Critikalstrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Critikalstrike supports DLX Technology
This is sick!
Critikalstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2013, 06:22 PM #44
VikingSIU

Hey, I thought the Citadel was in French not in Belgium?
PS: The Goat is in the Moat
VikingSIU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:28 PM #45
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Leech View Post

I DEMAND A MOAT AROUND MY HOME.
What's stopping you? Get to digging!
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:29 PM #46
Somnambulistz
DirtyDeeds,DoneWithSheep

Annual Supporting Member
yeah this is great! i'm a pre-pubecent moron who likes shiney castles and playing paintball! YAYYYYYY (drool starts).

you have to be kidding me, an obvious historic landmark, has been rented by a bunch of bravado seeking retards to play paintball, doesn't anyone see how asinine and absolutely stupid that is?

what's next? paintball on the anniversary of the battle of gettysburg on in the national park where its designated? How about we all go to Valley Forge and paint that up too. Oh even better, let's all go play paintball in Arlington National Cemetery, be a real cool image of our hobby for the world.

20+ years in paintball, and this crap just keeps going and going.....

not to mention playing in a military site that people who served (whether that be for whose side) (all Citadels in the Gaul mainland were guarded and had garrisons) is goddamn disrespectful, servicemen and military respect first even if it was developed in the pre-enlightenment era.

and i like even better:

"ONLY PLAYERS WHO ARE PHYSICALLY FIT CAN ATTEND"

that's nice, very inclusive, ya have to be buff with a 6 pack to desecrate a historic site.....

PBN SOCCER THREAD (SPORTS) LIVERPOOL F.C.

"i know that it must totally suck to be a black man nurse trapped in a white man's body but the white devil and i have our own paternity problems to deal with, i need my step fathers sperm......."

Last edited by Somnambulistz : 08-06-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Somnambulistz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:31 PM #47
skbg21
classic

Annual Supporting Member
wow!! now that's a location! how awesome would this be to play
skbg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:37 PM #48
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnambulistz View Post
yeah this is great! i'm a pre-pubecent moron who likes shiney castles and playing paintball! YAYYYYYY (drool starts).

you have to be kidding me, an obvious historic landmark, has been rented by a bunch of bravado seeking retards to play paintball, doesn't anyone see how asinine and absolutely stupid that is?

what's next? paintball on the anniversary of the battle of gettysburg on in the national park where its designated? How about we all go to Valley Forge and paint that up too. Oh even better, let's all go play paintball in Arlington National Cemetery, be a real cool image of our hobby for the world.

not to mention playing in a military site that people who served (whether that be for whose side) (all Citadels in the Gaul mainland were guarded and had garrisons) is goddamn disrespectful, servicemen and military respect first even if it was developed in the pre-enlightenment era.

and i like even better:

that's nice, very inclusive, ya have to be buff with a 6 pack to desecrate a historic site.....
I kinda have to agree with you on this point. Then again, that's up to whoever owns it. If they rent it out to whoever pays them money, then you should be angry at them, not the people who rent it.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:08 PM #49
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:

and i like even better:

Someone call the waaaaaambulance.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:09 PM #50
Timboy

Quote:

a pre-pubecent moron who likes shiney castles

rented by a bunch of bravado seeking retards

I take issue with this statement.

The castle is in no way shiney. Hundreds of years of weathering have reduced the stone work to more of a dull grey as opposed to any shine. However, I will concede that it does glisten somewhat when wet.

No argument with the rest of it though ;-)
Timboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:28 PM #51
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 is an NCPA player
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D5 division
Thumbs down

Quote:

and i like even better:

QFT.

I'm center to right-winged politically but even I have to think of the historical value and potential damage that a paintball game can have on a one-of-a-kind location that people actually fought and died over (and those that likely died building it).

They better do a good job of restoring the site after the game. It would be a tremendous shame if the players caused any irreparable damage.

"If you're not shooting, moving or talking, you shouldn't be on the field."-Tyler Michaud
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE Pilot
soccerguy243 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:32 PM #52
AKAMedia
AKActionMedia

AKAMedia plays in the PSP
AKAMedia owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AKAMedia posts videos on PbNation
AKAMedia plays in the APPA D4 division
OMG I WOULD LOVE TO FILM THIS!!!! This just looks like soo much fun! and could make a great video

Proud Sponsors
Style Supply
ProPaintball
AKA
AKAMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:33 PM #53
dominantgazelle
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

dominantgazelle plays in the APPA D4 division
dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
dominantgazelle supports DLX Technology
How often do you guys host somethingl ike this?
dominantgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:39 PM #54
paintballer50505
DONT TAKE THIS AVATAR

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:

and i like even better:

I think the physically fit part has to do with getting your *** up a 120 foot ladder or jumping from an airplane... I cant see a 300 pound out of shape individual doing either of those things which you need to do to play this game...

Sponsored By:
TopGun Paintball
KEE / empire
BigEvilOnline
FloryPB
paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:41 PM #55
Robotech

Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Some of you guys DO understand what a citadel is, right? Pretty sure a structure that has stood for 500 years, lasted through two world wars (the Germans did, after all, sweep through Belgium BOTH times), and was build with the idea of standing up to catapults, trebuchets, battering rams, arrows, swords and a few thousand pissed of invaders will deal with 150 paintball players okay.

Not like we're talking about playing in the Louvre or Versailles here.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:57 PM #56
DyeKidz
Pew Pew

Annual Supporting Member
Watch the preview video of the place. Pretty impressive.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:06 PM #57
NightKreeper

NightKreeper is a Supporting Member
NightKreeper plays in the PSP
NightKreeper plays in the APPA D4 division
That's bad ***!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timboy View Post
Only players who are physically fit are permitted to attend.
Except for that stupid part

Kick'n Paintball Park
NightKreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:20 PM #58
MikeBlahBlah
NJ Paintballer

MikeBlahBlah posts videos on PbNation
MikeBlahBlah is attending Decay of Nations VII
MikeBlahBlah supports DLX Technology
Omg!
You mean paintballs aren't biodegradable?
And they don't wash away in the rain?
And it's not only one game?
And that the cost to even rent it in the first place is probably more than enough to clean and also restore this site?
That's so crazy! You clearly have a good reason to me angry!

I'm sure the people that run and maintain this site know a hell of a lot more about it than you do and if they think it will be okay than who are you to *****?
MikeBlahBlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:28 PM #59
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 is an NCPA player
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBlahBlah View Post
Omg!
You mean paintballs aren't biodegradable? (that's why i see paintballs on the ground weekend after weekend)
And they don't wash away in the rain? (that's why I have stains on my clothing and car)
And it's not only one game?
And that the cost to even rent it in the first place is probably more than enough to clean and also restore this site? (conjecture)
That's so crazy! You clearly have a good reason to me angry!

I'm sure the people that run and maintain this site know a hell of a lot more about it than you do and if they think it will be okay than who are you to b*tch?
fixed.
But for the record people are allowed to have and to share their opinions (aka *****).

"If you're not shooting, moving or talking, you shouldn't be on the field."-Tyler Michaud
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE Pilot
soccerguy243 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:45 PM #60
crimsoneagle555
FOX SQUAD

crimsoneagle555 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
crimsoneagle555 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
crimsoneagle555 supports Team VICIOUS
crimsoneagle555 supports our troops
MOTHER OF GOD! would be epic to be part of this

USAF
Geisterjager
-BananaMan
Love the Life you Live and Live the Life you Love.
crimsoneagle555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:52 PM #61
Craptacular001
Bad Speler

Annual Supporting Member
Craptacular001 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Craptacular001 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Craptacular001 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Craptacular001 supports DLX Technology
Craptacular001 supports Empire
This is for all of us that just look at a majestic hillside and think... If I could just make it over there behind that rock I could have line of sight on the whole mountain.

Bad ***. I would love to do it. I'm fit "enough" to climb the ladders, but I'm not jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.
Craptacular001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:58 PM #62
MikeBlahBlah
NJ Paintballer

MikeBlahBlah posts videos on PbNation
MikeBlahBlah is attending Decay of Nations VII
MikeBlahBlah supports DLX Technology
Paintballs are completely biodegradable and will wash away from most surfaces with water or will vanish after a rainstorm. Paintballs are gelatin capsules filled with an oil or polyethylene glycol (the base of cough syrups) and food-coloring dye mixture. Both the shells and the fill will naturally biodegrade and will not leave lasting marks on the environment.
The only potential worry with paintballs is staining certain fabrics. I have found that certain brands of paintballs will stain certain light-colored fabrics. This is dependent upon the dye used in coloring the fill and the fabric. I have found that cheaper paints are more likely to stain white cotton or cotton/poly fabrics. I have never seen a paintball stain a dark-colored fabric. - (About.com)

I don't see any car paint here, and I don't think it's going to be wearing clothes either.
MikeBlahBlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:04 PM #63
Craptacular001
Bad Speler

Annual Supporting Member
Craptacular001 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Craptacular001 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Craptacular001 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Craptacular001 supports DLX Technology
Craptacular001 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerguy243 View Post
fixed.
But for the record people are allowed to have and to share their opinions (aka *****).
Paintballs are biodegradable. So are you and I, but we don't degrade after a weekend, or two or three.. This place has been there since well before we were here and it will be there well after we go. I think it can handle a few yokels messing around for a weekend.
Craptacular001 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups