Annual Supporting Member
dehr plays in the USPL
dehr donated to help Peyton Trent
dehr supports Bob Gurnsey
dehr supports our troops
dehr is an NCPA player
dehr is Boss
dehr is Immortal
any opinions on trading my transformer for a galaxy tab 2 7inch? is it a good trade? how much cash should i have him add? i dont really care about the size difference as either is pretty much going to be just for having powerpoints and pdf's open in class and what not
Old 08-10-2013, 02:59 PM #45
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2

I don't think I'd do that, personally.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:15 PM #46
dehr
#1 POSTER

Annual Supporting Member
dehr plays in the USPL
dehr supports our troops
dehr is an NCPA player
dehr is Boss
dehr is Immortal
well he is offering the tab 7.0 and $100. i am thinking about it. in my usage, the only thing i really see losing is the keyboard dock. but since i thinking of getting a dell xps with dock anyways that isn't too big to me
Old 08-10-2013, 03:26 PM #47
Artimis

Artimis is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Artimis owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by dehr View Post
any opinions on trading my transformer for a galaxy tab 2 7inch? is it a good trade? how much cash should i have him add? i dont really care about the size difference as either is pretty much going to be just for having powerpoints and pdf's open in class and what not
I wouldn't do it.

BTW, I just loaded the new CROMI-X ROM on my TF700 and liking it so far. May be something to look into if you want to breathe some new life into it in the meantime.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:42 PM #48
dehr
#1 POSTER

Annual Supporting Member
dehr plays in the USPL
dehr supports our troops
dehr is an NCPA player
dehr is Boss
dehr is Immortal
I have had absolutely no luck in loading different Roms on the tablet which is part of the reason I want to get rid of it. Along with the fact I am not happy at all with the performance of the tegra 3
Old 08-10-2013, 04:21 PM #49
Artimis

What problems have you been having? Is it the Tegra3 that's bothering you or the crappy I/O speeds due to ASUS' poor choice in components?

I ask because CROMIX got around the I/O issues. If it weren't for the magic behind that ROM, I probably would have gotten rid of the tablet as well.

All I'm saying is try loading it up while your deciding on what to do with it. Couldn't hurt......if you are already unlocked with a custom recovery, start at step 2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2223492

Worst case, you may be doing the next owner a favor having this ROM preinstalled ;-)
Old 08-10-2013, 04:24 PM #50
dehr
#1 POSTER

Annual Supporting Member
dehr plays in the USPL
dehr supports our troops
dehr is an NCPA player
dehr is Boss
dehr is Immortal
probably a little bit of both. if i restart the tablet, then it runs nice and fine for a while. fast and snappy. but then if it just sits around for a little and i go back to use it then it is slow and laggy

as far as problems, i can't seem to get twrp onto the tablet so i haven't really been able to go past that
Old 08-10-2013, 04:28 PM #51
Artimis

Quote:
probably a little bit of both. if i restart the tablet, then it runs nice and fine for a while. fast and snappy. but then if it just sits around for a little and i go back to use it then it is slow and laggy

as far as problems, i can't seem to get twrp onto the tablet so i haven't really been able to go past that

There is a flashable zip in the link I posted to upgrade the bootloader and flash TWRP. I flashed it through an old version of CWM and it worked like a charm. As far as lag, I run LagFix free once a week (included with CROMIX) and that keeps things running smoothly. It's essentially a defrag app for solid state memory (fstrim).
Old 08-10-2013, 04:48 PM #52
dehr
#1 POSTER

Annual Supporting Member
dehr plays in the USPL
dehr supports our troops
dehr is an NCPA player
dehr is Boss
dehr is Immortal
ok, i think i got TWRP installed. whats the best way to check?

edit: nevermind, it is on. going to try to get cromi onto it now. thank you so far, ill let you know if i run into any problems
Old 08-10-2013, 04:49 PM #53
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2

Attempt to boot into recovery.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:52 PM #54
Artimis

Quote:
ok, i think i got TWRP installed. whats the best way to check?

edit: nevermind, it is on. going to try to get cromi onto it now. thank you so far, ill let you know if i run into any problems
Awesome. One thing to keep in mind with CROMIX is to let it settle for about 30 min after install for the performance benefits to become apparent. The longer it runs, the smoother it usually is (which is the complete opposite of most ROMs).

Oh, and I recommend using _that's kernel.

