PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-13-2013, 12:38 AM #1
BonaFide
World Rebels

BonaFide owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Evolution vs God

Saw this video and thought it was quite interesting.

hopefully opinions and thoughts can be expressed with out the bashing of individuals other opinions or thoughts. [Agree to disagree if needed but lets keep things civil around here]

World Rebels
"A New State of Mind Brand"
BonaFide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2013, 12:57 AM #2
Umami
Mad as a hatter

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
I made it 4 minutes!

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:32 AM #3
Iamamartianchurch

The study of the mechanics by which the physical universe undergoes changes has what to do with God again?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:27 PM #4
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Thought provoking and entertaining but a script with a play on words that just didn't move me.

Don't you know? God created evolution. Just snapping your fingers is BORING! But maybe that is why nobody has heard from him in a few thousand years. He got bored with just snapping his fingers and moved on.

More fun to set up a bunch of parameters in a closed environment (Earth) and see what happens over millions of years... Much more fun for a GOD. Stop by once in a while and see how things are doing.

Like giving one species free will and dropped the 10 Commandments on us 3000 years ago. Hope he doesn't drop by any time soon to see how that one worked out.

You know what you do with a science project that didn't work out. Just flush it down the toilet. I think I read that somewhere......

On a more serious note.... There IS a body of scientific evidence refuting that Evolution does NOT necessarily occur over long periods of time. Humans in more or less 40,000 years is a useful benchmark for defining a "Long Time".

Darwin theory was that mutations in genetic code occurs at a very low rate and the vast majority of those mutations are evolutionary failures. They die out. Only a very small percentage provide a way to improve their ability to survive and reproduce. Those bird beaks were useful adaptions to the food source available to them, so goes the theory. But sadly, we see genetic disease in the Human Species all the time. New genetic diseases / abnormalities occur all the time. Many of the spontaneous abortions have serious genetic defects and cannot survive in the womb. We mutate all the time. SOME may be providing us with an evolutionary advantage we may not be aware of. Humans are very adaptable, intelligent, etc. We have medical care that can remediate deficits. We can test for defects and map our own genes. We can CHOOSE not to reproduce because of our genetic defects. That is evolution... Self imposed. We have tried selective breeding in humans. Not socially acceptable now.

Look at all the different species of dogs. Want a new breed / species? They have rules for how many generations of breeding constitutes a "New Breed" That can occur in one persons lifetime. Pretty quick.

Now they are seriously looking at the role of viruses in genetic mutation. It literally invades our DNA and RNA and reprograms it. Viruses mutate greatly every flu season. Annually. Once it was bird flu, now humans can die from it. It can cross species. They are studying whether or not viruses are one of the main engines of evolution.

So the whole blurb about show me when a new species occurs is bunk. It happens all the time...

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......

Last edited by Boom Master : 08-13-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:17 PM #5
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Debating "Evolution vs God" is like debating "apples vs gravity". The existence of one has no bearing on the existence of the other, though influence may occur both directions.

I have an apple and I prove it's existence. Proof is irrelevant in the overall definition of gravity.

I scientifically define gravity and prove it's existence with experimentation. This proof has no bearing on the existence of apples.

However since the apple does exist it is effected by gravity, and produces it's own gravitational field.

Enjoy applying the analogy back to the original topic.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:20 AM #6
Umami
Mad as a hatter

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/affect-vs-effect/

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:49 PM #7
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
That one always gets me. Too/to/two, there/their/they're, piece of cake (and not peace of cake ). But affect/effect is always tricky for me for some reason.

And to be honest, I'm surprised I got the bearing/baring one correct.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:18 AM #8
Lampoon

God made the universe, but it evolved like evolutionists think. If God didn't do it, then someone like God did. Maybe a group of gods not just one God. Otherwise humans would not be as complex as we are. Neanderthals evolved into monkeys probably.
Lampoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:25 AM #9
Umami
Mad as a hatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampoon View Post
God made the universe, but it evolved like evolutionists think. If God didn't do it, then someone like God did. Maybe a group of gods not just one God. Otherwise humans would not be as complex as we are. Neanderthals evolved into monkeys probably.
Turns out Europeans and Asians may be the least "genetically pure" homo-sapiens.
http://www.dailytech.com/Neanderthal...ticle22555.htm

Braces for pro-asian rant

Old 08-15-2013, 09:30 AM #10
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Great video. I'll share it with all the non-believers I know.

Oh and to all you super geniuses on this board who have the universe figured out, please feel free to answer the questions asked in the video.

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. - Ronald Reagan

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." - Alexander Hamilton
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:10 AM #11
Umami
Mad as a hatter

What questions? I'm sure as hell not sitting through 38 minutes of that garbage.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:14 AM #12
F1VENOM

Watched 30 seconds of it and it's crap.
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:21 AM #13
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Quote:
What questions?
So much for your science.

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. - Ronald Reagan

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." - Alexander Hamilton
Old 08-15-2013, 11:36 AM #14
Umami
Mad as a hatter

You sure showed me.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:39 PM #15
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
Great video. I'll share it with all the non-believers I know.

Oh and to all you super geniuses on this board who have the universe figured out, please feel free to answer the questions asked in the video.
The only thing this video shows is how you idiots get suckered into fighting a losing battle. A theory describing any mechanical process the universe operates upon has **** all to do with God or Atheism, intrinsically. Anybody who conflates the study of the physical cosmos through the sciences with teleological positions on the material or metaphysical nature of the cosmos is a fool. The creationists are worst because they play right into the hand of the atheist who insists that religious text must be taken at literal and face value. Which has led to some asinine god of gaps strategy and retarded **** like this video.

