Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2013, 09:17 PM #43
TheMVpaintballer247
 
 
TheMVpaintballer247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk mrkt View Post
Most people that buy spyders don't even know what azodin is or what the difference is
That is true. When I bought my first paintball gun, I bought a spyder because it was cheap, I was a beginner, and it was the only company I knew of
TheMVpaintballer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2013, 09:26 PM #44
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan
 
smalltownkaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chester Gap VA
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
well now that such a huge % of guns are bought online, new players can read reviews and search forums like this and get real feedback on what to buy. as opposed to how it used to be of buying in person and getting just the store owners opinion or reading a box in walmart.
__________________
Azodin: Green Kaos...Blue ZII...
Green and Silver KDII
Green and Purple Blitz Evo
Capt. American Blitz Evo
w/ matching zero
DP: Green G4...Green F8
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:37 PM #45
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot
 
vijil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Zealand
It's good to see a company like azodin picking up where the ion left off

Looks like a great marker for the price. Might end up with one.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:13 PM #46
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG
LIKE LIGHTNING
 
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Metairie, Louisiana
Annual Supporting Member
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG is BST Legit
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG supports Empire
OLED board you say?

Hmmmm......

Azodin ZII > DMs and LUXE


Also seems significantly quieter tham the blitz.
__________________
UNITED STATES ARMY
2nd AMENDMENT
BREW SCARACK
HKARMY
EKK
SHIFT PROGRAM
SPEKTA 2 LV1
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:32 PM #47
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan
 
smalltownkaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chester Gap VA
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG View Post
OLED board you say?

Hmmmm......

Azodin ZII > DMs and LUXE


Also seems significantly quieter tham the blitz.
it really is a night and day difference. But not just sound. the feel when shooting really feels more of a poppet than a blowback
__________________
Azodin: Green Kaos...Blue ZII...
Green and Silver KDII
Green and Purple Blitz Evo
Capt. American Blitz Evo
w/ matching zero
DP: Green G4...Green F8
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:43 PM #48
benzy2
angry bird
 
benzy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: ohio
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Blowback are poppets.

I don't see a reason anyone with a bit of experience would buy one. OLED is great, but it doesn't make the gun. We will see how it holds up. I'm guessing they tossed in a balanced valve setup similar to the older VS series Spyder. It's a big improvement from non-balanced valves, when it works. One thing I don't miss from the old spyder days is recording the marker after any hiccup.

With the used market the way it is, there is no way I'd spend $300 on a stbb. You can get yourself a DM7/8, PM9, NXT shocker, Vice/protege, ego7/8, axe, etek 3, e2 cocker, valken proton, maybe a Macdev drone, etc. just too many options floating around in great shape from sellers with great feedback to spend $300 on that marker. I like the direction, I simply couldn't justify the price for that type of marker. 10 years ago would be a different story.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:52 PM #49
new ion?
Uni Sucks....
 
new ion?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Victoria, BC
Honestly, it looks really nice. I'm glad to see some innovation into STBB's, and though I kind of feel like an OLED is wasted on a STBB, I wouldn't doubt it'll help them gain customers.
__________________
Closed Bolt Ballers
Jack Wood:
And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less.
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:52 PM #50
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan
 
smalltownkaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chester Gap VA
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy2 View Post
Blowback are poppets.

I don't see a reason anyone with a bit of experience would buy one. OLED is great, but it doesn't make the gun. We will see how it holds up. I'm guessing they tossed in a balanced valve setup similar to the older VS series Spyder. It's a big improvement from non-balanced valves, when it works. One thing I don't miss from the old spyder days is recording the marker after any hiccup.

With the used market the way it is, there is no way I'd spend $300 on a stbb. You can get yourself a DM7/8, PM9, NXT shocker, Vice/protege, ego7/8, axe, etek 3, e2 cocker, valken proton, maybe a Macdev drone, etc. just too many options floating around in great shape from sellers with great feedback to spend $300 on that marker. I like the direction, I simply couldn't justify the price for that type of marker. 10 years ago would be a different story.
So just because its a blowback it doesn't shoot as well at these markers? Its not loud, it doesn't break paint, its accurate, its not heavy, it has all the tourney modes the other markers do, its simple and quick to fix, it was amazing customer service behind it....but because its not $500+ people should leave it alone? all because it functions a different way?
__________________
Azodin: Green Kaos...Blue ZII...
Green and Silver KDII
Green and Purple Blitz Evo
Capt. American Blitz Evo
w/ matching zero
DP: Green G4...Green F8
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:55 PM #51
new ion?
Uni Sucks....
 
new ion?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Victoria, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownkaos View Post
So just because its a blowback it doesn't shoot as well at these markers? Its not loud, it doesn't break paint, its accurate, its not heavy, it has all the tourney modes the other markers do, its simple and quick to fix, it was amazing customer service behind it....but because its not $500+ people should leave it alone? all because it functions a different way?
blowbacks get a bad rep...

