Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-20-2013, 12:06 PM #43
Cauldronborn66

Cauldronborn66 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Cauldronborn66 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
Q-loader was definately the top of my list. Nothing I can think of cost me more and was used less. I loved the low profile setup of it.

Workd great with my setup and I wanted it to work so bad, but I don't know if it was the way I had set it up or what but I couldn't get the spring tension right. Either it was too soft and wouldn't push the balls through or I would have balls breaking in the Q-loaders while I played. Either way I went back to regular hoppers very quickly and have never looked back. I even had the opportunity to get their next generation for a real low cost and passed.

One of my team members love it though. He has it feeding through a tube from under the marker so maybe that has something to do with it.
I think even if it did work 100% of the time, I would have grown tired of it... Having to deal with loading and maintaining each individual Qpod got old after a while. Back then you still had to pre-wind springs and what not, I'm not sure if you still have to do that with the newer ones.

It's too bad, because like you I loved the way I had it setup on my gun.
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2013, 03:17 PM #44
XSVchild12
Kick ***, dont kiss it!

Annual Supporting Member
XSVchild12 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
XSVchild12 plays in the APPA beginner division
XSVchild12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
XSVchild12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
XSVchild12 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
proto slg!
sent to dye to be fixed multiple times and never worked. piece of ****

Life is too short to worry about whats in your ketchup.
XSVchild12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:10 PM #45
xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx
Swagger-Jacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walurs View Post
Ancient spyder sonix
The bolt was broken, the C02 tank was 5 years past it's expiration date and the hopper was a scratched up piece of crap.
$150
$70 for a new HPA tank
$20 for a new hopper
$20 for parts and labour (bolt repair)
= $260 for a spider sonix
wow you got ****ed : /

I bought a PM8 a couple months ago for $187 shipped to my door and added it to the collection, best bang for my buck out of any of my guns. (like it better than the DM9!)
xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:29 PM #46
xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx
Swagger-Jacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottaluvpb View Post
Wow that quote reall messed up
who the **** would ever need a broken azodin blitz? did people actually buy those P.O.S?
Old 07-20-2013, 08:32 PM #47
xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx
Swagger-Jacking

Dude Seriously?!?

Quote:
Not every. This was my second marker (first was a Nightmare pump back when Semi autos were fairly new):

Weight: about 14lbs.

4 years later:

Weight: about 16bs.

Just a few months ago (when it finally got retired):

Weight: about 15lbs.

What it's been replaced with:

Which I will admit is MUCH lighter...by about 8lbs probably. Though this one was pretty close in weight...not nearly as nice to shoot though I'll admit.

It depends upon the person, what they like to play, and how they like to play. I always encourage people to try different things...speedball, walk-on, big game, 2 day scenario, entry level markers, mid grade markers, realistic markers, etc...and then see what suits their style. Not everyone is going to want to lug one of my beasts around but some of us really enjoy the more realistic markers. Look at the growth of Mag Fed games...

I do agree though that a lot of new young players want to get a realistic marker as their first paintball gun until they realize how much they weigh and that lugging that around all day gets fatiguing then they want something smaller and lighter. They forget you don't get physically tired playing COD on their XBox. LOL
whats with all the scopes? you do realize you cannot snipe in paintball? lolz
Old 07-20-2013, 08:38 PM #48
xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx
Swagger-Jacking

confirmed kill?

Quote:
Ya a couple first timers that were playing that day brought those to the woodsball field and they basically bounced off trees and squirted a little paint.
has there ever been a confirmed kill with a paint grenade? I wonder?
Old 07-20-2013, 11:04 PM #49
Gottaluvpb

Gottaluvpb has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gottaluvpb has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx View Post
who the **** would ever need a broken azodin blitz? did people actually buy those P.O.S?
It was supposed to be a joke... No one who ever wanted a blitz would now how to fix one at that level
Old 07-20-2013, 11:05 PM #50
Gottaluvpb

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they would just say its splatter and keep playing but it would be pretty funny if they actually worked!
Old 07-20-2013, 11:44 PM #51
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
I've seen a few over the years. It's tricky, and it doesn't work they way people think they'll work, but it's hilarious when it does.

One I did a few years back was probably the best I've seen. Local scenario game had one of their check-in buildings in play, so fully enclosed 10x15 foot building. Scenario mission was simple, get the 4 players who had holed up inside of it out. We hammered on the front door for a bit with a few electros so the players would edge away from the door, we quickly opened the door, chucked in a few grenades, and then quickly shut the door. Ref ran in, checked everyone for blue splatter, called everyone out. The two players closest to where the grenades started spraying actually left outlines against the wall.

But seeing a player in the brush, and chucking a squadbuster at him... yeah, never seen that work. They really only work in situations where you could just be bunkering the guy. The grenades make it a hell of a lot funnier for you, and of course less painful (though more embarrassing) to them.

Nunquam emere potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:49 PM #52
yungiceflip
Ransom

yungiceflip plays in the PSP
yungiceflip owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
yungiceflip supports Team VICIOUS
yungiceflip supports Team VICIOUS
yungiceflip is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
yungiceflip supports DLX Technology
Nxe jrny

Dye rotor $80
yungiceflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:28 AM #53
dirty jim flint
part time killer

dirty jim flint donated to help Peyton Trent
dirty jim flint has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Alpha black
Heavy ninja tank

Lets just say that set up weighed as much or even more than a real machine gun, could go nowhere with the set up

Empire BT TM-5 with Apex 2 barrel
Tiberius Tac 8 Pistol (.68)
Wounded Warrior Blue Team Cousins Paintball
TEAM McCoy@ Hatfields and McCoys Cousins SI
Fat Ballers Club V1
dirty jim flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:15 AM #54
Robotech

Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
whats with all the scopes? you do realize you cannot snipe in paintball? lolz
I play only scenario and big games. Regular magnified scope was for scouting. If I'm trying to see what flag station is in a certain location, how many defenders may be around it, or search for a prop hidden in a certain location for my squad, it came in handy. It was never used for targeting. The red dot, on the other hand, was very helpful. The marker has a backspin barrel which equats to the ball having a much flatter trajectory. As such the red dot helped get the first shot on target and allowed me to bring the marker on target quickly. Leading moving targets is easier too with a well sighted red dot. While I could achieve the same result by having a marker that fires ropes of paint, I take great pride on doing the same thing with two or three shots.

Oh, and with First Strikes these days, your "no sniping in paintball" is really no longer valid.

The scope on the DAM is sighted out to 150 feet...and with First Strikes it hits right on target just about every time. I'm still not satisfied and am looking to extend that range considerably while maintaining accuracy with the FSR rifled barrel. (Yea, I know, those don't work either, right?) The Reflex sight on the angled rail is for shorter ranges and when firing standard paintballs.

Last edited by Robotech : 07-21-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:43 PM #55
Almighty Batman

My worst was definitely a spyder vs1 (my first gun). Thought it was ridiculously fast at first for some reason but I spent way too much on a piece of junk that doesn't work half the time. Don't know what I was thinking lol
Almighty Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:52 PM #56
Gottaluvpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Batman View Post
My worst was definitely a spyder vs1 (my first gun). Thought it was ridiculously fast at first for some reason but I spent way too much on a piece of junk that doesn't work half the time. Don't know what I was thinking lol
My friend got a spyder fenix and loves how he can ramp really fast (he typically goes over our fields rules for bps but oh well) but almost every time we go to the field it leaks or doesn't work for reasons unknown. He still goes on about how he would rather have his fenix over the mini that a guy just walked bywith or the Etha and stuff like that but it's pretty funny
Old 07-23-2013, 06:10 PM #57
Robotech

The thing about Spyders too is they are very simple guns to work on. If it's leaking, then it's probably a bad o-ring or a worn or damaged cup seal. Just depends on where it's leaking from.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:03 PM #58
one2follow
I'm on nation to much!

Annual Supporting Member
one2follow helped look for balloons
one2follow is playing at Living Legends III
one2follow is playing at Living Legends V
one2follow supports Bob Gurnsey
one2follow supports our troops
one2follow is reppin' sidebar 4 life
one2follow is Legendary
First run of the Clone GT
one2follow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:17 PM #59
xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx
Swagger-Jacking

Quote:
It was supposed to be a joke... No one who ever wanted a blitz would now how to fix one at that level
O lol thats pretty funny!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:24 PM #60
xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx
Swagger-Jacking

Quote:
I play only scenario and big games. Regular magnified scope was for scouting. If I'm trying to see what flag station is in a certain location, how many defenders may be around it, or search for a prop hidden in a certain location for my squad, it came in handy. It was never used for targeting. The red dot, on the other hand, was very helpful. The marker has a backspin barrel which equats to the ball having a much flatter trajectory. As such the red dot helped get the first shot on target and allowed me to bring the marker on target quickly. Leading moving targets is easier too with a well sighted red dot. While I could achieve the same result by having a marker that fires ropes of paint, I take great pride on doing the same thing with two or three shots.

Oh, and with First Strikes these days, your "no sniping in paintball" is really no longer valid.

The scope on the DAM is sighted out to 150 feet...and with First Strikes it hits right on target just about every time. I'm still not satisfied and am looking to extend that range considerably while maintaining accuracy with the FSR rifled barrel. (Yea, I know, those don't work either, right?) The Reflex sight on the angled rail is for shorter ranges and when firing standard paintballs.
damn so you used it as like a scouting device thats pretty smart! and according to science a riffled barrel will not work on paintballs due to the fact that the riffling needs to literally cut into the surface of the ball to get it to spin in a motion that will increase the distance the ball will travel unfortunaly in order for that to happen the shell would have to be made harder making them very difficult to break on padded opponents.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:32 PM #61
AJpaintball4life
Love for Paintball

Bought really bad paint few month ago and slapped myself upside the head the entire time at the game...Mystic Reign paintball, yuk, never use it!
AJpaintball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:20 PM #62
Robotech

Quote:
damn so you used it as like a scouting device thats pretty smart! and according to science a riffled barrel will not work on paintballs due to the fact that the riffling needs to literally cut into the surface of the ball to get it to spin in a motion that will increase the distance the ball will travel unfortunaly in order for that to happen the shell would have to be made harder making them very difficult to break on padded opponents.
Exactly. That is usually my roll with my team...scout.

As for the rifling, again, you need to look at First Strike rounds. Your statement is totally spot on for standard, round paintballs but not First Stirkes. First Strike shells are not made of geletan, but a plastic. Because they are shapped, the tip of the round can be made more brittle than your typical paintball thus allowing them to break at slower velocities. The skirt behind it is made of thicker, harder plastic and on that skirt are small fins. The FSR rifled barrels are designed to match these fins thus as the ball is fired the fins engage the rifling and the round is spun. This is why it is recommended to underbore First Strike rounds and why this barrel is a .683 bore.

It's not the rotation though that increases the distance on these rounds, it's their superior areodynamic shape that produces less drag and thus they do not slow down as quickly as other rounds. If this shape were to be fired though without spiraling the round, it would be unstable in flight and begin to tumble. The spiral keeps it flying true.

Last edited by Robotech : 07-24-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:52 PM #63
EvanKelly

EvanKelly is playing at Living Legends VII
EvanKelly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
EvanKelly supports Empire
Either my A-5 or Invert Mini...
EvanKelly is offline   Reply With Quote