Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-24-2013, 12:15 AM #1
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
TiPX w/ First Strikes

I've got a Trracer right now, but looking into getting a semi-auto FSR marker. I was looking into getting a TPX with the FS modification, because I like the feel of those better than t8.1's. My question is how well do they work? Would I need to get a longer barrel in order for them to have any accuracy?
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2013, 08:27 PM #2
Fieldpeice
That Paintball Complexion

Fieldpeice has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fieldpeice has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yes a better barrel like this http://www.ultimatepaintball.com/p-2...pmann-tpx.aspx
The stock barrel seems not very good. I could not shoot someone 50ft from me
Fieldpeice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:21 PM #3
whteboy
Glock 37

the GunHead FS block doesnt not fit perfectly like the stock one does
whteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:12 PM #4
xxerexx
GIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by whteboy View Post
the GunHead FS block doesnt not fit perfectly like the stock one does
What do you mean? The gunhead should just be a tippmann one that they've milled (they take trade-ins to convert into FS capable).
xxerexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:37 PM #5
Batttousai
Battousai

Batttousai has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxerexx View Post
What do you mean? The gunhead should just be a tippmann one that they've milled (they take trade-ins to convert into FS capable).

While that is true, I just received my gunhead V2 fs breech and it is slightly larger than the stock. I had to force more pressure against the firing spring to get the block to fit in.
Batttousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:03 PM #6
pump
I don't play pump lol

pump is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxerexx View Post
no they make their own from scratch, its a wonderful design with a FS bumper on the top of the breach to prevent breaks but its bigger so like how Battousai said its slightly larger

i dono how im gonna make this mine fit better, and gunhead is not replying
if i knew what was too big i could just sand it down to the proper size
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:43 PM #7
deaallen

Would you say its worth buying the gunhead version or modding the stock one more, bearing in mind I'm pretty good with a dremmel
deaallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:58 AM #8
11XIII

Deaallen, Unless youre a master with the dremel i wouldnt try.
My philosophy was "Id rather try and fail, then buy the adapter, rather than just fork $50 out and not know if i could have done it myself."

My original block is shot to hell to say the least, and Ive spent a lot of time in -voided warranty- forums. I do alot with an angle grinder and dremel, and no matter what, your mod is probably 1)not going to work at all and look like hell or 2) slightly work, wont be reliable, and still look like hell.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:04 AM #9
11XIII

also if you look a couple threads down you'll see my issues Im having with the block myself. The hole that is used to hold the detent is smaller than the original block's detent hole. The reason that is becoming a problem for me is the detent arm gets stuck and doesnt properly move because its in a pressure fitted area when those things usually never are in pressure fitted holes. so, i shoot my first paintball, the detent sticks, and then a freakin parade of paintballs comes out of my barrel because nothing is holding the line of paintballs and spring tension. Either that or my gun shotguns chopped paint.
If you decide to go with it, my idea to solve this is simply rubbing this thing on its side with some sandpaper to thin out the detent. I cant think of a simpler fix, I'll let you know how it goes.

My opinion is the first strike block seems overpriced, but Im infatuated with the idea of a FS TPX. So all Im telling you is dont expect to just pop this thing in your gun and be in the clear like a new barrel, youre going to need to trouble shoot and solve all the small problems Gunhead didnt solve themselves. Its going to be well worth it in the end, just dont let bad stories scare you off.
ps- look into "Zeta mags from milsig. its a 20 round mag made for the tpx, and the mags are FS ready. They have their pros and cons, so hit up youtube and watch some cheesy vids of some paintball nerds reviewing it before you throw money at Stark.