Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2013, 05:20 PM #274
Nick Brockdorff
 
 
Nick Brockdorff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Nick Brockdorff posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan@CPX View Post
Again..... You people have
No clue
That made me laugh
__________________
I'm brilliant!....... and modest

Nick Brockdorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2013, 05:21 PM #275
Nokia6618
 
 
Nokia6618's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Annual Supporting Member
Nokia6618 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitKillaz View Post
lol ive read your posts, that was sarcasm.
Lol sorry
Nokia6618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:25 PM #276
Nick Brockdorff
 
 
Nick Brockdorff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Nick Brockdorff posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGANxKILLSxSUCKAS View Post
Oh, Rhael is being a ****ing moron? Big shocker there. Dude is a **** stain on the face of paintball.
That's taking it too far

Despite him being almost as pigheaded in arguments as me, sometimes having views that are more theoretical than practical (read: "plain wrong"), and having a tendency to insult people he is debating in a roundabout way that makes it seem like an honest mistake..... he HAS done a lot for the sport... the NCPA is an awesome organisation, which will do wonders for the sport in years to come.
__________________
I'm brilliant!....... and modest

Nick Brockdorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:27 PM #277
Trevor the great
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
As things stand right now, the Ton Tons are not attending the PSP World Cup. They don't even have plane tickets yet. We just heard it from one of the other PSP Pro teams as well as Matty and even the team itself.

This likely means they likely won't be invited back for 2014 for either of the Pro divisions. However, I am not aware of any rule which details what happens if a team misses a single event. The general thinking is that the team forfeits their locked Pro spot but again, I am personally unaware of any rule that spells this out.

We'll add more soon as soon as either side wants an official comment posted. In the meantime, we honestly hope the Ton Tons find the means to get it done and actually come and redeem themselves.
one of you guys are lying. chris said your oring was 100% fine, and you say the opposite. you two should fight the next time you see each other. let everyone know when, so we can try to schedule it on the webcast
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:31 PM #278
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.
 
John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: STL
Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Who are you talking to?
__________________
Your questions are answered in the PbNation FAQ. Ask a Mod.
We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:35 PM #279
noltnermd03
(((O)))
 
noltnermd03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 608
noltnermd03 is an NCPA player
How could they have intentionally shot hot when it was only the first few shots? Clearly this is reg creep, or even first shot drop off.

Mad respect to these french guys. They have always been honorable players, and I wish them the best of luck.
noltnermd03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:49 PM #280
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome
 
Paint_hore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Good to read the Ton Ton comments which reinforce what I thought in the first place.

These guys arent quitters, they have been around a very long time.
__________________


Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:15 PM #281
pmflexxx
You best not miss
 
pmflexxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MoCo, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
There was nothing wrong with any oring. I know because I was there and personally held the equipment, including the regulator assembly, and personally talked to the tech.

Now, if you want to claim that a team with perfectly functional orings and that had guns shooting 350, 320, 320 and 307 did so entirely on accident, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
To the best of my knowledge Chris has never said that there were no reg issues. He just said that it wasn't an o-ring.
I took his argument that there was nothing wrong with any o-rings (the cause of the hot guns according to the TonTons), his omission of a possible reg seat failure and his implication that four markers over 300 wasn't an accident to mean he sees this as deliberate cheating. That's not what the PSP has put in their statements. However, going back I do see that Lane initially said "That doesn't mean it was just simply a accidental mistake however."

IMO, if the techs found the guns to be bone stock save for a worn component, the TonTons can legitimately claim for this to have been an accident as it appears they're doing. If the techs found the guns to be modified/deliberately damaged or couldn't explain the hot shots (hidden mode/peculiar behavior before points?) than the intent was to cheat.

Regardless of the outcome, my point stands that this whole incident and all findings should get clarified publicly. While there will always be conspiracy theories, transparency here will be best.

I agree that a disconnect exists between the refs and the webcast and hope they can resolve that in future webcasts similar to how the NFL does for penalties (after the fact, not necessarily mid-point). Again, transparency...
pmflexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:33 PM #282
J03LT3H
Team Capital Offense
 
J03LT3H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: VA
J03LT3H owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
J03LT3H owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
J03LT3H owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
J03LT3H supports Pev's Paintball
Still a major bummer seeing the TonTons not being able to play. They were sick back in the day, and I was really excited to see them back on the American circuit.
__________________
Signature
J03LT3H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:39 PM #283
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.
 
John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: STL
Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Quote:
Originally Posted by J03LT3H View Post
Still a major bummer seeing the TonTons not being able to play. They were sick back in the day, and I was really excited to see them back on the American circuit.
Back in the day? This was possibly their best season ever. They were on fire.
__________________
Your questions are answered in the PbNation FAQ. Ask a Mod.
We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:40 PM #284
bctom1776
UWL and PSP General Manager
 
bctom1776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chris Raehl does not work for the PSP! He supplies the PSP with a service. His opinions are his own and do not reflect the opinions of the PSP. If you want to argue on the internet with Chris or the guy that cleans the Porta Potties at the event that is your concern but please do not drag the PSP into it.

