Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-15-2013, 07:24 PM #1
passionpblr

Etha problem.

Ok so I was playing with my etha at the field today and there was a very noticeable accuracy problem that I hadn't had the last time I played. I was using a few days old to a couple weeks old paint, I don't think this would cause the problem. I do know paint is a lot smaller these days and the bore on the shaft4 back for the etha is .690 so this might be what was wrong, I had a couple ball breaks too which leads to that question about barrel size but I cleaned the barrel and the paint was still flying every which way when id start shooting at a higher bps. I did take the gun home to clean it though and when I popped my bolt out, out came a random o-ring. So I looked at the manual to see where it should go and I saw (f.14) the bolt bumper and (f.18) the front bumper the two places where it might go, there was no O-rings in either of these places so I managed to get it back into the bolt bumper position and I re shot my gun but the problem was still there. So what do you think? does the loose o-ring need to go into the front bumper position? is it just my barrel? Brittle paint? Or something else? lemme know. thanks.
passionpblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2013, 09:48 PM #2
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
Did the paint break in the breech or just the barrel?

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:14 PM #3
CHARLIE_003

I had a huge accuracy problem with mine when I bought it brand new. I can honestly say that the barrel mine came with was garbage. It was inconsistent and inaccurate. I was shooting brand new paint which I inspected and it was perfect. I had a feeling it was the barrel so I put a .688 UL on it and it shot ball on ball and still does to this day. Try another barrel if you have one. I found the stock bore to be way too large.
Joy Fan#1230

WORLDS GREATEST SHOCKER!!!...not for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3202260
CHARLIE_003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:29 PM #4
passionpblr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLIE_003 View Post
I had a huge accuracy problem with mine when I bought it brand new. I can honestly say that the barrel mine came with was garbage. It was inconsistent and inaccurate. I was shooting brand new paint which I inspected and it was perfect. I had a feeling it was the barrel so I put a .688 UL on it and it shot ball on ball and still does to this day. Try another barrel if you have one. I found the stock bore to be way too large.
Haha .688? that's a small drop, but whatever works. I put the stock trilogy cocker barrel on it which is .685 and it still had the same problem. if you could comfirm the bore size on the trilogy series then maybe im wrong but I doubt you know lol
Old 09-15-2013, 10:31 PM #5
passionpblr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7paintball View Post
Did the paint break in the breech or just the barrel?
just the barrel
Old 09-15-2013, 11:41 PM #6
CHARLIE_003

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionpblr View Post

Haha .688? that's a small drop, but whatever works. I put the stock trilogy cocker barrel on it which is .685 and it still had the same problem. if you could comfirm the bore size on the trilogy series then maybe im wrong but I doubt you know lol
I may have only needed the small drop. I play in Louisiana so the humidity is insane. And I'm fairly certain the stock barrel is a .693 bore..
Joy Fan#1230

WORLDS GREATEST SHOCKER!!!...not for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3202260
CHARLIE_003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:36 AM #7
passionpblr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLIE_003 View Post
I may have only needed the small drop. I play in Louisiana so the humidity is insane. And I'm fairly certain the stock barrel is a .693 bore..
Wellp, maybe it is the barrel. Im just waitin back for this guy above you ^^ to get back to me cus apparently hes a pe tech pro
Old 09-17-2013, 02:19 PM #8
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionpblr View Post

Wellp, maybe it is the barrel. Im just waitin back for this guy above you ^^ to get back to me cus apparently hes a pe tech pro
I would say it's your barrel size. .686 might be too small

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:11 PM #9
nickdejong

most likely barrel size, i bought the barrel kit for my etha and found that my shots were mostly on target when using the .689 back which matched my paint
nickdejong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:12 PM #10
mattwills1

It's the paint! Buy a case from somewhere else and try again.
mattwills1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:03 PM #11
In-Hoc

In-Hoc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
In-Hoc plays in the APPA D5 division
It is a combination of the Paint and the Barrel. I have had my Etha for a while now and I found the best solution to the problem is to send your barrel off to be bored out to fit the Freak Inserts. Also use a minimum of a mid grade paint. Don't use junk field paint in the stock barrel it is way to big for most paints out there and the ball bounces off the walls of the barrel and doesn't fly true. Now Since I've had mine bored out I can use just about any paint and get good accuracy (at least as good as the paint is round). Also check to make sure that your rubber tip is secure on your bolt. I know that from time to time they work loose or tear and it can cause issues.

It's not the WILL to WIN, but rather the WILL to PREPARE to WIN that will make the difference!

In-Hoc Signo Vinces!
In-Hoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:42 PM #12
Apewar

it was the paint....the Etha has a .693 bore size.

there is NO reason to bore out or be worried about your stock barrel unless you damaged it. better quality of paint will usually get u the accuracy you want but if its a bad case theres nothing you can do
Apewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:14 AM #13
Jimbosliice

Jimbosliice owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jimbosliice plays in the APPA D5 division
The huge stock barrel back is going to ruin your day if your going for accuracy. I picked up a .685 shaft4 and it made a world of difference. And I had a good barrel back I could use when I upgraded to my current Geo3.
Jimbosliice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:57 PM #14
passionpblr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbosliice View Post
The huge stock barrel back is going to ruin your day if your going for accuracy. I picked up a .685 shaft4 and it made a world of difference. And I had a good barrel back I could use when I upgraded to my current Geo3.
Thanks for the responses guys sounds like it is my barrel.. the paint was WILDLY inaccurate but I have a new barrel to try this weekend and see if that does the trick. And what about the loose boring? Anyone know what position that goes in?
Old 03-08-2014, 12:12 PM #15
Apewar

since you are using fresh paint , I'd ask you try some with your new barrel back and some with the old. if the paint is good you aren't going to notice a big difference.
Apewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:43 PM #16
passionpblr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apewar View Post
since you are using fresh paint , I'd ask you try some with your new barrel back and some with the old. if the paint is good you aren't going to notice a big difference.
OK thanks.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:08 PM #17
Calculon The Great

That happens to me from time to time. 90% of the time the culprit is the paint. When that happens I with switch guns to remove the gun from the equation and I also ask my friends "how's it going for you?". They always answer that they have issues too. I've had a whole bunch of mid and high ends in the last few years and they ALL shot badly with crap paint.
Calculon The Great is offline   Reply With Quote