Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 09:54 AM #1996
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
I pay $20-25- year to be a "preferred customer" and get 25% off everything. Paid for itself on the first oil change of my car, the wife's car and my bike save loads, as well as their MP spray and other odds and ends.

Not sure on the Rotella stuff, most of it I thought was diesel oil. I only hear about it when someone thinks they're saving a buck in the VW world. With 10k or longer intervals it's almost moot really. I'll see what an analysis says and go from there though.

Gonna send my dad all Amsoil for his Ultra Classic so be can come ultra the Stone Age and smooth his bike up a bit.
Well that would be why it's cheaper then.

Rotella is a diesel oil, but it is high in zinc, and has zero friction modifiers (JASO MA approved) which is what a V-twins need. It has a higher ash content and more detergents but I've never heard of it being a problem. I know a lot of people that run it in their non-vtwins and all sorts of shared sump bikes with zero issues, and most agree, the bike runs better with it. I have an oil cooler on my bike, and with 20w-50 MC oil it would foam on a hot day. This stuff doesn't even get close to bubbling or foaming, and the bike doesn't run hot at all. The Rotella is only lubricating the motor on my bike, so it doesn't need anything fancy anyways. I can't say the bike runs any "smoother" than it did with more expensive "MC oils" but it doesn't burn much at all.

What year is your dads geezer glide?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2014, 10:06 AM #1997
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler

Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
His is a 2013 or a late 2012, not sure, he got it in August 2012.

I know the Rotella had some **** that in the VW engines wasn't desirable, not sure exactly what though but the folks using it were doing themselves any favors or really saving money.

I'm anxious to see what the oil analysis says on my bike and what came in it from the factory. Smoothed up tremendously. Felt like the difference between a Harley and a Goldwing after. Everyone is back and forth as to if they ship with a break in fill.
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
Old 06-02-2014, 10:14 AM #1998
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
His is a 2013 or a late 2012, not sure, he got it in August 2012.

I know the Rotella had some **** that in the VW engines wasn't desirable, not sure exactly what though but the folks using it were doing themselves any favors or really saving money.

I'm anxious to see what the oil analysis says on my bike and what came in it from the factory. Smoothed up tremendously. Felt like the difference between a Harley and a Goldwing after. Everyone is back and forth as to if they ship with a break in fill.
I remember on my Vulcan 900 the bike ran a lot better after the first oil change when it finally got a good 10w-40. The **** that dropped out was watery and nasty.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:32 PM #1999
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Totally unrelated but is it safe to throw an strut assembly in the trash can? Changed them out on my girlfriends peon over the weekend but I get no core since they were from amazon. I don't want them to be compressed in the truck and blow apart.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:56 PM #2000
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior

Naumoff42 donated to help Peyton Trent
Naumoff42 supports DLX Technology
Meh. Settling for a place who will change tires for $50/hour. Said it takes him about an hour each tire but i'm hoping that it will be a bit faster than that. Normally charges $80/hour for parts brought in by customer so I ordered tires from him. His prices were way better than any other dealer i talked to. Pretty close to online tire prices. He's just one guy who runs his own little garage/shop so I figured id give him some support instead of the huge dealerships around that charge more.

Let me buy your Philly Luxe

DaLuxe Mob

Old 06-02-2014, 09:13 PM #2001
octane2079
Drunken Badger

octane2079 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naumoff42 View Post
Meh. Settling for a place who will change tires for $50/hour. Said it takes him about an hour each tire but i'm hoping that it will be a bit faster than that. Normally charges $80/hour for parts brought in by customer so I ordered tires from him. His prices were way better than any other dealer i talked to. Pretty close to online tire prices. He's just one guy who runs his own little garage/shop so I figured id give him some support instead of the huge dealerships around that charge more.
Wait you are ordering the tires from him and he is still charging you that much to mount them? Holy **** balls. I thought 30 bucks a tire (bringing my own tire and dismounted wheel) was alot.
Xbox Live/Origin Name Edgyxsf
Old 06-02-2014, 09:15 PM #2002
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane2079 View Post
Wait you are ordering the tires from him and he is still charging you that much to mount them? Holy **** balls. I thought 30 bucks a tire (bringing my own tire and dismounted wheel) was alot.
Yup. And he's the cheapest i've found around me. Everyone else won't do it for under $55 a tire

DaLuxe Mob

Old 06-02-2014, 11:18 PM #2003
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler

Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
That's ****ed up. Even the damned BMW/Ducati dealer hear is competitive as ****. Cold call, without telling them I just bought a bike there, they were pretty cheap on almost all tires. I have the sheet at work, will add a few more and see how things stack up.

Pilot Power 3 in 190/55/17 was $220 on the bike, or there abouts. Front in 120/70 was somewhere like $145. This is ride the bike there, installed and balanced.
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
Old 06-02-2014, 11:30 PM #2004
MattDamnit
Anustart

Annual Supporting Member
MattDamnit is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
First time in traffic today. Killed it at one light on accident. Besides that pretty fun. Got up to 65 on the bypass, that was enough for me. Helmet fits ALOT better after riding a little bit.
Don't Touch Me You Filthy Casual
Old 06-03-2014, 07:24 AM #2005
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Naumoff42 make a new thread
Old 06-03-2014, 07:56 AM #2006
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naumoff42 View Post
Yup. And he's the cheapest i've found around me. Everyone else won't do it for under $55 a tire
If you have a cycle gear near you, they are 30$ per tire with a 3$ disposal fee.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:19 AM #2007
Stagger Lee

Tried haggling? I go to a huge warehouse, no removal/mounting/balance/disposal fees if you buy 2 or give them your old tire(s) in decent shape. Their big money is in thousands of used tires for all types of vehicles, $40/piece until you get to huge tractor tires.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:28 AM #2008
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbudgethero View Post
Naumoff42 make a new thread
Huh?

DaLuxe Mob

Old 06-03-2014, 10:55 AM #2009
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

I'll do it.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:01 AM #2010
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post81306897
Old 06-10-2014, 10:04 AM #2011
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
Thread has over 2000 posts. Continue here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4177641
This SYSTEM user account is not controlled by a person. It's primary function is to automatically split large threads. System also masks the identity of staff members who give infractions. If you have a question, or if SYSTEM becomes self-aware, please post it in the Talk to Mods/Admins section.
Closed Thread