Old 08-09-2013, 06:50 PM #22
Swizz
Sniper

Swizz is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Swizz plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by nePhantom View Post
RVP and Chicharito would be a good front line. I think Man Utd should go for another young fast striker and let RVP run free.
I agree but not yet. RVP is still solid. I say they buy Emmanuel Mayuka or Christian Benteke with the money from Rooney. Would be nice off the bench.
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2013, 07:09 PM #23
ubermick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnambulistz View Post
Swizz added bro

As for this epic bs with Suarez, someone please sell the lousy turd before Charlie has to go over and TP his house for the good of the world

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23610289
Hallelujah!! Not only is there a discussion of PROPER football on here, there's other Liverpool fans to boot. Phew!

Yeah, the Suarez saga is doing my head in. But have to love the stance of the club from top to bottom on this. From John Henry's statements yesterday, to Rodgers all along and now making him train on his own, and the players as well. It's a real thumb in the eye for us fans who stuck by him through all his shennanigans.

Either way, looks like he's staying, and if he wants the move he's moaning about, he'll have to buckle down and play his arse off for us this term.
ubermick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:13 PM #24
ubermick

Quote:
RVP and Chicharito would be a good front line. I think Man Utd should go for another young fast striker and let RVP run free.
Too similar. Hernandez barely leaves the penalty area, and Van Persie is more of an in-and-around-the-box type as well. That's why he worked so well with Rooney, Shrek would drop deep drawing the back line out, giving Van Persie space.

Either way, there's definitely got to be some squeaky bums around Old Trafford this summer. They've so far missed out on every target they've gone after (Thiago, Baines, Fellaini, Fabregas, and Ronaldo) and Moyes could very well turn them into the new Everton, with Ferguson having retired.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:22 PM #25
Swizz
Sniper

This is what I think the BPL will look like...

1. Man ****ty
2. Cheal****y
3. Liverpool
4. The Tots
5. Man Poo
6. Assanul

As much as I want 'Pool to win the BPL, I'm being real. I think we are going to have a year!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:29 PM #26
nePhantom
I love my Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermick View Post
Either way, there's definitely got to be some squeaky bums around Old Trafford this summer. They've so far missed out on every target they've gone after (Thiago, Baines, Fellaini, Fabregas, and Ronaldo) and Moyes could very well turn them into the new Everton, with Ferguson having retired.
I agree, this is a very worrying time to be a Utd fan. Ask a Utd fan if they are scared, and if they say no, theyre a liar or dont know a thing about football.

I wonder who Liverpool will pick up in the rest of the window, because I dont see this team making the top 4 without a lot of luck. We need a couple of defenders and a good attacker to finally replace Downing. Maybe move Downing to left back?

Ive also read reports of Barca trying to sign David Luiz. Chelsea cannot lose Luiz.

Last edited by nePhantom : 08-09-2013 at 08:33 PM.
nePhantom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:45 PM #27
Swizz
Sniper

Quote:
I agree, this is a very worrying time to be a Utd fan. Ask a Utd fan if they are scared, and if they say no, theyre a liar or dont know a thing about football.

I wonder who Liverpool will pick up in the rest of the window, because I dont see this team making the top 4 without a lot of luck. We need a couple of defenders and a good attacker to finally replace Downing. Maybe move Downing to left back?

Ive also read reports of Barca trying to sign David Luiz. Chelsea cannot lose Luiz.
We agreed to terms with Aly Cissoko!!! Clubs are working on transfer fee!
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...permanent-deal
Old 08-10-2013, 10:20 AM #28
vs.not allowed

vs.not allowed supports Cereal Killerz 2
vs.not allowed donated to help Peyton Trent
Anyone else read that RM is done bidding for bale? 80millon can buy a lot of good players but not when the transfer window is about closed. Levy made the right choice and hopefully the new signing can produce a top 3 team or at least win Europe.
vs.not allowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:25 PM #29
Swizz
Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vs.not allowed View Post
Anyone else read that RM is done bidding for bale? 80millon can buy a lot of good players but not when the transfer window is about closed. Levy made the right choice and hopefully the new signing can produce a top 3 team or at least win Europe.
I heard they offer 100mil for him and they still turned it down. Bale is amazing I don't think I would trade him for Christiano Ronaldo right now. I still think the Tots should have kept Modric and Taarabt.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:55 PM #30
ubermick

Interesting that - wonder if Madrid will turn their attention to Suarez now? At this point, I'd be glad to be rid of him - 50m and he's their problem, as long as they send something our way on loan or in part exchange.

Have to say, I think the money being offered for Bale is completely and utterly batarse. He's a handy player, but... 100m?!?!
Old 08-10-2013, 04:10 PM #31
Swizz
Sniper

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/102...-drags-on.html

It is insane!

Because of this we might get more money for Luis!
Old 08-11-2013, 10:45 PM #32
JohnnyBananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
This is what I think the BPL will look like...