Last edited by Artimis : 08-10-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:55 PM #55
dehr
#1 POSTER

Annual Supporting Member
dehr plays in the USPL
dehr supports our troops
dehr is an NCPA player
dehr is Boss
dehr is Immortal
alright, i am a little confused on which link to use to download cromi to put it on my sd card. it has all the deodex and odex links and then different mirror numbers after them. is that what i am looking for? and if so, does it matter which one i download?
Old 08-10-2013, 04:56 PM #56
diablodow
The fluffy snake player

diablodow supports Cereal Killerz 2
diablodow is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimis View Post
Awesome. One thing to keep in mind with CROMIX is to let it settle for about 30 min after install for the performance benefits to become apparent. The longer it runs, the smoother it usually is (which is the complete opposite of most ROMs).
I just flashed thus on my tf700 and wow. What kernel you using? I'm on modified stock with fsync off and way way better than 10.1.2 and my battery life is tolerable again so it seems.

Flashed pacman to my s4 and it feels weird having aosp again but I will probably keep it til nitro releases 1.6. Smaller fonts make the screen feel wayy bigger.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:58 PM #57
diablodow
The fluffy snake player

Quote:
alright, i am a little confused on which link to use to download cromi to put it on my sd card. it has all the deodex and odex links and then different mirror numbers after them. is that what i am looking for? and if so, does it matter which one i download?
Odex vs. Deodex is personal preference I will try to dig up the difference but deodex is a but more snappy. The mirror is just the same thing but where it downloads from. #2 worked really fast for me so try that one.

deodex vs odex

Last edited by diablodow : 08-10-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:58 PM #58
dehr
#1 POSTER

Annual Supporting Member
dehr plays in the USPL
dehr supports our troops
dehr is an NCPA player
dehr is Boss
dehr is Immortal
other than unlocking the bootloader and having root for a brief moment on my s4 to put xposed on, i think i am going to keep it pretty stock as i like the overall stock feel of it. just want to delete a lot of the crap stock apps on it

alright, cool. ill try deodex 2 then. from what i was reading, one of them has the files stored differently than the other
Old 08-10-2013, 05:02 PM #59
Artimis

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablodow View Post
I just flashed thus on my tf700 and wow. What kernel you using? I'm on modified stock with fsync off and way way better than 10.1.2 and my battery life is tolerable again so it seems.

Flashed pacman to my s4 and it feels weird having aosp again but I will probably keep it til nitro releases 1.6. Smaller fonts make the screen feel wayy bigger.
I'm using _that's modified stock kernel with fsync enabled. Haven't had the guts to try fsync disabled yet.

Are you using _that's modified stock kernel or sdbags? I haven't had a chance to thoroughly evaluate battery life yet but I used _that's kernel on an older CROMI ROM before and was very happy with battery life.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:04 PM #60
dehr
#1 POSTER

Annual Supporting Member
dehr plays in the USPL
dehr supports our troops
dehr is an NCPA player
dehr is Boss
dehr is Immortal
well i have about 20 minutes of download time to download the file

if i am understanding correctly, just extract the files to my SD card when it is done downloading, boot in recovery and install it from there?
Old 08-10-2013, 05:07 PM #61
Artimis

Quote:

if i am understanding correctly, just extract the files to my SD card when it is done downloading, boot in recovery and install it from there?
Nothing to extract. Keep the zip file as-is. Doesn't matter if it's on internal memory or the card.

Yes, just boot into recovery and install. The aroma installer will walk you through the setup and let you pick your options (wizard style)
Old 08-10-2013, 05:08 PM #62
diablodow
The fluffy snake player

Quote:
I'm using _that's modified stock kernel with fsync enabled. Haven't had the guts to try fsync disabled yet.

Are you using _that's modified stock kernel or sdbags? I haven't had a chance to thoroughly evaluate battery life yet but I used _that's kernel on an older CROMI ROM before and was very happy with battery life.

_that's with fsync disabled. Just make a nandroid and try it. Battery is about 92% with a bit over and hour of having a PDF open.

Quote:

Just move the zip to your SD card boot to twrp and install it from there. Its AROMA install so you get to pick and choose what you wanted loaded onto your ROM right away.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:09 PM #63
dehr
#1 POSTER

Annual Supporting Member
dehr plays in the USPL
dehr supports our troops
dehr is an NCPA player
dehr is Boss
dehr is Immortal
Quote:
Nothing to extract. Keep the zip file as-is. Doesn't matter if it's on internal memory or the card.

Yes, just boot into recovery and install. The aroma installer will walk you through the setup and let you pick your options (wizard style)
perfect. so when it downloads i can just drag the whole folder onto the memory and go from there?
Closed Thread