PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 08:29 AM #211
BigPumpPlayer

BigPumpPlayer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Looks wonderful. I have been up and way down on my invasion and was about done with alien but this screams second chance. It's all about the shot though. The bolt does not worry me but I need efficiency and smooth shot. I was leaning lv1 for next year but if this is comparable shot quality to that beauty, I'm in. I have a soft spot for unique markers and less common is a pro to me.
Phantom VSC Custom Pump
"I Fight YOU!!! Pew Pew!"
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2013, 08:29 AM #212
J-Rod904

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
That actually looks nice, however I usually have some salt to throw around with my limited praise.

Why go with grips unique to the marker, but a board used by someone else?
There are barely any aftermarket grips available anymore, not having a industry standard or atleast some companies sharing molds only ends up hurting the customer in the long run.

Secondly, is the gripframe rounded off or is it a run of the mill blocky spurlock design?

The last grain is at the exposed bolt and o-rings, sand and such will eat that thing up!
I don't agree with everything but i do with the Bolt so exposed wow!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 08:58 AM #213
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Great looking marker aside from the exposed bolt. I cannot get over that no matter how hard I try from both an aesthetic and functional standpoint.
Because many (most) don't read much of the post in front of them - I will say this a few times.
1. Old School'ers all remember many of the Cockers had lots of cut's exposing the bolts - never a problem.
2. Somewhere it got put out that Bolts "should" be sealed. Not true - almost all double stacked have exposed bolts - just look in front of the pin when the bolt is back - just that is more hidden. If the bolt is open at the top it's open. Bolts have been open for 20 years - it's OK.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:06 AM #214
specopsdeath2
DANGER ZONE

Annual Supporting Member
specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is an NCPA player
specopsdeath2 plays in the APPA D3 division
specopsdeath2 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
Jack, people are just not used to having a bolt THAT much exposed. Compared to other guns, its much more so than everything else. Change worries people, but I believe this will be fine for sure.

Very excited for this Jack. Any word on what type of board it will be? And I am assuming the trigger is going to be a critical like every other Alien, correct?
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
Old 08-13-2013, 09:16 AM #215
BatmanLiera

Dominant
Old 08-13-2013, 09:26 AM #216
allout2
unsung zero

allout2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
allout2 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
allout2 is attending Decay of Nations VI
allout2 supports DLX Technology
Reminds me of an Impulse.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:28 AM #217
Megadestructo
Pixel Pusher

Annual Supporting Member
Megadestructo plays in the PSP
Megadestructo plays in the APPA D4 division
Megadestructo is Boss
Now that's a sexy render.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:37 AM #218
Lemi Died

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlarson11 View Post
The only 'Deception' coming from Alien is every one of their marker performance claims...
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianevil09 View Post
MIGHT BE VERY NICE. Axe only competitor is a Tippmann. They suck
Just going to bunch these two together here. #trollpigpen

Looking forward to this gun! Love that color scheme and the Invasion has made me a believer. And the trigger on the invasion was/is the nicest I have ever personally used.

Also, not only is the Crossover a solid competetor, but Etek 4 is also in that price range. And I would take either over an Axe
Live in or around Central Alabama and want to run with a group of people to scenario and recreational games? Want a solid group of players interested in playing the game? We are The Conglomerate, a new group designed to bring people together to play. Whether it is just yourself or a group, for one game or many, contact us for info!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:31 AM #219
SilentBall55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
Because many (most) don't read much of the post in front of them - I will say this a few times.
1. Old School'ers all remember many of the Cockers had lots of cut's exposing the bolts - never a problem.
2. Somewhere it got put out that Bolts "should" be sealed. Not true - almost all double stacked have exposed bolts - just look in front of the pin when the bolt is back - just that is more hidden. If the bolt is open at the top it's open. Bolts have been open for 20 years - it's OK.
Cockers that had those huge cut out was a novelty and only few bought them. Problem or no problem, I don't like it. I would think you want the Deception to be more successful.

Everyone here likes the Deception, but many have indicated dislike for the exposed bolt. Covering it up will make "everyone" happy.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:33 AM #220
BigPumpPlayer

BigPumpPlayer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
^ no argument about the invasion trigger being amazing and I hope this stays like that, looks great.

One thing I would like to see but not a gripe at all is if the barrel had a unique porting design, such as the invasion prototype arrows or better yet go with DNA style crossing spirals. Would be hot!
Phantom VSC Custom Pump
"I Fight YOU!!! Pew Pew!"
Old 08-13-2013, 10:36 AM #221
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPumpPlayer View Post
^ no argument about the invasion trigger being amazing and I hope this stays like that, looks great.

