~ New Price: $45.00
(PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE THREAD! YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR READING THE LISTING TO IT'S ENTIRETY!)
- 2nd Generation 32GB iPod Touch
- USPS Priority Mail Shipping
- Tracking (Delivery Confirmation)
- PayPal Fee's
- There are heavy scratches on back of unit.
- The unit is cracked (Small circle with 3 lines coming off. A case would cover 90% of the issue - see pictures)
- Works mostly
correct (Power button doesn't turn the iPod on/off. The unit still turns on automatically when charging. All apps & music work as they should to my knowledge)
- Black "smudge" in lower left corner of the unit.
- Sold AS-IS
as a result of the condition & issues.
In depth description of any issues:
- The power button on the top of the unit is only to power down the unit, lock the screen, etc. The iPod turns on by itself when plugged in during the charging process. It really is a miniscule issue for me and hasn't really affected the performance however that could obviously change from person to person. I would also like to mention in the bottom left hand corner of the unit there is a "black smudge" - it's just dark in a very small area. For an accurate size it barely goes above the word "Music" (under the Music app) as the left most icon and does NOT go right enough to touch the "M" in Music as the left most icon. The battery charges right up, but I have not tested it's duration. I assume it would be similar to other used 2nd gen iPods however if your intention was to use this unit primarily in a automobile and in the future the battery became weaker it would not be an issue due to it constantly being plugged in. The screen has a number of scratches however they do seem worse in picture than they are in person. When using the iPod on the highest brightness setting it's hard for me to see, or notice many of the scratches when using app's, etc. (My GS4 really just picks up anything when taking photos).
Reasons this is still a good valuable unit:
1) 32GB Model (Highest GB 2nd Gen, Originally $399, This is the model valuable model)
2) Crack is somewhat insignificant (apply screen protector so that the crack cannot increase in size, cost on eBay $0.99 shipped)
3) The crack can be 90% covered with a silicon case ($1.79 shipped on eBay, The actual crack size is at least 90% on the black area of the iPod away from the actual screen)
4) Charging cable not included ($0.99 shipped on eBay)
5) You could spend approximately $4.00 extra for accesories on eBay and have the highest capacity 2nd generation iPod touch with screen protector, case, and charging cable. With those items the crack would be barely visible and the scratches on the back of the unit that all iPod touches get would not be visible either. Therefore you would have an iPod that would be more than suitable for car use as well as use in any wifi area!
1) Proof of Ownership. I have taken a picture of the actual unit for sale with my name and the date in the photo.
2) The crack is pictured. Please realize I have zoomed in. As you can see it barely goes onto the actual screen area. The actual screen is divided by the gray line.
3) The "black smudge" in the lower left corner is pictured.
- John Alexander Gordon