It's entirely possible to study the natural world through the sciences while accepting that you are understanding Gods work. You do not have to Dick around looking for marks left by Gods cosmic hammer. Likewise you can study the natural world while accepting it as a purely mechanical system without having to make asinine claims about your particular brand of faith in opposition to others.

Last edited by Iamamartianchurch : 08-15-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:49 PM #16
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
The only thing this video shows is how you idiots get suckered into fighting a losing battle. A theory describing any mechanical process the universe operates upon has **** all to do with God or Atheism, intrinsically. Anybody who conflates the study of the physical cosmos through the sciences with teleological positions on the material or metaphysical nature of the cosmos is a fool. The creationists are worst because they play right into the hand of the atheist who insists that religious text must be taken at literal and face value. Which has led to some asinine god of gaps strategy and retarded **** like this video.

It's entirely possible to study the natural world through the sciences while accepting that you are understanding Gods work. You do not have to Dick around looking for marks left by Gods cosmic hammer. Likewise you can study the natural world while accepting it as a purely mechanical system without having to make asinine claims about your particular brand of faith in opposition to others.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:32 AM #17
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Interesting article and website. Thanks.

But I am not sure it confirms what you obtained from it.

Quote:
Turns out Europeans and Asians may be the least "genetically pure" homo-sapiens.
Other information I have read suggests two theories regarding the 'extinction' of Neanderthals.

Darwinistic theory that they just could not compete for resources and died out or killed off.

The other that they just interbred enough with the Hominids to just fade away as a distinct species. This article supports that theory in part.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Both occurred.

You don't have to......

Last edited by Boom Master : 08-16-2013 at 06:38 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:14 AM #18
Boom Master
Scenario Player

You know some of the science vs religion is not that far apart. The atomic theorists have calculated what happened down to nanoseconds AFTER the Big Bang occurred. When time, space, gravity came into existence. Beyond me how you can do that with math but whatever, there WAS a moment of CREATION. according to the most widely accepted theory. From Nothing .... became Everything. The physical laws of nature, mass, energy, etc. from nothing.

So far, I have not heard any theory from a theoritical physicist to explain how that could occur. They seemed to be stumped about that moment of creation. They just might have to concede it was an act of God until they can come up with a viable explanation.

Evolution vs Adam and Eve.

With genetic science they are able to determine by genetic similarities and mutations that occur at a fairly fixed rate how many generations one has to go back to estimate when you and I had a common ancestor.

Well, they took it back all the way and found something interesting. They have data to suggest that the Human Species was down to less than 500 mating pairs. We were almost extinct. Certainly endangered. Add a little statistical error and we could have literally been down to Adam and Eve for all practical purposes. They were living in an extremely favorable stable, environment (Garden of Eden) that allowed us to survive as a species.

We were very lucky or somebody was looking out for us.

They were very surprised to discover that the Human Genome have very little genetic diversity compared to other primates. Again supporting that we almost went extinct.

We evolved from a very narrow gene pool. AND/OR the same genetic science and data also supports that we were created.

They have identified at least 4 different humanoid species. Neanderthal was one. They all went extinct except for ONE and we almost didn't make it either. The lingering question is WHY, HOW did we make it and the others didn't. Intelligence? Development of Language? Ability to use and make tools and adapt our environment, build shelters, etc. Things you and I take for granted and if you think about it a bit would be significant survival advantages for an otherwise unremarkable animal.

Back in Africa, we were NOT the top of the food chain. We can't run very fast, can't see as well, can't smell as well, no fangs, no claws, LOW reproductive rates, etc. Simply, we were an easy meal for a predator which our world was full of. How did we survive at all?

I will look up and post a link for a show I saw "How we became Human"

It was very interesting and thought provoking to hear the theories about HOW we might have survived and other homind species did not.

You don't have to......

Last edited by Boom Master : 08-16-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:00 AM #19
Lampoon

Quote:
http://www.dailytech.com/Neanderthal...ticle22555.htm

Braces for pro-asian rant
Yeah man, isn't that great? Our immune systems are pretty good stuff!

I wonder if my family tree has Neanderthal in it. Probably no way of finding out, which is too bad. I don't get sick that often, so maybe. if you look at Neanderthals, they had sorta squinty eyes and were not that tall, so Asians fit that description pretty well.

What a great article that was. See the picture of the guy below the Geico caveman? He looks just like a Neanderthal. Those people haven't changed much. But that is only proof of evolution, not how we were created. Nobody knows, but it could of been a group of god like people.
Lampoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:00 AM #20
Umami
Mad as a hatter

Quote:
Neanderthals evolved into monkeys probably.
Quote:
I wonder if my family tree has Neanderthal in it. Probably no way of finding out, which is too bad.
Man, you have a lot of trouble getting **** right.

In the modern day, we have access to a service called Google. It's called a search engine, and it goes out to the web and creates big indexes of a relatively small portion of the web, but enough to search effectively. Using Google, I was able to find services such as:

http://dna.ancestry.com/?s_kwcid=gen...o _sch=Search

http://www.dnaancestryproject.com/in...token=__NONE__

http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/n...sting+ancestry

https://www.23andme.com/

Have fun!

Last edited by Umami : 08-16-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:09 AM #21
Iamamartianchurch

People are still using the Out of Africa model? Dang.