One thing I would like to see but not a gripe at all is if the barrel had a unique porting design, such as the invasion prototype arrows or better yet go with DNA style crossing spirals. Would be hot!
Think KEE has the SP patent on spiral porting.

WTB cocker pneus, slider & Karni FB

Jack Wood:
And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:39 AM #222
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
Think KEE has the SP patent on spiral porting.
On unidirectional spiral porting.

The only issue I see with dual direction spiral porting is that it would be a ***** to aesthetically balance out. I see either too much space between them that you can't really tell what it is without knowing beforehand, or not enough space so that it looks jumbled and you can't really tell what it is without knowing beforehand.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:39 AM #223
nckn8tr

About how much do you think its gonna cost?
Old 08-13-2013, 10:48 AM #224
HollowLefty
Falls down a lot

This looks really exciting. I love using unorthodox gear and this fits the bill for sure. The field I'm at now absolutely everyone shoots bob long or dp, it would be great so show up with something off the wall that gets the job done. Still want to know more about the not poppet system though. Good work so far and looking forward to seeing more
Old 08-13-2013, 11:03 AM #225
teammaxx
TeamMaxx

teammaxx plays in the APPA D4 division
I've been an Alien believer since 06. Loved the Invasion so much I bought two (one as a backup). It's my favorite Poppit to shoot over the rest of the field and I have Ego10, Ego11, GSR11, GSR12, DP Fusion FX, Etek.

All that being said, so far LV1 has been surprisingly different to shoot compared to any other Poppit and the Vanquish is like a better Luxe (IMO of course) but I am excited for the Deception in terms of some possible innovations in the market of markers.

The bolt does not bother me in the least but I'm an old schooler that understands what Jack is saying about older markers and we just played regardless of rain, snow, sand, etc. It worked out fine 99% of the time.

Hoping for some interesting colors like this one and want to see an Alien stock with LCD please.

Jack, maybe a hint if it will be out in time to be under my Christmas Tree this year?
Team Sponsors: www.hustlepaintball.com www.trademygun.com
Old 08-13-2013, 11:12 AM #226
Mr. Stealthy

I wish Jack accepted private messages so I could bombard him with questions about the gun.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:44 AM #227
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
I wish Jack accepted private messages so I could bombard him with questions about the gun.
Just post them here. He's been good about answering.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:03 PM #228
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
I've read the entire thread and your responses. I'm an old-school player and have built many a cockers. I've probably built and sold at least 20 on WGP, Freeflow, and AKA bodies. I never built any of the bodies with huge breach windows or exposed bolts for good reason. I currently shoot an 06 Cyborg (Merlin extrusion). Its bolt is exposed at the back 1/4.....breach orings remain inside the body through the entire cycle. My Legend's rear upper tube is exposed all the way through but there are no orings on that bolt. If there were breach orings, they would never be exposed.

Those don't bother me a bit. Your exposed orings do.

Maybe it's my 'old-school' taste that's probably never going to adjust when it comes to such a feature but like I said, it's aesthetically weird on an otherwise very pleasing marker. Functionally, the benefits of leaving those orings wrapped in aluminum outweighs leaving them exposed. Just my opinion on the matter.

I know, I'm not a paintball marker designer so what is my input worth? But I do consult in design and engineering projects in another field in which aesthetics and functionality are both taken into account. That one feature just doesn't pass my judgement. But I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong in one way or another.

Regardless of that, I'm still very eager to see how this thing clicks. Pneumatics and mechanics are a couple of my favorite subjects and I'm always excited to see new approaches to putting paintballs on their targets.

Last edited by imped4now : 08-13-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:10 PM #229
XKE

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
XKE plays in the APPA D1 division
I like the bolt cut, just because it is something relatively novel.

I am not super interested in the marker, but at least it has a nice looking render!

James Butts fan club #1-100
Old 08-13-2013, 12:27 PM #230
JoepSantaniello
Let's operate, bro.

JoepSantaniello plays in the APPA D5 division
JoepSantaniello supports DLX Technology
Looks like this is going to be my first purchase from Alien
Old 08-13-2013, 12:42 PM #231
SilentBall55

DESIGN IDEA - Exposed bolt with no o-ring exposed

Jack,

I have a design suggestion. Keep the exposed bolt milling design but...

Mill a o-ring recess/pocket around the inlet hole of the bolt where an o-ring can sit. This way, the o-ring can exist but complete below the expose bolt surfaces and still have blow back control.
Closed Thread

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.