The PSP has made a statement about the incident and the action that was taken. We will keep all discussions about how we will move forward between us and the TonTons.

Tom Cole
General Manager PSP
bctom1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:56 PM #285
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG
LIKE LIGHTNING
 
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Metairie, Louisiana
Annual Supporting Member
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG is BST Legit
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG supports Empire
I love how Voulot came in and shut Raehl up!!

Then Tom Cole disowned him.

Ive seen Raehl's post on this topic, and several others, I have never said anything before about it, but he can be disrespectful and unprofesional. He comes off with a tone of " My way, or the Highway".
__________________
UNITED STATES ARMY
2nd AMENDMENT
BREW SCARACK
HKARMY
EKK
SHIFT PROGRAM
SPEKTA 2 LV1
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:11 PM #286
paramedic18
Shortcake!
 
paramedic18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fishers, Indiana
paramedic18 is a Paintball photographer
paramedic18 is playing at Living Legends VI
paramedic18 is playing at Living Legends VII
paramedic18 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCrU3LtYx View Post
this thread is turning into this ...

I wish i could thumbs up this post. Reading through it it certainly looks like it.

As a non-tourney player looking in on this, here's my views (everyones got one just like an arsehole)

1: if it was truly a gun malfunction (which I am inclined to believe based upon all that i've read thus far, it seems like the most logical), then the PSP's reaction was slightly heavy handed. I'm not saying penalties shouldn't have been assessed however the severity of the penalties leaves me to question this:
1a: Is the PSP trying to make an example out of the TonTon's because they are not a "home grown" team or is the PSP just trying to save face?

2: Now I wasn't there for the event, so I can't speak as to what happened, nor can I speak for the tear down of the marker with the official tech, however in the future, I think it may be prudent if issues like this arise again, that some kind of video/audio evidence is made so as to eliminate this needless bickering back and forth of who said what from where and when. Sure, we minion's out in the world probably don't need to know all of the details, however, having an official video/audio recording of the tear down and review could help disspell any of the rumors, hatefulness, bitterness, DRAMA.

3: It's really sad to see a team like the TonTon's not compete. I got to watch them at the PSP Chicago event, and they all seemed to play their hearts out and play fairly. As a critic of tourney ball because of the rampant cheating, I took a skeptical eye to the Chicago event because I figured everyone was going to be a worthless dirtbag cheater. However I have since learned that there are some really great stand up players on the tourney side of the sport, including the TonTon's.

Do I believe they would intentionally turn their guns up to a point that it could seriously injure a fellow player? No, not for a minute, nor do I know of ANY serious player who would do so. Do I believe they turned their guns up to the highest possible FPS without breaking the rule? Yes. Do I believe that they likely checked their markers throughout the day to stay as close to that line as possible? Yes.

4: As I will likely be banned from APPA and PSP for this, oh well, however, Chris I understand that you are a popular person in the tourney scene, however sometimes it's best to just take the high road and not get dragged down into the mud. If you have witnessed what you say you have witnessed and others want to doubt you, then fine, let them be the doubters as you know what you saw and heard, however, if you are out there, spewing lies or twisting the truth, then shame on you. This is not the behavior that is expected of someone who is in charge of a business/organization/etc.

To Tom Cole, I appreciate you allowing me to see the PSP chicago event and I commend you for attempting to take the high road as much as possible, but as I stated above, I believe your punishment as handed down to the TonTon's was a bit extreme. Yes punishment is needed for failure to maintain their guns, but such severe actions? If you have any official reports from the tech(s) that looked at the guns, then it might be well to release that official statement/report to finally put to bed alot of this needless and useless bickering. I commend you for taking player safety seriously and looking into the matter, but I feel a little more transparency would help keep these e-peen pissing contests to a minimum as people would be able to see things in black and white for what they were or really occurred. I hope the PSP as an organization has learned from these events and are looking to improve themselves as they move forward.

5: to the TonTon's. You guys played very well both in practice as well as on the field. If anything you should be proud for playing your hearts out and giving other teams a very hard run for their money. Yes it sucks that people will talk trash about you, however, that is the country we live in. A phrase I live by:

Let your haters be your motivators.

Keep playing your hearts out, keep playing honestly and fairly, and if you ever need spare o-rings, look me up! Seriously though, I do hope that you guys will return to the US Paintball scene in the future and I wish you guys all the best in your future endeavors.

Now these are just mindless and pointless views of a person who doesn't even play on the tourney side of things, but hey, sometimes having an outside view into the things can help the sides come together.