1. Man ****ty
2. Cheal****y
3. Liverpool
4. The Tots
5. Man Poo
6. Assanul

As much as I want 'Pool to win the BPL, I'm being real. I think we are going to have a year!
You put 'pool at third and think you're being "real." I'll have some of whatever you're smoking please.
JohnnyBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:13 PM #33
nePhantom
I love my Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
Bale is amazing I don't think I would trade him for Christiano Ronaldo right now.
There is no way Bale is better than Ronaldo. He had an amazing half season last year. he was gone in the beginning and slightly at the end. I would take Modric over him any day.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:05 AM #34
Somnambulistz
DirtyDeeds,DoneWithSheep

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBananas View Post
You put 'pool at third and think you're being "real." I'll have some of whatever you're smoking please.
As a scouser through and through I want to believe 3rd or better is where we are going, the realist in me has to agree with Charlie.

I think maybe 4th or 5th, but we have a situation where we are only a little time before the season starts (5 days lol), we have a lead striker who refuses to apologize and has deliberately said he doesn't at all want to play for us. Yes we have some wonderful youth at the front, but Sturridge and Sterling have allot to mature into pushing goals in against top 4 teams. Suso is on loan, Reina has been replaced (on loan technically) and hopefully Coutinho will slide a ton of passes to whoever is up front and we'll hit the back of the net.

But remember too this is only the real second year of rebuilding after Rafa left, all else was well, we all remember Hodgson and thank god for King Kenny.

Give it time and have faith, and believe in the impossible, but as a person who knows reality is important too, have patience.

PBN SOCCER THREAD (SPORTS) LIVERPOOL F.C.

"i know that it must totally suck to be a black man nurse trapped in a white man's body but the white devil and i have our own paternity problems to deal with, i need my step fathers sperm......."
Somnambulistz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:14 AM #35
Swizz
Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnambulistz View Post
As a scouser through and through I want to believe 3rd or better is where we are going, the realist in me has to agree with Charlie.

I think maybe 4th or 5th, but we have a situation where we are only a little time before the season starts (5 days lol), we have a lead striker who refuses to apologize and has deliberately said he doesn't at all want to play for us. Yes we have some wonderful youth at the front, but Sturridge and Sterling have allot to mature into pushing goals in against top 4 teams. Suso is on loan, Reina has been replaced (on loan technically) and hopefully Coutinho will slide a ton of passes to whoever is up front and we'll hit the back of the net.

But remember too this is only the real second year of rebuilding after Rafa left, all else was well, we all remember Hodgson and thank god for King Kenny.

Give it time and have faith, and believe in the impossible, but as a person who knows reality is important too, have patience.
Honestly that is where I see Liverpool. I think this is the break out year. Drama aside with Luis. Our youth has the potential to be very special. Coutinho, Sterling, and Sturridge. Lucas stays healthy he is clutch, and we have Gerrard. Defenders are a little shaky but not bad by any means.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:17 AM #36
Swizz
Sniper

Quote:
There is no way Bale is better than Ronaldo. He had an amazing half season last year. he was gone in the beginning and slightly at the end. I would take Modric over him any day.
Haha I might have stretched that a bit but Bale is 24 compared to 28 for Ronaldo. 8 years or 4 years for a player. I'm a guy that would take the youth.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:03 PM #37
nePhantom
I love my Cheese

I would've taken a 24 year old Ronaldo as well. But wow, Luis Suarez is a cancer, lets sell him to a team in Europe ASAP. Or stick him in the reserves and auction him off to the highest bidder in Jan.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:04 PM #38
SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA
Darwin is watching you.

SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I actually don't want to sell Suarez.

This is the first time in this century that a Liverpool OWNER and MANAGER have collectedly told every single club in the world to **** OFF. It is absolutely what we needed. Suarez, like it or not, will play hard because if he doesn't Uruguay will not select him (look at Tevez).

I'm extremely happy and Henry has the money to spend, but he wants Rogers to select the player. Sadly this is an issue, Rogers saw how bust signings can lead to a sacking so he is biding his time.

Onwards and upwards.

51st Orca Street Hustlers
SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:11 PM #39
nePhantom
I love my Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA View Post
I actually don't want to sell Suarez.

This is the first time in this century that a Liverpool OWNER and MANAGER have collectedly told every single club in the world to **** OFF. It is absolutely what we needed. Suarez, like it or not, will play hard because if he doesn't Uruguay will not select him (look at Tevez).

I'm extremely happy and Henry has the money to spend, but he wants Rogers to select the player. Sadly this is an issue, Rogers saw how bust signings can lead to a sacking so he is biding his time.

Onwards and upwards.
Thats a good post. Players think they are above clubs and can terminate their contracts at will. You sign the contract and take the money, and the club owns your *** for the duration of the contract. Whats not to understand?

Still, if a player doesnt want to play for the team its a cancer on the teams chemistry. Like I said many times before, stick him in the reserves until January and get rid of him after you bring in a couple of players and his replacement.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:25 PM #40
Vegas Baby

Came in the mail yesterday.

Last edited by Vegas Baby : 08-13-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Vegas Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:04 PM #41
nePhantom
I love my Cheese

I have one of those too! I use it to scrub my toilet. Really gets the **** stains out

In all honesty, a lot of United fans hate that jersey but I think they look good
Old 08-13-2013, 04:19 PM #42
Vegas Baby

I love it. Going to try and get this years away. Blue looks better
Vegas Baby is offline   Reply With Quote