Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-22-2013, 08:57 PM #1
HIpaintball13

Breakout tips?

I keep getting shot off the break, any tips?
HIpaintball13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2013, 09:40 PM #2
Cool_Story_Bro

Cool_Story_Bro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
move faster!
Cool_Story_Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:53 PM #3
HIpaintball13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_Story_Bro View Post
move faster!
Really?
Old 07-22-2013, 10:52 PM #4
Cool_Story_Bro

lol well that's obvious , where are you trying to run on break that could have a big play in it.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:04 PM #5
HIpaintball13

Quote:
lol well that's obvious , where are you trying to run on break that could have a big play in it.
Haha I know, just getting to snake or even a Dorito, it could have been because the other side knew we didn't shoot off the break so they didn't have to worry about getting hit
Old 07-22-2013, 11:11 PM #6
Cool_Story_Bro

yeah there is a lot of different factors and make sure you run with your head up. Snake off break is usually a hard run because so many people lane snake heavy so it might be best to go to the insert before the snake if you are repeatedly getting shot off break to the snake.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:14 PM #7
HIpaintball13

Quote:
yeah there is a lot of different factors and make sure you run with your head up. Snake off break is usually a hard run because so many people lane snake heavy so it might be best to go to the insert before the snake if you are repeatedly getting shot off break to the snake.
Yeah I'm just hesitant because I'm not very good and run and gunning, guess its just gonna take practice
Old 07-22-2013, 11:20 PM #8
Ctop10
Spray and Pray

Ctop10 is playing at Living Legends VII
Ctop10 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Ctop10 is an NCPA player
Ctop10 plays in the APPA D4 division
Practice that running and gunning, it's crucial. Remember to plan your run ahead of time. Use bunkers, near and far, to block lanes and such as you run. I like to use the J (or L) method when the lane is really hot as well. In the end, practice makes perfect and field awareness will probably prevail. Put some thought into this. The break is probably the most important few seconds of a game
Old 07-22-2013, 11:22 PM #9
Cool_Story_Bro

can't hesitate at all , but that doesn't mean you should go reckless aggressive. Play smart and use your teammates as support. We all started somewhere it just takes practice.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:26 PM #10
HIpaintball13

Yeah I'm still pretty new to speedball so I just gotta keep practicing. I did notice I would get shot of the break more often when I ran straight to the bunker, rather then using the L method.
I just feel really slow when I'm trying to focus on shooting straight and running to the bunker
Old 08-26-2013, 10:10 AM #11
gbk2
ubpaintball.com

gbk2 plays in the PSP
gbk2 is an NCPA National Champion
10 second Laning drills are great for runners and shooters and you'll shoot a lot less paint and get in a lot more points that way. Suggest it to your group of guys next time you're at the field, it sucks after a few gos, like track practice, but if you're running head up (you should, paint is easier to see and avoid coming at a distance, so look for it down field) you'll notice an improvement even after 10 points
WELLSVILLE FSU CREW#5
Ball hard.
gbk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:46 AM #12
11XIII

When the horn hasnt sounded, find your path and look to make sure its clear of holes. Why your doing this is so that you know there is nothing to trip/ get a busted ankle on.
Now that you got your path, when the horn sounds, DONT LOOK AT THE FLOOR. Everyone off the break is trying to rope, and if your eyes are looking at where your feet are, you could be walking straight for a rope without knowing it until you got paint all over you.
Eyes open, gun up, run HARD. If your breaking right, keep your gun in your right hand. Breaking left, keep your gun in left hand. Use your hand or arm to cover your mask to promote bounces (not cheating).
Old 10-16-2013, 06:28 PM #13
Drummie224

One thing i was told to do is shield your head with your arm. For example, if you are running to the right, your gun is in your right hand, hold up your left arm to shield your head. Paintballs will more likely bounce off your elbow pads/arms than your head or mask.

Another thing for running to your bunker, try running along th eback tape and then cutting in to your bunker as opposed to running straight to your bunker. This way you will avoid lanes a bit better and, as you are running along the back tape, you will be out of range of incoming paint for longer as well.
Drummie224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:42 PM #14
Chiefier
'Mericuh.

Chiefier is playing at Living Legends VII
Chiefier owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Chiefier supports Empire
Keep your eyes on the opponent and look for their lanes. Adapt to that and then you should be fine. Also, come out wide and then go into your bunker. Don't go straight for your bunker otherwise you are more likely to catch a lane.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:08 PM #15
jsgnado1996
jsg_nado

jsgnado1996 plays in the APPA D5 division
jsgnado1996 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummie224 View Post
One thing i was told to do is shield your head with your arm. For example, if you are running to the right, your gun is in your right hand, hold up your left arm to shield your head. Paintballs will more likely bounce off your elbow pads/arms than your head or mask.
EEk no! Never shield your face with your arm, you won't be able to see. Your head should be up and looking downfield while you are running to your bunker. Also, your mask is the least likely place to be hit on the break, as most inexperienced players will shoot low and the paint will be impacting around your abdomen/legs. It IS, however, a very good idea to do what is called "Hiding the hard" or keeping the gun on the side of your body facing away from the incoming paint, because a ball is extremely likely to break on contact with your gun. Try delaying, or waiting at a central bunker for 5-10 seconds, because often the other team will drop their lanes after that time. Then break for your secondary whether it be snake or dorito.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:18 PM #16
Chaseme37
Team Fresh Balls

Another thing that helped me was to look at where on my body I was getting hit and adjusting my run accordingly. If I'm getting hit in the legs or shoes, that means the paint is just barely tagging me before the ground and if I run a wider L (or J) route then that paint will be breaking on the ground before it ever reaches me. If I'm getting hit off the break up high in the shoulder or chest, then I either try to run lower or initiate an early slide and get under that high stream of paint. Judge how the other team lanes and adjust accordingly!

eBay Feedback
Chaseme37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:57 PM #17
hayden1406
~

hayden1406 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hayden1406 plays in the APPA beginner division
hayden1406 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hayden1406 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Run fast, always shoot off the break (they can't shoot you if they're dead), and walk the field to find dead zones before you play. The safest route to a bunker is not always the shortest.

Air Assault Paintball ~ Valley Paintball
hayden1406 is offline   Reply With Quote