Now.. can we move on from this pointless bickering and figure out who's buying me a new paintball marker already damn it?!
__________________
Paintball Indiana, Central Indiana's best rec field

Paintcheck Photography in Co-operating with RSHMedia, Covering the Indiana region for scenario, tourny, and rec play.
paramedic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:16 PM #287
ShadowFiend
pH Squared Clothing
 
ShadowFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vermont
 has been a member for 10 years
ShadowFiend plays in the APPA D5 division
Should I put my pitch fork down Paramedic??

TonTons are a top level team internationally and for anything other than a peaceful resolution to what was clearly a mistake would be a disgrace.

Chris' inflammatory remarks should be taken with a grain of salt just like they always have, mostly because in this case he is wrong, but more so because of what Tom Cole just threw down.
__________________
Play for fun or don't play at all.

Practice Hard, Play Harder
pH Squared Clothing
ShadowFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:28 PM #288
paramedic18
Shortcake!
 
paramedic18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fishers, Indiana
paramedic18 is a Paintball photographer
paramedic18 is playing at Living Legends VI
paramedic18 is playing at Living Legends VII
paramedic18 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFiend View Post
Should I put my pitch fork down Paramedic??.
Nope cuz u never know when a zombie might appear!
__________________
Paintball Indiana, Central Indiana's best rec field

Paintcheck Photography in Co-operating with RSHMedia, Covering the Indiana region for scenario, tourny, and rec play.
paramedic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:31 PM #289
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander
 
undrdg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Portland Oregon
 has been a member for 10 years
lets all make a Raehl got pwned sig!!!!
Everybody!
undrdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:36 PM #290
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG
LIKE LIGHTNING
 
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Metairie, Louisiana
Annual Supporting Member
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG is BST Legit
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by undrdg View Post
lets all make a Raehl got pwned sig!!!!
Everybody!
Eh why not!
__________________
UNITED STATES ARMY
2nd AMENDMENT
BREW SCARACK
HKARMY
EKK
SHIFT PROGRAM
SPEKTA 2 LV1
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:37 PM #291
stevens23
 
 
stevens23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belvidere, IL
stevens23 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
stevens23 supports DLX Technology
Ton Tons all the way! lol Psp blows anyways! Better off playing somewhere that they will get a fair shake. Accidents are accidents stuff happens. I seriously doubt the reaction would be the same if it were to happen to the all mighty God gifted Dynasty team.
__________________
Trix-Shot
stevens23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:42 PM #292
GUN_YOU_DOWN_3
3hunna
 
GUN_YOU_DOWN_3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 201
GUN_YOU_DOWN_3 plays in the PSP
GUN_YOU_DOWN_3 helped look for balloons
GUN_YOU_DOWN_3 plays in the APPA D3 division
I believe the ton ton's case because my DM13 was doing the same thing at chicago, first shot was 324 then 304 then 289, 290, 292 around there. after i left the gun sitting for a bit, the first couple shots were 350's
__________________
UNCLE JOHNSON'S THUNDERDUCKS
GUN_YOU_DOWN_3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:49 PM #293
Deviox
Looks like a I4
 
Deviox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Delaware,OH
Deviox owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Deviox plays in the APPA beginner division
Deviox has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Deviox has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by undrdg View Post
lets all make a Raehl got pwned sig!!!!
Everybody!
It's funny you say that, because not "everybody" was on the TonTons side. MOST of the PBNation posting I saw were incredibly dense "jokes" like; "Ha, the French always surrender". Really? Grow the **** up. People burned them and AGREED with Chris, which is truly odd. I can't believe people now are all proud of themselves for siding with the TonTons when in the beginning almost every post I saw was leading towards the TonTons being "cheating bastards". Astronomically hypocritical.
__________________
For all things happening in the Columbus Paintball scene, visit http://www.columbuspb.com/

If you have questions about this sport, PM me!
"Originally posted by neweraballer76: Oh ****ing Christ. Get the tin foil before the CIA get in your brain."

Limited Edition Dynasty Draco Luxe 2.0

Embers Darted Ego 11
Deviox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:50 PM #294
Deviox
Looks like a I4
 
Deviox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Delaware,OH
Deviox owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Deviox plays in the APPA beginner division
Deviox has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Deviox has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUN_YOU_DOWN_3 View Post
I believe the ton ton's case because my DM13 was doing the same thing at chicago, first shot was 324 then 304 then 289, 290, 292 around there. after i left the gun sitting for a bit, the first couple shots were 350's
It really isn't far fetched, why would a team like the TonTons need to cheat? Especially with the history and success they've had this year? Makes NO sense.
__________________
For all things happening in the Columbus Paintball scene, visit http://www.columbuspb.com/

If you have questions about this sport, PM me!
"Originally posted by neweraballer76: Oh ****ing Christ. Get the tin foil before the CIA get in your brain."

Limited Edition Dynasty Draco Luxe 2.0

Embers Darted Ego 11
Deviox is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups


Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump