Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-21-2013, 03:40 PM #43
Shawndogg15
EmpireAxeBaller

Shawndogg15 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Shawndogg15 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shawndogg15 supports DLX Technology
I have an lv1 that I just cleaned. aired it up to make sure it did not leak and it leaked from the solenoid/manifold area. read the manual, replaced both gaskets, cleaned debris excess lube and it still leaks. Need some help. Thanks!
Shawndogg15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2013, 09:39 AM #44
HeadHunter team SOVA

HeadHunter team SOVA owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HeadHunter team SOVA owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Bill,

Ok, everything fires ok but not enough air to shoot the paintball.
I believe the rammer is not striking the piston hard enough to allow air flow.
I have an 05 EGO, all stock except the board is a virtue (I can not put orignal back in as I do not have it, I wish)
New battery, different used solenoid (same results 2 different noids), complete teardown , clean & lube all o-ring are good, check QEVs. Adjusting HPR, LPR does not help. When adj LPR indications show the lowering (lower air to none) but can not get it to increase enough.

Worked fine 2 weeks ago, nothing changed, no settings adjusted.
HeadHunter team SOVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:13 PM #45
Boe 23
3lvis

Boe 23 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Boe 23 supports Team VICIOUS
Hey bill got a 07 ego lubed everything and for some reason is having shootdown and sounds like something is hissing everytime it shoots any help much appreciated
Old 10-24-2013, 08:08 PM #46
GoldenBoy23IBSH

GoldenBoy23IBSH owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
GoldenBoy23IBSH has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
GoldenBoy23IBSH supports DLX Technology
what are the stock settings on the lv1 when tuning
GoldenBoy23IBSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:36 AM #47
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawndogg15 View Post
I have an lv1 that I just cleaned. aired it up to make sure it did not leak and it leaked from the solenoid/manifold area. read the manual, replaced both gaskets, cleaned debris excess lube and it still leaks. Need some help. Thanks!
Have you checked the LPR? The seal in the piston may be gone or cracked. If so, replace the piston.

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:37 AM #48
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadHunter team SOVA View Post
Bill,

Ok, everything fires ok but not enough air to shoot the paintball.
I believe the rammer is not striking the piston hard enough to allow air flow.
I have an 05 EGO, all stock except the board is a virtue (I can not put orignal back in as I do not have it, I wish)
New battery, different used solenoid (same results 2 different noids), complete teardown , clean & lube all o-ring are good, check QEVs. Adjusting HPR, LPR does not help. When adj LPR indications show the lowering (lower air to none) but can not get it to increase enough.

Worked fine 2 weeks ago, nothing changed, no settings adjusted.
- New Energy, Duracell or Energizer battery. The gun needs a good amount of power to run the marker properly. A lessor brand of battery may read fully charged but doesn't have the upkeep to sustain the power needed to run the gun. This is the #1 cause of all issues in an EGO.
- Complete o-ring overhaul may be needed. Start with swapping out the #11 rear rammer oring...
- Set your dwell to factory (10.0). Be sure the gun is not set on training mode.
- Check the LPR. Make sure it is assembled and lubed properly. There are 5 pieces within the LPR cap. Adjuster screw, adjuster piston (small silver cup-like part), silver spring, followed by the piston and gold spring (See page 46/47 of the manual).
- Check the HPR. Make sure it is assembled, lubed. Make sure there are 16 shim springs properly assembled.
- While you have the HPR apart, check the HPR Piston reg seat. Make sure it is there and not cracked (See page 44/45 of the manual). Perfect preesure would be 325 psi. It can be achieved by properly assembling it then spinning the adjuster screw all the way out and then 3.5 turns in. This will give you the approximte pressure.
- Check the rear QEV. Make sure it is not loose or cracked. Loctite if loose. Replace if cracked.
- Check the airline from the rear QEV to the manifold. Take the hose off the QEV and take the solenoid off the manifold. Blow thru the hose. It should flow freely.
- Check the Solenoid. Make sure there is no physical damage.
- Brass valve guide. If you look at the front of teh rammer housing there is a brass guide that is loctited in place. if it starts to unthread it will limit the airflow causing low velocity.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:38 AM #49
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boe 23 View Post
Hey bill got a 07 ego lubed everything and for some reason is having shootdown and sounds like something is hissing everytime it shoots any help much appreciated
- Try a new Energy, Duracell or Energizer battery. The gun needs a good amount of power to run the marker properly. A lessor brand of battery may read fully charged but doesn't have the upkeep to sustain the power needed to run the gun. This is the #1 cause of all issues in an EGO.
- Replace the #11 rammer oring. Even if it looks good. It will be the largest black oring towards the rear of the rammer.
- Set your dwell (14.0).
- QEV Diaphragm issue. Inside the QEV, between the blue and silver halves, is a rubber diaphragm. This part should be one piece. Make sure it is not ripped or cut (see page 63 in the manual).
- Check the HPR. Make sure it is assembled, lubed. Make sure there are 16 shim springs properly assembled. The shims are slightly bent. You want them opposing each other. )()()()()()()()(
- While you have the HPR apart, check the HPR Piston reg seat. Make sure it is there and not cracked (See page 44/45 of the manual). Perfect preesure would be 325 psi. It can be achieved by properly assembling it then spinning the adjuster screw all the way out and then 3.5 turns in. This will give you the approximte pressure.
- Check the LPR. Make sure both springs are present. There should be 5 pieces within the LPR. Starting from front: Adjuster screw, Adjuster piston, gold spring, Regulator piston and second gold spring. Both springs are the same. Put the adjuster screw flush to one turn out, see if this affects the velocity at all.
- While you have the LPR apart check the LPR piston seat. Looks just like the HPR piston but smaller. Seat is in the same area...
- ASA On/Off knob turned in to far? When you add your air system to the gun you want to turn the knob until you hear the initial gas transfer. Do not turn it more then one complete turn more or you will actually restrict the airflow coming out of your air system.
- Complete oring overhaul

Old 10-27-2013, 06:19 AM #50
m2piper
m2piper

m2piper owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
m2piper owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2piper View Post
hi, my SLS has recently started a peculiar habit - the first few trigger pulls nothing happens, then with each pull the gun starts to cycle, pressure seems to build up to 'normal' with balls going further the more the trigger is pulled (ramp setting or semi) until 'normal' behaviour is established. Stop shooting and the whole procedure needs to be repeated. Any suggestions please? (Battery has been replaced several times and same happens, cleaned, lubed etc). Thanks
thought I'd fixed this by replacing black seal in middle of in line reg adjuster screw assembly however today at training it started doing the same thing - pull trigger and nothing but more pulls and finally it starts to cycle.

Maybe time to replace the pilot valve like suggested in another thread???
m2piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:30 AM #51
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Have you tried taking the solenoid apart and cleaning it out? Sometimes debris will get into it and cause this issue. Be careful with the pilot orings. They are very delicate.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:09 PM #52
m2piper
m2piper

m2piper owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
m2piper owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Have you tried taking the solenoid apart and cleaning it out? Sometimes debris will get into it and cause this issue. Be careful with the pilot orings. They are very delicate.
just done that and all reasonably clean with no debris although some grease in the manifold body - cleaned it out. Nothing is required between the gasket and frame body by way of grease is it when repacing it on the frame?

I did find that the largest o ring on the pilot valve appears to be compressed across or outside its guide through wear - can these be replaced or the whole valve needs to be done? thanks
m2piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:25 PM #53
GoldenBoy23IBSH

GoldenBoy23IBSH owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
GoldenBoy23IBSH has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
GoldenBoy23IBSH supports DLX Technology
hey Bill what are the stock settings for the lv1? I'm having problems with te velocity, with the velocity adjusts all the way up I'm only shooting 245-270 fps and it's a big difference every shot
GoldenBoy23IBSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:11 AM #54
christopher1982

Hi...I just got a CSL...loving it but hope there is a simple guide on tuning hope someone could guide me.....