Also, he's just saying you can get a used high end for the same price.

Unfortunately, in paintball, (especially now) you have to combat the used market as well. As paintballers, we've KILLED any form of resale, but at the same time, with some companies shipping essentially the same marker year after year, it just kind of happens.
__________________
Closed Bolt Ballers
Jack Wood:
And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less.
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:00 AM #52
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan
 
smalltownkaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chester Gap VA
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
yes, but in the $300 and below market, you're most likely getting new, or semi new players. Doesn't it make sense for those players top buy new w/warranty. Know exactly what they are getting. When a marker like this will literally do everything that those markers will. And if you say there is something that it wont, please share.
__________________
Azodin: Green Kaos...Blue ZII...
Green and Silver KDII
Green and Purple Blitz Evo
Capt. American Blitz Evo
w/ matching zero
DP: Green G4...Green F8
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:05 AM #53
new ion?
Uni Sucks....
 
new ion?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Victoria, BC
Oh I agree, I think it would be a great buy for a beginner.

Just arguing that a more seasoned player would usually want something more high end.

That being said, if it shoots as well as it looks like it does, you might get some not so new players...
__________________
Closed Bolt Ballers
Jack Wood:
And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less.
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:15 AM #54
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan
 
smalltownkaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chester Gap VA
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I really think if some of those players that really hate on stbb's had a chance to just handle it for a game, their tune would change a lot, don't get me wrong, I don't see anyone trading their lv1 or luxe for the zii. but etek guys, Dp guys...they really might take a serious look at it.
__________________
Azodin: Green Kaos...Blue ZII...
Green and Silver KDII
Green and Purple Blitz Evo
Capt. American Blitz Evo
w/ matching zero
DP: Green G4...Green F8
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:18 AM #55
new ion?
Uni Sucks....
 
new ion?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Victoria, BC
I actually would love to try out an azodin marker, even if just to have the experience. My latest blowback experience is tippmann... And its been years since spyders.
__________________
Closed Bolt Ballers
Jack Wood:
And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less.
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:23 AM #56
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan
 
smalltownkaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chester Gap VA
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The ZII is so far from the typical Azodin/spyder. No longer have a crapass trigger, and a jack hammer kick, you can use high end paint without having to worry about breaks. It operates at 200 psi, so its quiet and efficient.
__________________
Azodin: Green Kaos...Blue ZII...
Green and Silver KDII
Green and Purple Blitz Evo
Capt. American Blitz Evo
w/ matching zero
DP: Green G4...Green F8
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:29 AM #57
TheMVpaintballer247
 
 
TheMVpaintballer247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy2 View Post
Blowback are poppets.

I don't see a reason anyone with a bit of experience would buy one. OLED is great, but it doesn't make the gun. We will see how it holds up. I'm guessing they tossed in a balanced valve setup similar to the older VS series Spyder. It's a big improvement from non-balanced valves, when it works. One thing I don't miss from the old spyder days is recording the marker after any hiccup.

With the used market the way it is, there is no way I'd spend $300 on a stbb. You can get yourself a DM7/8, PM9, NXT shocker, Vice/protege, ego7/8, axe, etek 3, e2 cocker, valken proton, maybe a Macdev drone, etc. just too many options floating around in great shape from sellers with great feedback to spend $300 on that marker. I like the direction, I simply couldn't justify the price for that type of marker. 10 years ago would be a different story.
A beginner let me shoot his blitz at the field once, that gun and some serious kick to it, according to the videos I've seen, the ZII looks like it has minor kick and both a quiet and accurate shot. It has all the tournament modes built into the OLED, just because it costs $300 doesn't mean that it doesn't deserve to be given a chance. I'm going to hopefully give it a shot. According to pictures and videos it looks like a nice shooter for the cost. It is in the same price range as the g5, mini, proton.....I think it is going to outshoot them all

Last edited by TheMVpaintballer247 : 08-15-2013 at 12:37 AM.
TheMVpaintballer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:31 AM #58
benzy2
angry bird
 
benzy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: ohio
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownkaos View Post
So just because its a blowback it doesn't shoot as well at these markers? Its not loud, it doesn't break paint, its accurate, its not heavy, it has all the tourney modes the other markers do, its simple and quick to fix, it was amazing customer service behind it....but because its not $500+ people should leave it alone? all because it functions a different way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownkaos View Post
yes, but in the $300 and below market, you're most likely getting new, or semi new players. Doesn't it make sense for those players top buy new w/warranty. Know exactly what they are getting. When a marker like this will literally do everything that those markers will. And if you say there is something that it wont, please share.
Look at the very first red line you highlighted in my post. "I don't see a reason anyone with a bit of experience would buy one." Not that I don't see why any new player would buy one. If you've been through the most basic learning curves of marker upkeep, every one of the markers I listed will perform better than the best stbb I've ever shot or seen. I came from the days of modding valves, bolts, VAs, hammers, balancing springs, building LP setups, building efficiency setups, non balanced valve setups, balanced valve setups, drilling your own eye holes, and on and on. I've played with the stbb concept for the better part of 20 years. Not one of those markers could match the feel of a stock, out of the box axe. Not one of those markers could cycle again after a hiccup. Having my choice of markers to spend $300 on, a stbb is dead last. I like them. I've spent more on a single stbb than what a new G6R costs today. I played with them exclusively the first 7 or so years I played, due to the lack of HPA fill stations locally. This marker seemed to shoot well, but I have no desire to spend on it over any of the markers I listed above. It simply is not as nice and convincing yourself it is only fools you.

Which of those markers performs to a lesser degree than the Z2? Which has a less smooth cycle? Which has more kick? Which has lesser build quality? Which has a lesser company track record (I'll concede the NXT on this point)? Which has 3+ years of solid in field performance to back its quality claims? Which has 3+ years to smooth out any bugs/issues? There is nothing that hasn't been done in the past, in small or large scale, that is going to turn the stbb into a high end or mid end competitor. It may be the king of the low end markers but that's where it ends.

Let me question your credibility here. How did you come across the ZII before it hits the market or even dealers? Why should we expect the word of an insider granted early access to be anything other than a marketing pitch? What specifically has changed in this marker to make it, in your opinion, on par with the high end market, from a shot quality point of view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMVpaintballer247 View Post
A beginner let me shoot his blitz at the field once, that gun and some serious kick to it, according to the videos I've seen, the ZII looks like it has minor kick and both a quiet and accurate shot. It has all the tournament modes built into the OLED, just because it costs $300 doesn't mean that it doesn't deserve to be given a chance. I'm going to hopefully give it a shot. According to pictures and videos it looks like a nice shooter for the cost. It is in the same price range as the g5, mini, proton.....I think it is going to outshoot them all
It is your money, feel free to spend it how you please. Having a g4, axe, and proton, I'll be glad to say I'll take all three before taking the best stbb I've seen. The OLED is a handy feature, but it is far from one that makes or breaks a marker. On the field, during a game, that OLED means practically nothing. You've seen a couple pictures and 2 or 3 quick youtube videos and from that you know its the best choice? That seems a bit quick to judge compared to other markers which have been available for a few years, with substantial video footage as well as user reviews, and long term updates on any bugs/issues/quirks the given marker may have.

Last edited by benzy2 : 08-15-2013 at 12:42 AM.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:33 AM #59
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan
 
smalltownkaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chester Gap VA
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMVpaintballer247 View Post
A beginner let me shoot his blitz at the field once, that gun and some serious kick to it, according to the videos I've seen, the ZII looks like it has minor kick and both a quiet and accurate shot. It has all the tournament modes built into the OLED, just because it costs $300 doesn't mean that it doesn't deserve to be given a chance. I'm going to hopefully give it a shot. According to pictures and videos it looks like a nice shooter for the cost. It is in the same price range as the g5, mini, proton.....I think it is going to outshoot them all
I don't have a mini to compare it to because im not a woman, but it definitely will hold its own with the g4/5. and without a doubt its quieter and has less kick then an etek. and like everyone says..the ZII looks beast.
__________________
Azodin: Green Kaos...Blue ZII...
Green and Silver KDII
Green and Purple Blitz Evo
Capt. American Blitz Evo
w/ matching zero
DP: Green G4...Green F8
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:35 AM #60
andyschein
OcD
 
