Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdrpballguy View Post
My 05 ego is experiencing some velocity issues. Troubleshooting went as follows:
1 Changed battery to a fresh, name brand battery.
2 reset inline reg and lpr.
3 cleaned lubed everything
4 only after raising dwell to 18-20 would a playable velocity be achieved (250 fps)

All signs point to a solenoid going bad. The solenoid does click but i think the coil is going out. My question is:
Would the solenoid in the link below serve as a direct drop in replacement for the 05-06 solenoid.

http://www.airsoldier.com/mm5/mercha...Code=SOLENOIDS

Are there any other issues that would cause velocity issues that I should look for.

Thank you for the help
The link isnt working but you can fit an EGO7 solenoid and manifold into your marker. Here is a list of other things to look at...
- Try a new Energy, Duracell or Energizer battery. The gun needs a good amount of power to run the marker properly. A lessor brand of battery may read fully charged but doesn't have the upkeep to sustain the power needed to run the gun. This is the #1 cause of all issues in an EGO.
- Replace the #11 rammer oring. Even if it looks good. It will be the largest black oring towards the rear of the rammer.
- Set your dwell (14.0).
- QEV Diaphragm issue. Inside the QEV, between the blue and silver halves, is a rubber diaphragm. This part should be one piece. Make sure it is not ripped or cut (see page 63 in the manual).
- Check the HPR. Make sure it is assembled, lubed. Make sure there are 16 shim springs properly assembled. The shims are slightly bent. You want them opposing each other. )()()()()()()()(
- While you have the HPR apart, check the HPR Piston reg seat. Make sure it is there and not cracked (See page 44/45 of the manual). Perfect preesure would be 325 psi. It can be achieved by properly assembling it then spinning the adjuster screw all the way out and then 3.5 turns in. This will give you the approximte pressure.
- Check the LPR. Make sure both springs are present. There should be 5 pieces within the LPR. Starting from front: Adjuster screw, Adjuster piston, gold spring, Regulator piston and second gold spring. Both springs are the same. Put the adjuster screw flush to one turn out, see if this affects the velocity at all.
- While you have the LPR apart check the LPR piston seat. Looks just like the HPR piston but smaller. Seat is in the same area...
- ASA On/Off knob turned in to far? When you add your air system to the gun you want to turn the knob until you hear the initial gas transfer. Do not turn it more then one complete turn more or you will actually restrict the airflow coming out of your air system.
- Complete oring overhaul

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2013, 11:18 AM #23
my05blackego
Bang bang

my05blackego owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I would start with replacing the rammer orings.

Did you reverse the hoses from noid to rammer barbs?
I tried replacing the orings but I'll try again. And I don't believe I reversed the hoses. I put em on the same way they were with the old manifold
my05blackego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:33 PM #24
BigPumpPlayer

BigPumpPlayer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Deleted post
Sterling STP
"I Fight YOU!!! Pew Pew!"

Last edited by BigPumpPlayer : 10-12-2013 at 06:36 PM.
BigPumpPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:04 AM #25
m2piper
m2piper

m2piper owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
m2piper owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hi, my SLS has recently started a peculiar habit - the first few trigger pulls nothing happens, then with each pull the gun starts to cycle, pressure seems to build up to 'normal' with balls going further the more the trigger is pulled (ramp setting or semi) until 'normal' behaviour is established. Stop shooting and the whole procedure needs to be repeated. Any suggestions please? (Battery has been replaced several times and same happens, cleaned, lubed etc). Thanks

Last edited by m2piper : 10-27-2013 at 06:17 AM.
m2piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:26 AM #26
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Sounds as if the regulator piston is bad. Check the seal which is a small plastic like disk that is pressed into the shaft. If gone or cracked replace. PM me if needed.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:25 PM #27
m2piper
m2piper

Quote:
Sounds as if the regulator piston is bad. Check the seal which is a small plastic like disk that is pressed into the shaft. If gone or cracked replace. PM me if needed.
just looked, lpr reg seal still in place - someone suggested pilot valve?????

Last edited by m2piper : 10-13-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:14 PM #28
m2piper
m2piper

Wasnt that - think I've fixed it - black seal in middle of in line reg adjuster screw assembly! Found that in another thread piece of advcie of yours! Thanks
Old 10-14-2013, 09:30 AM #29
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Sounds like your SL94 has the SL3 inline reg. I should have picked up on it.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:14 PM #30
Taddei02

Taddei02 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
First Shot Drop Off

Ego 08

The marker was working fine up until a few weeks ago were every time I pull the trigger, it kind of half shoots. Sometimes the ball will just roll out of the barrel, other times it will go about 3-5 feet. I makes a very faint shooting noise as well, similar to the training mode but louder. After walking the trigger, it picks up and shoots normally. What can I do to fix this?

