Originally Posted by cockerman dan
Long time owner of an 08 Ego and have had no problems up until recently. Gun airs up, turns on. The bolt and ram are getting air pressure, but it will not cycle or fire. I have put in fresh batteries, taken it apart, cleaned and lubricated everything (valve, bolt, ram, lpr, hpr). I can hear the solenoid click, but nothing happens. No leaks anywhere. Any ideas? I do have a new solenoid for it, but if its not that, I don't want to replace it.
- Try a new Energy, Duracell or Energizer battery. The gun needs a good amount of power to run the marker properly. A lessor brand of battery may read fully charged but doesn't have the upkeep to sustain the power needed to run the gun. This is the #1 cause of all issues in an EGO.
- Replace the #11 rammer oring. Even if it looks good. It will be the largest black oring
towards the rear of the rammer (page 55/56 in the manual).
- With in your Inline regulator is a large spring. This spring sits on the piston only one way. If you take the piston out of the reg body you will notice the spring will slide onto the piston easy one way and with alot of friction the other. You want the spring to sit with no friction. Lube the piston oring and re-install (pages 51/52 in the manual) .
- HPR Piston: Check the HPR Piston reg seat. There should be a small plastic like disk that is pressed into the end of the piston shaft. Make sure it is there and not cracked.
- Set your dwell to 14.0
- QEV Diaphragm issue. Inside the QEV block, between the blue body and silver caps, is a rubber diaphragm. This part should be one piece. Make sure it is not ripped or cut (see pages 64/65 in the manual).
- LPR: Be sure the LPR is assembled properly. There are 5 parts inside the LPR Cap. Listing from front to rear - Adjuster screw, adjuster piston (silver cuplike part), gold spring, silver piston and gold spring. The oring on the piston should be lightly greased with Eclipse grease or Sleek.Both springs are the same. Put the adjuster screw flush to one turn out, see if this affects the velocity at all.
- While you have the LPR apart check the LPR piston seat. Looks just like the HPR piston but smaller. Seat is in the same area...
- ASA On/Off knob turned in to far? When you add your air system to the gun you want to turn the knob until you hear the initial gas transfer. Do not turn it more then one complete turn more or you will actually restrict the airflow coming out of your air system.
- Complete oring overhaul, cleaning and lubrication.