Thanks
christopher1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:25 PM #55
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2piper View Post
just done that and all reasonably clean with no debris although some grease in the manifold body - cleaned it out. Nothing is required between the gasket and frame body by way of grease is it when repacing it on the frame?

I did find that the largest o ring on the pilot valve appears to be compressed across or outside its guide through wear - can these be replaced or the whole valve needs to be done? thanks
Yes the pilot orings can be replaced. Google: Planet Eclipse Pilot valve oring kit
Should run you a max of $4

Old 10-28-2013, 06:25 PM #56
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBoy23IBSH View Post
hey Bill what are the stock settings for the lv1? I'm having problems with te velocity, with the velocity adjusts all the way up I'm only shooting 245-270 fps and it's a big difference every shot
Is it adjusting? Could be the inline reg seal.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:48 AM #57
Self_DeFenCe

Hi Bill,
I have a 2010 ego that has a small valve leak. Cupseal looks good and so does the valve body. I replaced o-rings on the valve body but the leak if still there.
I inspected the cupseal surface to see if there was any kind of damage but it's about mint and the leak is still there. I'm pretty confident that's caused by the cupseal, leak noise is changing a bit every time when marker is fired.
Also, is the piston reg seat o-ring standard or the whole part has to be changed when used?
Thanks for your help.
Self_DeFenCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:37 AM #58
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
The entire piston would need to be changed.
You can try changing out the poppit first. It is the cheaper way out. Let me know if you need either part.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:27 AM #59
PaintFreak98

PaintFreak98 plays in the PSP
PaintFreak98 is an NCPA player
PaintFreak98 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I would contact Gerry.b@planeteclipse.com about the battery indicator.
As far as the velocity it could be a number of items...
Swap out the rammer orings.
Swap out or flip over the HPR reg seat. It could be over pressurizing.
If the LPR was turned to far in from flush you could have compromised the LPR springs. I would swap them out with new ones.
Max out the solenoid dials. See if there is any difference.
Alright, newest update:

I took it out to the field last week and attempted to chrono it after practicing with a different gun.

After the full strip down which included changing EVERY oring in the HPR, entire lower tube and LPR along with a fresh lubing and flipping the reg seat. Although it got better, it still wasn't up to par. I had the LPR (2 turns in) and board set to stock, the solenoid dials both set to max. Even with the HPR completely maxed out (after slowly increasing), the highest velocity I was able to register, even maxed was about one or two balls at 281, the rest, and vast majority, were averaged out at 260-270. I didn't change the LPR springs, since I don't have any laying around. Is there anything else it could be that I'm missing? Also, I assume running the HPR at its max, I assume isn't good for the seals/life of the solenoid, is that assumption correct?

I've pretty much run out of ideas of things that I can do to the gun to make it work. Thanks for all of the help!
PaintFreak98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:58 AM #60
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
As long as your LPR isnt failing, the HPR pressure wouldn't harm your solenoid. Have you tried turning the LPR out a turn?
Are you using oil on the rammer? Do not use grease on it.
As you turn the HPR, is it changing the fps much? The seal could be completely compromised.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:09 AM #61
navoye

hi, i've got ego11 and problem with leak from vent hole on hpr. I've changed #008 in adjuster top, its stops for a 2 cases. I read about brass and steel adjuster top, mine was steel so i chaned it to new one brass. It again stop for a few cases of paint. When it starts again I rebuild whole hpr, and now, after few cases its leaks again. After rebuild it was ok, next it start leak only "with shoot", and after few pod's its start leak whole time, but when i shoot its leaks more. What should i check? What should i do to make problem gone forever?
navoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:08 AM #62
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Contact your closest PE service center. They may be able to assist you further.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:05 PM #63
MRDSpc4
OIF VETERAN

MRDSpc4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MRDSpc4 supports Empire
Have a problem with a GEO 3
Marker will not dry fire when under pressure with eyes off while in opto trigger mode but fires when in switch. when under opto when trigger is pulled the indicator shows the opto sensor reading midrange. So why is the marker able to function under switch but not opto, also marker has violent products trigger could this just be the trigger.