Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-23-2004, 04:20 PM #1
Crazy_Fingers
Gangster Ninja-Pirate

has been a member for 10 years
Trigger Pulls per Second

I was just wondering about the Cyborg's trigger pull per second ratio. As my name suggests, I have some pretty crazy fingers, and I sometimes miss trigger pulls on my Impulse. I was under the impression that the impulse checks for trigger pulls 34-35 million times per second. If the cyborg only checks every 12, wouldn't you be moving your fingers faster than the board would be able to keep up with? I really hope I'm wrong because I want a 'borg SOO BAD.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2004, 04:37 PM #2
Mr. Noodle
mm mmm Noodle

do you mean 12 times ber second or 12 million times per second? either way, my fingers seemed to go pretty fast when i shot the cyborg (well not crazy fast, but err ya), and and my fingers didnt go faster then the board, your not gonna have a problem pulling faster then it can shoot (it can do 30bps cant it? so it has to scan atleast that many times per second, but to my recolection its more )

Noodle

-Sponsored by My Wallet!
-Friends don't let friends use drop forwards.
-If you don't have 5 guns shooting off the break, your front players arn't doing their jobs.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:44 PM #3
Garric

hmm

It is my recollection that the Cricket board scans for trigger pulls 60 times per second. With a WAS'ed Impulse (yeah right), trigger pulls are scanned for 1 million times per second. The Cyborg reportedly scans for trigger pulls 12 million times per second. The moral of the story is that unless you get some cybernetic implants for fingers, don't worry about it with either a WAS or Cyborg setup.

Gar
Old 01-23-2004, 05:08 PM #4
Crazy_Fingers
Gangster Ninja-Pirate

Alrighty, thanks. And I did mean 12 mil, btw .

Teh CybOrg ArE MINe!
Old 01-23-2004, 08:46 PM #5
cyborghammer04
W. O. = JRB 4 life!!

i shot a borg today and the only limitations were the hopper, as advertised BLOODY FAST!!!!! you will not have to worry about trigger pulls and stuff as you will see the gun will shoot faster than your fingers will ever move,you guys will not believe these markers when you shoot them. the FASTEST thing i have ever shot bar none.

MacDev Militia
Myspace
Old 01-24-2004, 07:16 AM #6
deadeye_85
Banned

if every 4th shot is not shooting for you you are either outshooting your loader, or your rythum in fingers is screwed and your hitting two at once, your not out running an electronic board that scans at 1 million times a second!
Old 01-24-2004, 07:45 AM #7
ben@raceguns.dk
Racetech

Triggerpull detections do make a difference, believe it or not. Shoot a Timmy with WAS and with SOB board, there you got the answer.

Speedfreaks are used by Toxic Paintball, MacDev paintball gear and are proudly supported by XP Sports
Old 01-25-2004, 07:46 AM #8
smoke

smoke is a Supporting Member
I have shot the Cyborg and I can say its the fastest marker I have ever shot WITH PAINT.. I maxed out a halo.. and 1700 plus shots with a 45/45 conquest on a hot fill...
Life only gets better..
Distributor for FEP/Quest, Cyborgs, Crossfire Tanks
Factory Authorized FEP/Quest, Intimidator and Cyborg repair center ...your one stop shop for Parts and upgrades
Home of the famous Blue Ball Stops
Better than OEM Wiring Harnesses, Eyes, Also carry O-rings, Bolts, Screws and many other parts...
live each day as though it's your last.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:26 AM #9
tuna

I don't know, I think that this whole "scans trigger 1 million times per sec" is hype created by WAS. I mean, if your trigger pull had to EXCACLTY coincide with a "trigger scan" as WAS would suggest, then it would be impossible to shoot- its impossible to EXACTLY coincide with anything.

If it was something like "1 second is divided into 1,000,000 subsections, each of which can register 1 pull" whereas in a Impulse "1 second is divided into 60 subsections, each of which can register 1 pull", then I could see how it would work.

If you're not bouncing then I'd think that maybe 1,000 times/sec would be more than enough... but if the board is specifically designed to look for bounce (ie the WAS board) then I can see how 1,000,000 times/sec could be useful.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:37 AM #10
heavyhitterscapt

heavyhitterscapt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Processor Speed: 12MHz (1 million trigger updates/sec)

feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=289093