andyschein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: 845/570
andyschein plays in the PSP
andyschein owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
andyschein plays in the APPA D4 division
seems nice for a low end...
i still see people buying spyders and tippman blowback markers over this because of Price and availability in chain corporations
__________________
LainWay Sports
420 Lower Road Westtown NY 10998
(973) 747-5347
Best Field/Grass in the NorthEast
andyschein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:36 AM #61
asacpaintballer
 
 
asacpaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NorCal
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalEgo11 View Post
Well the luxe board talks... That's pretty unique to their companu
Ahahaha
asacpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:44 AM #62
andyschein
OcD
 
andyschein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: 845/570
andyschein plays in the PSP
andyschein owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
andyschein plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownkaos View Post
I don't have a mini to compare it to because im not a woman
you lost all credibility after this comment.

So in theory :
everyone who owns an axe is also a woman?

sounds like you bend over more than a dollar hooker in bangkok
__________________
LainWay Sports
420 Lower Road Westtown NY 10998
(973) 747-5347
Best Field/Grass in the NorthEast
andyschein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:45 AM #63
TheMVpaintballer247
 
 
TheMVpaintballer247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy2 View Post

Look at the very first red line you highlighted in my post. "I don't see a reason anyone with a bit of experience would buy one." Not that I don't see why any new player would buy one. If you've been through the most basic learning curves of marker upkeep, every one of the markers I listed will perform better than the best stbb I've ever shot or seen. I came from the days of modding valves, bolts, VAs, hammers, balancing springs, building LP setups, building efficiency setups, non balanced valve setups, balanced valve setups, drilling your own eye holes, and on and on. I've played with the stbb concept for the better part of 20 years. Not one of those markers could match the feel of a stock, out of the box axe. Not one of those markers could cycle again after a hiccup. Having my choice of markers to spend $300 on, a stbb is dead last. I like them. I've spent more on a single stbb than what a new G6R costs today. I played with them exclusively the first 7 or so years I played, due to the lack of HPA fill stations locally. This marker seemed to shoot well, but I have no desire to spend on it over any of the markers I listed above. It simply is not as nice and convincing yourself it is only fools you.

Which of those markers performs to a lesser degree than the Z2? Which has a less smooth cycle? Which has more kick? Which has lesser build quality? Which has a lesser company track record (I'll concede the NXT on this point)? Which has 3+ years of solid in field performance to back its quality claims? Which has 3+ years to smooth out any bugs/issues? There is nothing that hasn't been done in the past, in small or large scale, that is going to turn the stbb into a high end or mid end competitor. It may be the king of the low end markers but that's where it ends.

Let me question your credibility here. How did you come across the ZII before it hits the market or even dealers? Why should we expect the word of an insider granted early access to be anything other than a marketing pitch? What specifically has changed in this marker to make it, in your opinion, on par with the high end market, from a shot quality point of view?

It is your money, feel free to spend it how you please. Having a g4, axe, and proton, I'll be glad to say I'll take all three before taking the best stbb I've seen. The OLED is a handy feature, but it is far from one that makes or breaks a marker. On the field, during a game, that OLED means practically nothing. You've seen a couple pictures and 2 or 3 quick youtube videos and from that know its the best choice? That seems a bit quick to judge compared to other markers which have been available for a few years, with substantial video footage as well as user reviews, and long term updates on any bugs/issues/quirks the given marker may have.
I don't really like stbb guns either, if this gun was a stack tube poppet I guarantee it would be amazing, but this gun is marketed towards entry level players or somebody looking for a cheap gun to use as a backup, this gun is not marketed to people shooting $1000+ guns. It's not going to outshoot a luxe, geo, clone....but it's going to outshoot the guns in its price range (not used high ends, guns marketed at that price). Like I said, I'm going to give this gun a chance. I'm sure it's going to preform well. According to the videos I've seen, it looks like a great budget shooter, I may purchase an Azodin ZII as one of my backup guns

Last edited by TheMVpaintballer247 : 08-15-2013 at 12:54 AM.
TheMVpaintballer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups


Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump