Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2013, 01:42 PM #736
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alaska
 has been a member for 10 years
Every time a girl swims up next to me while I am surfing and it looks like she wants to talk, some blond haired dude strikes up an hour long conversation with her. I look at him in the distance like, "**** you man!" This happens so many times, it's comical. It's the same type of dude every time. I can predict it happening it happened so many times. The dude looks at me very possessive, but the girl came out on her own. He looks at me with darts like, "This is my girl!" even though no one has claimed her. Whatever.

It may not help that I am a lone wolf with zero social skills and it might be because of this: that there is localism over the girls that surf in the spots I frequent in and out. I have social skills, but it has to be one person at a time. If I am in a surfing line up; I am afraid to talk to the girl, because she seems like she would be already someone's girlfriend. ****, everyone acts like they are already her boyfriend, but she swims up to me. I look around, and there's that damn long haired blonde dude looking at me critically across the way like I am about to sleep with his wife.

I was walking down the sidewalk when another surfer tells this hot chick, "What about him?" pointing to me. She says, "Don't worry about him." Then when I continue to walk down the sidewalk she says, "Hey, you did a great job out there!" All I could say was "Thanks," because another dude already had her reserved.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 11-24-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2013, 02:35 PM #737
JohnnyBananas
 
 
JohnnyBananas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
^That was some rough reading, and in my time of darkness, almost makes me feel better about myself.
JohnnyBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:14 PM #738
Not Ly$ol
 
 
Not Ly$ol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Grow long blond hair problem solved.
Not Ly$ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:37 PM #739
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alaska
 has been a member for 10 years
Yeah, brah. All I need is to get fired from my job and live on a trust fund.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:43 PM #740
JohnnyBananas
 
 
JohnnyBananas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subterfuge View Post
Yeah, brah. All I need is to get fired from my job and live on a trust fund.
That kinda attitude is gonna get you nowhere.

Go read Conquer Your Campus, or How to win friends and influence people. Both, actually.
JohnnyBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:43 PM #741
Not Ly$ol
 
 
Not Ly$ol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Brah, that would be radical. Stop working for the man, and be a free spirit.
Not Ly$ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:46 PM #742
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-
 
Rampager2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Texas
I've not heard good things from people who learned from better yourself books on Conquer your Campus.
__________________
Steam: N-Ur-Face
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Maktub

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:50 PM #743
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child
 
ProtoBaller1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago
ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
ProtoBaller1991 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
I've not heard good things from people who learned from better yourself books on Conquer your Campus.
lol better yourself books. anyone who reads about getting girls is a ****ing looser.
__________________
OG-Seven Deadly Sins
I do tv show things



Instagram
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:54 PM #744
JohnnyBananas
 
 
JohnnyBananas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
I've not heard good things from people who learned from better yourself books on Conquer your Campus.
I like some of the principles. Being a college student I thought a lot of the concepts were pretty interesting and true, and apply everywhere.

Being social is huge if you want to get anywhere near a vagina. You can't have no social skills, stare at girls from a distance and expect success.

Granted I ****ing suck at talking to randoms so I'm gonna end this post here.
JohnnyBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:32 PM #745
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks
 
yuik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoBaller1991 View Post
lol better yourself books. anyone who reads about getting girls is a ****ing looser.
I'll second this .

the best thing you can do is have an iq over 85 and talk to 100 groups of girls. After that you will figure out what yields success and you will adjust and improve your game .


Special **** like how to figure out if she is bluffing or not when she says she has a boyfriend , or how to plow right through it then plow her .
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:36 PM #746
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-
 
Rampager2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoBaller1991 View Post
lol better yourself books. anyone who reads about getting girls is a ****ing looser.
One of the most closed minded things I've ever heard.
__________________
Steam: N-Ur-Face
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Maktub

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:41 PM #747
JohnnyBananas
 
 
JohnnyBananas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoBaller1991 View Post
lol better yourself books. anyone who reads about getting girls is a ****ing looser.
I used to feel that way. If you think a book is the answer to your problems then yeah, you've got some issues haha but I definitely learned a few things reading the books I suggested. You learn about life in general and not just "how to get girls."
JohnnyBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:49 PM #748
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child
 
ProtoBaller1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago
ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
ProtoBaller1991 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
One of the most closed minded things I've ever heard.
what kind of a guy has to read a book to talk to a girl? lol call it whatever you want.
__________________
OG-Seven Deadly Sins
I do tv show things



Instagram
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:02 PM #749
JohnnyBananas
 
 
JohnnyBananas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoBaller1991 View Post
what kind of a guy has to read a book to talk to a girl? lol call it whatever you want.
Most, if not all dudes are very veryyyy far from perfect. It takes more balls to be introspective and take steps to improve yourself rather than going thru life thinking you've got all the answers.
JohnnyBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:07 PM #750
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-
 
Rampager2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Texas
Neither of those books is about how to get girls. How to Influence people is about life in general and even the best of social whizzes will learn something from the book.

Again, pure arrogance.
__________________
Steam: N-Ur-Face
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Maktub

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:13 PM #751
Fuhrer
Easy, Bruv
 
Fuhrer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Indiana
 has been a member for 10 years
I Think the books are lame personally, but some people have a worse predisposition to social interaction(female and male), so why make fun of someone who needs the extra help? That's what the books are for.
__________________
BS & BA in Economics
Minors: Statistics, Psychology, and Communication
PhD in Slaying *****

Purdue
Fuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:27 PM #752
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-
 
Rampager2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Texas
As was mentioned before, if you read it quite literally and use it as a guide for life they are definitely lame. But if you read them as more of inspiration towards how to fix some things you were just not doing right then it's pretty cool.
__________________
Steam: N-Ur-Face
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Maktub

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:31 PM #753
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks
 
yuik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subterfuge View Post
Every time a girl swims up next to me while I am surfing and it looks like she wants to talk, some blond haired dude strikes up an hour long conversation with her. I look at him in the distance like, "**** you man!" This happens so many times, it's comical. It's the same type of dude every time. I can predict it happening it happened so many times. The dude looks at me very possessive, but the girl came out on her own. He looks at me with darts like, "This is my girl!" even though no one has claimed her. Whatever. It may not help that I am a lone wolf with zero social skills and it might be because of this: that there is localism over the girls that surf in the spots I frequent in and out. I have social skills, but it has to be one person at a time. If I am in a surfing line up; I am afraid to talk to the girl, because she seems like she would be already someone's girlfriend. ****, everyone acts like they are already her boyfriend, but she swims up to me. I look around, and there's that damn long haired blonde dude looking at me critically across the way like I am about to sleep with his wife. I was walking down the sidewalk when another surfer tells this hot chick, "What about him?" pointing to me. She says, "Don't worry about him." Then when I continue to walk down the sidewalk she says, "Hey, you did a great job out there!" All I could say was "Thanks," because another dude already had her reserved.
Goto a busy place . Like a mall laundry Matt chipotle or change it up to to a lot of places. Walk around whenever you see any female say good afternoon , or how are you, or hello . Keep ****ing eye contact and keep walking .

The first one will be the hardest. Do it ****ing 99 times you need it. . You can break it up over multiple days but you need to do at least. 10 a day .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
Neither of those books is about how to get girls. How to Influence people is about life in general and even the best of social whizzes will learn something from the book. Again, pure arrogance.
All of these books are about anything . The British guys mp3s that I listened too were legit. He says at one point people ask him what opener he used . and he is like idk it's all in the situation . If you listen to his stuff you won't only be good with girls you will be good at navigating around conversations , networking for jobs , bull****ing for football tickets , getting better deals buying **** etc .

But on the same hand do you think it's better to read a book about baseball hitting (I had some book that Jackie Robinson wrote or whoever had the highest lifetime batting average ) or spending 200 hours in the batting cages ?
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:52 PM #754
JohnnyBananas
 
 
JohnnyBananas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Not feeling that analogy. Are you gonna spend those 200 hours in the batting cages without ever having practiced working on your swing?
JohnnyBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:00 PM #755
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-
 
Rampager2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Texas
I shouldn't have said it's not about women, but, instead, that they are not only about women. Their core focus is on people and women just happen to be people.
__________________
Steam: N-Ur-Face
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Maktub

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:02 PM #756
JohnnyBananas
 
 
JohnnyBananas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Yeah..if you don't deal well with people (the social lone wolf thing the kid earlier mentioned) that carries over to girls, obviously lol.
JohnnyBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump