Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-15-2013, 09:53 AM #1
crisscross1993

Can you buy the T9.1 in pistol form new

Im looking into getting a mag fed marker and im thinking of getting a t9.1 as a pistol but I cant find anywhere where it is sold brand new in the pistol form can it be bought that way? I don't really want to waste my cash on all the other stuff that comes with it.
crisscross1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2013, 01:38 PM #2
buddhistgandhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1993 View Post
Im looking into getting a mag fed marker and im thinking of getting a t9.1 as a pistol but I cant find anywhere where it is sold brand new in the pistol form can it be bought that way? I don't really want to waste my cash on all the other stuff that comes with it.
Why? The differences between the 8.1 pistol and the 9.1 rifle are hopper feed, ASA on the stock (which I think the sell a elbow for the 8.1), and the T9.1 can have more complex barrel systems. If you are looking to just use it as a pistol, these features are sort of pointless. You can run air-through-mag on an T8.1 as well, and it is FSR ready. voodooaddict does a good write up below, but it is a bit dated, as is my reply. Let me know if you have any questions, I will try to answer as best I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooaddict View Post
First the main difference between the 8.x and the 9.x can be summed up as:

8.x is for pistol play only.
9.x can be converted between pistol, SMG, and rifle style.

Some of the details are:

8.x only feeds via magazines.
9.x can use magazine or hopper feed (Twist the barrel to change feed ports)

8.x doesn't have a top rail to mount scopes or red dot sights. Just basic iron sights.
9.x has a top rail the runs the full length of the pistol.

8.x can't use stocks.
9.x comes with a removable and adjustable stock.

8.x have a simple 8"-9" barrel
9.x have a barrel that accepts threaded extensions, muzzle flashes, mock silencers, apex tips, loudeners, ect, ect...

Detailed differences:

8.0 and 9.0 need an expensive conversion kit to fire first strike rounds.
8.1 and 9.1 can fire first strike rounds out of the box.

8.0 and 9.0 remote lines need to run though the magazine, making mag changes difficult if running remote.
9.1 can use remote out of the box.
9.1 can use a tank directly on the back.
9.1 has an optional 13/3000 tank IN the stock which is simply, amazing.
8.1 has a soon to be released optional rear remote line adapter.

If buying new there's simply no reason not to get a x.1 it's rare to find the x.0 new and when you do they are so close in price to the x.1 that it's worth getting the x.1 simply for the out of the box first strike capability.

If you just want to use a pistol and don't care about later attaching a stock or a scope then the 8.1 is also the more affordable route.
$200 for a new 8.1
or
$250 for a new 8.1 with extra magazine, holster and mag pouch.

Used T8 can sometimes be found for around $160, however the T8 magazines are heavier than the T8.1's. The T8 also cannot fire first strike rounds without the $90+ conversion kit.

If you'd like to run remote, use a stock, use a hopper, use a sight, use a tight tank-in-stock, or attach mock silencers then you should really be looking at the T9.1.
$350 for the T9.1 Ranger - Arguably the best 9.1 model to start out.
$120 for the 13/3000 tank-in-stock. No need to use 12 grams!
$030 spare magazine
-----
$500

T9.0s are holding their value pretty well. The only reason to get a 9.0 over a 9.1 would be if you wanted to use a fancy custom stock.

Hope this helps.
Edit: I accidentally a word.
Apex 2 14"
Python compression kit
Tippmann X7 Phenom
Deadlywinds 14" Fibur-X w/Apex tip

Last edited by buddhistgandhi : 07-05-2013 at 01:41 PM.
buddhistgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote