PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-24-2013, 10:01 PM #1
Spike9563

Spike9563 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Spike9563 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Etha Prototype Bolt From Planet Eclipse

I was playing at my local field (Hogans Alley Paintball in CT) and was asked if I wanted to try out a new bolt for my Etha that Planet Eclipse had sent them and wanted some customer feedback on. I really wanted to just play but I let them put it in and the new bolt increased the air efficiency of the gun and reduced recoil. I cannot tell you how many pods I shot, next time I go back I will detail my findings. I know other companies have bolts on the market but I know that they are junk from what I heard from the techs. at my fields shop when I asked about them. So if you can get your hands on one from your local field try it and post your findings.
Spike9563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2013, 10:12 PM #2
PaintballinBanana
Paintball DUH

PaintballinBanana supports Pev's Paintball
PaintballinBanana plays in the APPA beginner division
PaintballinBanana supports Empire
can you send me it
Old 08-24-2013, 10:17 PM #3
Spike9563

They did not let me keep it, but said I could use it when I play there while they have it.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:15 AM #4
Bill.B

Bill.B owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Was it a bolt/spring combo? No bolt guide change? Try to take a pic next time.
Bill.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:31 AM #5
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike9563 View Post
I was playing at my local field (Hogans Alley Paintball in CT) and was asked if I wanted to try out a new bolt for my Etha that Planet Eclipse had sent them and wanted some customer feedback on. I really wanted to just play but I let them put it in and the new bolt increased the air efficiency of the gun and reduced recoil. I cannot tell you how many pods I shot, next time I go back I will detail my findings. I know other companies have bolts on the market but I know that they are junk from what I heard from the techs. at my fields shop when I asked about them. So if you can get your hands on one from your local field try it and post your findings.
LOL!

The bolt that you were "testing" was the latest incarnation of our Etha AM (All Metal) Bolt. In essence this is an Etha bolt without a rubber tip as it is all one assembly. The dimensions of the from face of internal insert now closely resembles Geo3 bolt face geometry.

This bolt is intended to appeal to fields using Ethas as their rental markers; less wear and tear and consequently reduced downtime = happy field owners

Nicky T

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:58 PM #6
Bill.B

Bill.B owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky T View Post
LOL!

The bolt that you were "testing" was the latest incarnation of our Etha AM (All Metal) Bolt. In essence this is an Etha bolt without a rubber tip as it is all one assembly. The dimensions of the from face of internal insert now closely resembles Geo3 bolt face geometry.

This bolt is intended to appeal to fields using Ethas as their rental markers; less wear and tear and consequently reduced downtime = happy field owners

Nicky T
Aww. That's good though.

Here I was hoping for an alternative to the techt bolt straight from planet eclipse. Lol
Bill.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:40 AM #7
Spike9563

Quote:
LOL!

Nicky T
I was wondering why he didn't put the rubber tip in it. I'm heading back there this Sunday, if not then the following weekend. I will post and send you the detailed findings.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:14 AM #8
thomascmyk

Quote:
LOL!

Nicky T
I hope this comes out soon! I have had nothing but problems with my etha and am now in the process of getting rid of it. I have not been able to useitfor one game!

Last night while testing it, it ripped the bolt tip off when I accidentally took to dry fire shots argh
thomascmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:10 AM #9
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomascmyk View Post
I hope this comes out soon! I have had nothing but problems with my etha and am now in the process of getting rid of it. I have not been able to useitfor one game!

Last night while testing it, it ripped the bolt tip off when I accidentally took to dry fire shots argh
Hi,

I am very sorry to hear that. What issues do you specifically have with your Etha? Please feel free to contact me directly on: nick.t@planeteclipse.com and we'll gladly get you sorted.

Nicky T

Old 10-23-2013, 06:19 PM #10
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Empire
Quote:
LOL!

Nicky T
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but when will this bolt be released and will it be available for the original Etha owners? I was just curious since my cousin has an Etha and he loves it. Keep up the good work PE!

smokefools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:09 PM #11
VeS206

VeS206 is playing at Living Legends VII
hate to bump an old thread. is this ever going to be released to the public?
Old 04-23-2014, 07:08 AM #12
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
No need to apologise, if you want to buy one contact our RI service department on: (401) 2479061 and they will sell you one

Nicky T