the last venue.
Managed to get 4 confirmed hits and 2 potentials with less than 40 rounds with my Hammer 7 there.
Virus has just completed his First Strike magfed Automag,it will be making its first field test at Red Dawn
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:13 PM #7
Reloadro
Phantom Lords

stock class, pistol guys, and magfed players tend to make for a nice game. if necessary add some pumpers with a 50-rd hopper limit. i consider adding semi-auto players with tac caps as a last resort.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:20 PM #8
Raibead
FTP

A big one is no space guns! its not fair if you have guys shooting 200rd hoppers at guys with 20rd mags. another is good objectives. The type of field is also important, dont have a mag fed event at an inflatable field.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:03 PM #9
Nahib_Stilgar

^ it's not the guns it is the hoppers.

Put a 50rnd hopper or stickfeed on an electro and it is just as limited as a mag fed gun. Even more so if you use a 50rnd hopper, they shoot to fast for the paint to feed.

The guns are less important than the amount of paint accessible to the gun.
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:58 PM #10
Wicked Game

Annual Supporting Member
Wicked Game is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Wicked Game donated to help Peyton Trent
Wicked Game has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wicked Game has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raibead View Post
A big one is no space guns! its not fair if you have guys shooting 200rd hoppers at guys with 20rd mags. another is good objectives. The type of field is also important, dont have a mag fed event at an inflatable field.
I don't know about that. I have played several scenario games with a stock class pump.

My hope is to make our events as friendly as possible to mag players without limits on other players gear. It looks like the first strikes were well recieved.
Team Lockdown Staff

High end paint sampler! Ultra Evil, Anachy, Fyre
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3689256
Wicked Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:03 PM #11
Blind Eye

^ These guys are right. All you do is limit the hopper size or amount you can carry on you each game.

The guy in charge of the US marketing for Milsig hosted a magfed only event at Red Fox Games over the summer. There was a pretty decent turnout and I think if people could/would actually get out there and play in some magfed only games they would really like it. The problem is magfed only events are like trying to find a mythical unicorn unless you live in Canada and go to CQB.

I think magfed would really appeal to a larger variety of people. Such as people who don't want to get involved in an expensive hobby that will drain more an more $ everytime they do it. Magfed (+ magfed events) helps cut the cost that "normal" PB will cost you by a fairly large margin.
Blind Eye is offline   Reply With Quote