I have tried changing the battery, cleaning the marker...ect, but I do not know what my next step is. I read that somebody was having the same issue as me, but I could not find the result.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Taddei02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:26 PM #31
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
- Try a new Energy, Duracell or Energizer battery. The gun needs a good amount of power to run the marker properly. A lessor brand of battery may read fully charged but doesn't have the upkeep to sustain the power needed to run the gun. This is the #1 cause of all issues in an EGO.
- Replace the #11 rammer oring. Even if it looks good. It will be the largest black oring
towards the rear of the rammer (page 55/56 in the manual).
- With in your Inline regulator is a large spring. This spring sits on the piston only one way. If you take the piston out of the reg body you will notice the spring will slide onto the piston easy one way and with alot of friction the other. You want the spring to sit with no friction. Lube the piston oring and re-install (pages 51/52 in the manual) .
- HPR Piston: Check the HPR Piston reg seat. There should be a small plastic like disk that is pressed into the end of the piston shaft. Make sure it is there and not cracked.
- Set your dwell to 14.0
- QEV Diaphragm issue. Inside the QEV block, between the blue body and silver caps, is a rubber diaphragm. This part should be one piece. Make sure it is not ripped or cut (see pages 64/65 in the manual).
- LPR: Be sure the LPR is assembled properly. There are 5 parts inside the LPR Cap. Listing from front to rear - Adjuster screw, adjuster piston (silver cuplike part), gold spring, silver piston and gold spring. The oring on the piston should be lightly greased with Eclipse grease or Sleek.Both springs are the same. Put the adjuster screw flush to one turn out, see if this affects the velocity at all.
- While you have the LPR apart check the LPR piston seat. Looks just like the HPR piston but smaller. Seat is in the same area...
- ASA On/Off knob turned in to far? When you add your air system to the gun you want to turn the knob until you hear the initial gas transfer. Do not turn it more then one complete turn more or you will actually restrict the airflow coming out of your air system.
- Complete oring overhaul, cleaning and lubrication.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:49 PM #32
m2piper
m2piper

Quote:
Sounds like your SL94 has the SL3 inline reg. I should have picked up on it.
sorry Bill my bad, marker is on my license but is my son's, is actually an 10SLS, I just thought it was an SL94 - he soon corrected me when I told him!

Last edited by m2piper : 10-15-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:02 PM #33
my05blackego
Bang bang

Hey still can't figure out what's going on with my sl66. I've tried replacing all orings and completely rebuild the gun. The noid I'd the 07 noid. But everytime I air it up the bolt immediately shoots forward and doesn't come back...
Old 10-16-2013, 04:47 AM #34
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
You sure your rear rammer oring isnt undersized?

Old 10-16-2013, 07:29 AM #35
my05blackego
Bang bang

Pretty sure. What sizes go on the rammer
Old 10-16-2013, 07:10 PM #36
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
9 on front and middle, 11 on rear.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:23 PM #37
my05blackego
Bang bang

Okay so yeah it's right size orings..
Old 10-19-2013, 12:35 AM #38
someasianballer
The panda with a gun

someasianballer plays in the PSP
someasianballer plays in the APPA D4 division
ego7 stock settings with no qev mod and stock bolt

hpr is at 330 psi just to acheive 275-280

using dw with 684 and paint is around 682-684

using a tank outputting 425 with no shoot down.

going to try a new battery again tomorrow just incase

i dont think that the hpr is suppose to be that high

also i can not reach any higher velocity. i though i was able to as long as i have atleast 100 psi higher than what my hpr was using going into the gun.

Last edited by someasianballer : 10-19-2013 at 01:44 AM.
someasianballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:39 AM #39
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by someasianballer View Post
ego7 stock settings with no qev mod and stock bolt

hpr is at 330 psi just to acheive 275-280

using dw with 684 and paint is around 682-684

using a tank outputting 425 with no shoot down.

going to try a new battery again tomorrow just incase

i dont think that the hpr is suppose to be that high

also i can not reach any higher velocity. i though i was able to as long as i have atleast 100 psi higher than what my hpr was using going into the gun.
You may be maxed out with velocity due to the LP tank. Try an HP but here is a list of things to try...
- Replace the #11 rammer oring. Even if it looks good. It will be the largest black oring towards the rear of the rammer.
- Set your dwell (14.0).
- QEV Diaphragm issue. Inside the QEV, between the blue and silver halves, is a rubber diaphragm. This part should be one piece. Make sure it is not ripped or cut (see page 63 in the manual).
- Check the HPR. Make sure it is assembled, lubed. Make sure there are 16 shim springs properly assembled. The shims are slightly bent. You want them opposing each other. )()()()()()()()(
- While you have the HPR apart, check the HPR Piston reg seat. Make sure it is there and not cracked (See page 44/45 of the manual). Perfect preesure would be 325 psi. It can be achieved by properly assembling it then spinning the adjuster screw all the way out and then 3.5 turns in. This will give you the approximte pressure.
- Check the LPR. Make sure both springs are present. There should be 5 pieces within the LPR. Starting from front: Adjuster screw, Adjuster piston, gold spring, Regulator piston and second gold spring. Both springs are the same. Put the adjuster screw flush to one turn out, see if this affects the velocity at all.
- Complete oring overhaul

Old 10-20-2013, 10:40 PM #40
iSharpz

iSharpz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
iSharpz is an NCPA player
iSharpz plays in the APPA D4 division
I lubed the Bolt, rammer, and LPR on my Ego 8 and changed the battery. Now there's a leak from the back of the gun near the ram. I'm not sure if it's the QEV or the Ram O-rings. Thanks
iSharpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:53 AM #41
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
If the leak is from inside the grip frame, take the frame off and pin point the leak. Sure you put the LPR back together properly? Is the seal still intact on the LPR piston?

Old 10-21-2013, 10:12 AM #42
iSharpz

iSharpz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
iSharpz is an NCPA player
iSharpz plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
If the leak is from inside the grip frame, take the frame off and pin point the leak. Sure you put the LPR back together properly? Is the seal still intact on the LPR piston?
After taking the grips off, the main leak went away and there is now a small leak down the barrel. I put the grips back on and now the large leak is back. It's coming from the top of the grip frame near the solenoid but only when the grips are on.

Last edited by iSharpz : 10-21-2013 at 10:24 AM.
iSharpz is offline   Reply With Quote