Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-28-2004, 04:08 AM #1
KhaoZnet
Kaotik Paintball

has been a member for 10 years
is the PIMP an O3 that's pimped out?

I've been out of paintball for a few months but is a PIMP the same as an O3 in some way cept for the reg and break beam eyes? they sure look similar.

http://www.rjskateworks.com/blue%20pimp.jpg

http://odyssey.tv/products/markers/o3/bluefade.jpg

Thanks.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2004, 08:29 AM #2
gapaintballer12

nope

n0 where near it how dare u compair a pimp to that peice
Team Ultimate fan club #7

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=765279

feedback

rockin the cobalt with black parts dm4
Old 08-29-2004, 07:14 AM #3
kevo1994
I-p\/\/N+Jo0o0o0

hahahah , im not shure but i get his point , they look the same and the o3 was out first and the 03 isnt a pos ive shot one , just think of it as a pds bushy they may look very simlier but i doubt they operate the same

socalcustoms our products > your life
Old 08-29-2004, 09:41 AM #4
daveczrn
Dr. Evil

they operate very close to each other.... the only real diffrence is the ram is operated by air only one way on the O3, and forward and back on the Pimp.

Impulses, o3's, timmy's, cyborgs, they all operated identical and have the same parts... just diffrent sizes and diffrent air passages.

100% reason to remember the name
Old 08-29-2004, 12:31 PM #5
ZyperioN
The Official Home-Fry

i really feel bad for the kid who said the O3 was a POS. he is so ignorant it hurts.
Old 08-29-2004, 01:05 PM #6
SF Bartender

Yeah,

the O3 is a great gun....that is when when it's working. I'll tell you what this guy is talking about because I've owned one and have had frustrations. Quality of the boards is suspect on the marker, my eye sensor system didn't work out of the box. A repair from Odyssey takes a really long time. Also, it was advertised to come stock with a delrin bolt. But they decided to ship the O3 with an aluminum bolt and not tell anybody. BIG MISTAKE. Because the bolt cycles so fast you've got to be real careful and lube it everytime you use the marker. If not you'll inistantly start to wear the internal bore. Mine did just after the first series of dry fires. The marker has been out since May, and a delrin bolt still hasn't been released. Finally the data cable, which allows the owner to hook the marker up to a computer and program the marker isn't out yet either. If someone resets the marker, the Dwell gets reset as well. You can't set the Dwell without the cable. Again Odyssey has been promising this very essential accessory for months, repeatedly lying to their customers about a release date.

So:

GOOD DESIGN&NICE PERFORMING+NO AFTER MARKET SUPPORT&BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE= A possible piece of crap. Sorry, but the kid has a point.

Dave Chappelle