As of August 2014, it looks like these are finally about to hit the market.
Apparently there are a couple prototype Pinokios out there. It's obviously much smaller and compact than what we are used to from them. I haven't seen one, but I got this unconfirmed info on it so take it with a grain of salt. Pinokio has been talking about releasing a new hopper for years, but this is the first time I've seen even a picture of one. Apparently they've been spotted at the NPPL and MAPL recently.
It is supposed to be the lightest hopper out.
It will be available in black with a limited number in chrome. Holds 190 to 200 rounds.
We got some details directly from one of the guys at Pinokio.
- The weight- w batteries less than 1 pound.
- Smaller and lighter than anything on the market.
- No long nose.
- Feeds at 29bps on an ego and 27 sustained on a Bob long insight.
- Rubberized shells rather than polycarbonate to eliminate feed neck breaks and shell cracks.
- Holds 180 balls.
- Height comparable to a rotor- possibly a tad lower in overall height.
- Still in very early prototype testing phase but used in-game at MAPL Chesapeake city classic and at the NPPL NEO.
- Will use existing exalt feed gates.
- No ETA yet.
I hit them up to see if we could get some details from the source.