Community Focus

Old 07-24-2013, 12:12 AM #22
AABanned

AABanned is playing at Living Legends VI
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABanned supports Pev's Paintball
AABanned has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Loving it. Your builds continue to make me giddy with excitement.
AABanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2013, 08:22 PM #23
Jurd
Dervishboy05

Thanks guys!

These struts are awesome! Really love trying different settings. Over 22 clicks felt way stiff with the 225lb springs. Now that i have the softer 175lb springs on im running 27 clicks now, feels slightly over dampened over small/medium bumps but feels awesome through the rougher bigger stuff. 30 felt like too much. It rides great on the freeway and drives straight. It does understeer a bit if you push it on the street. I think that has more to do with the tires and lack of power than the suspension setup. Offroad the added caster from those plates i made feels awesome. The car drives sideways very nice as long as the engine doesn't bog down.

Small projects here and there to finish up the suspension but for the most part im really happy with how it preformed when i went camping last weekend. cant wait to find some bigger bumps/jumps. The drive home on the road was very comfortable and i have zero complaints about driving it to work and back.

I should have my 25mm wheel spacers by this weekend i hope.

Last edited by Jurd : 07-24-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Jurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:48 PM #24
Jurd
Dervishboy05

No spacers

Snapped one before a show i went to a few days ago.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:10 AM #25
greaseball
CZ master race

kinda want to rally cross my crownvic.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:57 PM #26
Jurd
Dervishboy05

The longer springs where rubbing the coilover sleeves and hitting the strut gland nut so i added a peice of 2" pvc that snapped over the housing and rests between nut and coilover sleeve the OD is larger than both so the spring contacts the pvc instead of other stuff. No more rubbing noises!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:26 PM #27
I OWN ALL
wtf

has been a member for 10 years
What gos on inside your head, these things are awesome

edit* ah crap"
I OWN ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:09 PM #28
Jurd
Dervishboy05

Thanks!
Washed it and trimmed the rear fenders to fit some 1" spacers. When articulating the axle up on one side the top of the tire was rubbing the inside of the fender really bad so i needed to space the tires out away from that but they would then hit the fender lip up front so i cut the fender. No spacers on yet in these pictures because i need to trim the rear of the fender a bit still.

Just some tape in the area i might paint black.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:24 PM #29
Jurd
Dervishboy05

Got the 1" spacers on the back to try and prevent rubbing during articulation. It helped a lot. I got this far before the top of the passenger side tire started rubbing the inner fender. I could probably fit 1.25" spacers easy to help a tad more.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:05 PM #30
Matt H

Annual Supporting Member
Matt H is a Supporting Member
Matt H is a founding member
Matt H is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
mad gnar
Matt H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:50 AM #31
cynicalrider
robert paulson

Flex that ****.

I got flex too bro.

"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
cynicalrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:28 AM #32
lowbudgethero
Boomer

try any mild jumps?
lowbudgethero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:43 AM #33
cynicalrider
robert paulson

Actually I jumped that car doing 65 when I was 17 and got so much ****ing air. It was the most awesome and terrifying thing I've ever done behind the wheel.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

Old 08-05-2013, 04:25 PM #34
Jurd
Dervishboy05

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbudgethero View Post
try any mild jumps?
No not yet, need limiting straps before I do that. But with 50/50 weight distribution and lots of well dampened suspension travel I'm sure it will preform just fine for an old station wagon.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:53 PM #35
PNKarmy
Where's my mantis

Proper use of the the Automotive section, you don't see too many rally projects these days. How bout a rb20/25 for the swap?

R.I.P. Ultimate Paintball

Seriously though, where's my mantis?
PNKarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:57 PM #36
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
Actually I jumped that car doing 65 when I was 17 and got so much ****ing air. It was the most awesome and terrifying thing I've ever done behind the wheel.
I've done it with the saab on a rail road xing, i got air but nothing crazy but the saab probably has more clearance stock than the volvo.

I think most people cut and reweld a shock tower for longer travel
Old 08-05-2013, 08:52 PM #37
Oedipus
god save captain slow

Oedipus supports DLX Technology
I don't see any Excursions.

**** this thread.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:08 AM #38
cynicalrider
robert paulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbudgethero View Post
I've done it with the saab on a rail road xing, i got air but nothing crazy but the saab probably has more clearance stock than the volvo.

I think most people cut and reweld a shock tower for longer travel
This was also a railroad crossing. It was at night and all we saw for like a solid second was sky and moon and then the car dove hard and all we saw in the headlights was pavement and sparks everywhere when we landed. Cracked my windshield and busted my flex pipe. I've always wanted to do it again and get it on video but I value my **** too much now.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:37 AM #39
lowbudgethero
Boomer

like your life?
Old 08-06-2013, 08:55 AM #40
cynicalrider
robert paulson

Nah I always do dumb **** to jeopardize that.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:36 PM #41
Jurd
Dervishboy05

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
Nah I always do dumb **** to jeopardize that.
You're so cool, how can i be more like you?
Old 08-10-2013, 09:43 PM #42
greaseball
CZ master race

went and rally crossed my crown vic, think they got some pictures needless to say i had lots of fun and am going to be looking for a car to do this with, maybe a volvo? everyone had subaru's there was 1 audi 1 honda and me the ford with like 10 subie's.