Community Focus

Old 08-31-2013, 10:39 PM #85
sobersteve323
Budget Baller

sobersteve323 is attending Decay of Nations VII
sobersteve323 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Soldier View Post
That's good to hear, the problem is that sometimes their own people are not always up to date on what's going on with their promotions, but as long as you have proof that it exists, then it's all good!
Thankfully I took screenshots of the Facebook posts on my phone since they asked me to email it to them!
sobersteve323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2013, 10:15 AM #86
Gadget Soldier
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Gadget Soldier owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Gadget Soldier supports our troops
Gadget Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:08 PM #87
GhostJedai
I push buttons

Annual Supporting Member
GhostJedai is BST Trusted
GhostJedai has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai is Legendary
GhostJedai is attending Decay of Nations VII
GhostJedai supports Empire
Quote:
TL;DR.
Christ Krew #17

GhostJedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:43 AM #88
805PB

805PB is playing at Living Legends VII
805PB is attending Decay of Nations VII
Anybody staying here for Decay Of Nations 7???? http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hot...-DT/index.html

Or at least close to it?
805PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:05 PM #89
ace_austin

Question about paint; I get it is FPO for 0.68 cal.
What, if any are the restrictions on paint grenades? Are ones bought at the field the only ones allowed, or are homemade ones with a certain color fill allowed?
First Strike rounds, also FPO, or are ones purchased elsewhere allowed?
Are markers that fire 0.43 (RAP, Kingman) allowed, and if so is paint for them on hand for sale?
Final question, non paint related... is there a digital copy of the game map out there yet? Thanks for the help.
ace_austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:55 AM #90
Gadget Soldier
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

There will be a meeting with Gio and the staff of Giant later today and I will ask questions that I cannot answer at this time. My answers are in blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_austin View Post
Question about paint;
I get it is FPO for 0.68 cal.

What, if any are the restrictions on paint grenades? Are ones bought at the field the only ones allowed, or are homemade ones with a certain color fill allowed?
I don't think that there are any restrictions on store bought grenades. Although I don't have a answer at the moment, I have a feeling that homemade grenades will not be allowed. I will ask this question.

As of right now 09/09/2013, your own First Strike Rounds are allowed as well as available for purchase at the event. If there are any changes to this information, it will get posted.

Are markers that fire 0.43 (RAP, Kingman) allowed, and if so is paint for them on hand for sale?
More than likely they are allowed and have to be chronoed like every marker out there. In regards to paint availability, I will ask if there will be paint available for purchase.

Final question, non paint related... is there a digital copy of the game map out there yet?
Right now, the only digital copy of the game map is on the flyer in the first post. A paper copy of the map is usually added to the player packet that you get when you check-in. I will see about getting a digital version of the map online.

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:19 PM #91
WolfKnivesPaintball
WolfKnives Paintball

WolfKnivesPaintball is attending Decay of Nations VII
Anyone know if we are getting a Patch again? Didnt see them say anywhere we will get one this year like last?
Old 09-09-2013, 01:25 PM #92
805PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfKnivesPaintball View Post
Anyone know if we are getting a Patch again? Didnt see them say anywhere we will get one this year like last?

Yes there will be, they posted the patches for both sides on Instagram.
805PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:02 PM #93
Gadget Soldier
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just met with Giant and my answer will be in Green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_austin View Post
Question about paint;
I get it is FPO for 0.68 cal.

I don't think that there are any restrictions on store bought grenades. Although I don't have a answer at the moment, I have a feeling that homemade grenades will not be allowed. I will ask this question.

More than likely they are allowed and have to be chronoed like every marker out there. In regards to paint availability, I will ask if there will be paint available for purchase.

Ok here is the clarification for the grenades and .50 paint. They will be event paint only and will be available for purchase at the field, but will not be available for pre-purchase online. The prices will be posted soon.

For the .43 caliber paint, that can be brought in from the outside.

As of right now 09/09/2013, your own First Strike Rounds are allowed as well as available for purchase at the event. If there are any changes to this information, it will get posted.

Confirmed the above.

Final question, non paint related... is there a digital copy of the game map out there yet?
Right now, the only digital copy of the game map is on the flyer in the first post. A paper copy of the map is usually added to the player packet that you get when you check-in. I will see about getting a digital version of the map online.

Right now they are working on making a map that will be posted eventually.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Gadget Soldier : 09-10-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:28 PM #94
805PB

Smile

DON7 Roster

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AqtlOP1sXEz5dDlnWExqVlg2U1Fxc2tHeTdJa3NEb 0E&output=html
Old 09-12-2013, 01:01 PM #95
WolfKnivesPaintball
WolfKnives Paintball

WolfKnivesPaintball is attending Decay of Nations VII
Looks like the weather forecast is getting better and better every day. Weather.com is forecasting Corona to be Fri 85 and Sat 83. I imagine sunday will be similar. Getting excited it wont be dehydration Nation Vii
Old 09-12-2013, 01:43 PM #96
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Man I hope it stays like this...will be great paintball weather!
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:27 PM #97
Gadget Soldier
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfKnivesPaintball View Post
Looks like the weather forecast is getting better and better every day. Weather.com is forecasting Corona to be Fri 85 and Sat 83. I imagine sunday will be similar. Getting excited it wont be dehydration Nation Vii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
Man I hope it stays like this...will be great paintball weather!
ya but even in that weather, unprepared players can still get dehydrated.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:29 PM #98
DocKins

DocKins is attending Decay of Nations VII
This will be my first scenario in over 10 years and I had a couple questions. I see the schedule listed on the flyer, but I can find virtually no information on what's actually going on. For example the schedule shows Commander's Battle, Blood Bath, Night Conflict, etc...but I can not find any information on what these events actually are or what is involved. I've been checking all the main sites and threads involving DoN7, but I cannot find anything. Can anyone point me in the direction of more detailed info?
DocKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:16 PM #99
paintball-is-life13
Hello

paintball-is-life13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintball-is-life13 is attending Decay of Nations VI
paintball-is-life13 is attending Decay of Nations VII
cant wait till this week is over
Old 09-15-2013, 08:09 PM #100
805PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball-is-life13 View Post
cant wait till this week is over
I am feeling the same way.....i have a good feeling that the week is gonna drag on though.....
Old 09-15-2013, 10:18 PM #101
sobersteve323
Budget Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocKins View Post
This will be my first scenario in over 10 years and I had a couple questions. I see the schedule listed on the flyer, but I can find virtually no information on what's actually going on. For example the schedule shows Commander's Battle, Blood Bath, Night Conflict, etc...but I can not find any information on what these events actually are or what is involved. I've been checking all the main sites and threads involving DoN7, but I cannot find anything. Can anyone point me in the direction of more detailed info?
Same here, been trying to find that same info.

Gadget, any updates on the rules as well?
Old 09-15-2013, 10:56 PM #102
Gadget Soldier
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocKins View Post
The Commander's battle is what it's called, a Commander's Battle. Generals on both sides with their XO's will do a pre-game skirmish to give something for their troops to cheer for. As far as I know you have to be an XO to be apart of it and even request being on it. If you want to be an XO (and still looking for Cardinals) email paul@hollywoodsports.com and let him know what position you want to be and what side you will be playing for (OWF or EDM). There will be a mandatory XO and Cardinal meeting on Friday night.

The Blood Bath on Saturday and Final Battle on Sunday are essentially the same. Both give players a chance to not only win more points for their side, but give those players a chance to shoot off the rest of their paint that they don't want to take home. Especially for those players that are only playing on Saturday and not staying for the night game. (yes, those players exists)

Night conflict, well from what I have heard will take place in the lower fields, but I have not heard any more information on that. Typically, they do a more extensive safety briefing before the night game and will let players know the rules and objectives.

There are side events that take place during the event, except for the UWL which takes place on Friday and the Championship on Saturday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobersteve323 View Post
Same here, been trying to find that same info.

Gadget, any updates on the rules as well?

Soon (I hope lol). They may put it up early this coming week or at least a link to it. I'll ask about it tomorrow, but they are definitely planning on posting the rules. I'm sure the link will be up soon.

Last edited by Gadget Soldier : 09-15-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:21 AM #103
joshuadobie

joshuadobie owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
joshuadobie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
joshuadobie has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
joshuadobie is attending Decay of Nations VII
If you go solo will there be space to rest or put your stuff if you're getting dropped off? Such as tables or lockers? Will it be additional money? Will there still be those pesky waivers to sign? Are we going to have to pay anything up front? I've already paid my event weekend entrance paint and air how will they check us in any idea? Sorry for all these questions haha.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:49 AM #104
sobersteve323
Budget Baller

Quote:
Soon (I hope lol). They may put it up early this coming week or at least a link to it. I'll ask about it tomorrow, but they are definitely planning on posting the rules. I'm sure the link will be up soon.
Cool thanks Gadget.

Also, do we need to pay for parking if we're not camping? I plan on playing Saturday night but not camping since I live close. I asked the rep on the phone when I last called but they weren't sure either so I said I'd pay for it later.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:55 AM #105
Gadget Soldier
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

My answers in blue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadobie View Post
If you go solo will there be space to rest or put your stuff if you're getting dropped off? Such as tables or lockers? Will it be additional money?
If I remember correctly, they do have lockers available at the field, you may have to bring your own lock or something. I personally have not used them so I don't know. You're best bet is to contact them and see if they have any information about those lockers. As for additional cost to use the lockers, I don't think there is a charge. They are a first come first serve basis tho.

Will there still be those pesky waivers to sign?
Always. I know that I'm a member, pre-paid and everything and I'm still expected to fill one out.

Are we going to have to pay anything up front? I've already paid my event weekend entrance paint and air how will they check us in any idea? It's usually best to pre-reg/pre-pay for everything. For one, the earlier you pre-reg, the cheaper the entry will be. Second, especially with paint orders, they can get a good estimate on how much additional paint for when players need more, in addition to the pre-reg paint order. When you arrive, you will check in at the registration building that is near SC Viper.

Sorry for all these questions haha. It's all good, it's better to ask questions than assume everything. I answer to the best of my knowledge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobersteve323 View Post
Cool thanks Gadget.

Also, do we need to pay for parking if we're not camping? I plan on playing Saturday night but not camping since I live close. I asked the rep on the phone when I last called but they weren't sure either so I said I'd pay for it later.
I think I asked this question to Giant and they said you have to pay for the camping even if you are not staying overnight. I don't remember the reason why. In addition on when the rules are going to be posted, I'll ask about this as well, but expect to pay for the camping fee. Did you talk to Jamal Freks Williams at 562-376-4622? I know that he is one of the more knowledgeable staff there. Call in the afternoon and ask for him (unless he's at the LA County Fair)