Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-13-2013, 08:16 PM #1
pheonixthree

SP1 trouble shooting info

Hi I am new to the site. I have been away from paintballing for some time. Just getting back into it.

I just purchased a used SP1 to replace my old tried and true Spyder. Had the same firing problems posted else where here with flakey batteries. (I cant believe the gun is that touchy!) How long does a battery last before you have firing problems!

I reset all the programs as posted above and the gun would only fire every 3 to 4 trigger pulls or in other words every 2 seconds.

It turns out my gun was a rental marker in a past life. THEIR firing programs are different from the standard SP1

1 - Billy Ball mode (single flash)
2 - Rebound Ramping (double flash)
3 - Locked Semi-Automatic (triple Flash)

Mode 2 is what I have it set for now I have a line on a parts gun and will swap boards or else I will contact GOG to see about reflashing my board.

I was beginning to suspect the regulator or the solenoid before I figured it out. Here is the question: to test the solenoid could I just apply 9V to it to activate it or is it a pulse of some sort?

I am an electronics technologist and have a complete test bench So I could prob use my scope and frequency generator to test and measure. Are there electronic diagrams out there for the board on the gun?

pheonixthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2013, 02:00 AM #2
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheonixthree View Post
Hi I am new to the site. I have been away from paintballing for some time. Just getting back into it.

I just purchased a used SP1 to replace my old tried and true Spyder. Had the same firing problems posted else where here with flakey batteries. (I cant believe the gun is that touchy!) How long does a battery last before you have firing problems!

I reset all the programs as posted above and the gun would only fire every 3 to 4 trigger pulls or in other words every 2 seconds.

It turns out my gun was a rental marker in a past life. THEIR firing programs are different from the standard SP1

1 - Billy Ball mode (single flash)
2 - Rebound Ramping (double flash)
3 - Locked Semi-Automatic (triple Flash)

Mode 2 is what I have it set for now I have a line on a parts gun and will swap boards or else I will contact GOG to see about reflashing my board.

I was beginning to suspect the regulator or the solenoid before I figured it out. Here is the question: to test the solenoid could I just apply 9V to it to activate it or is it a pulse of some sort?

I am an electronics technologist and have a complete test bench So I could prob use my scope and frequency generator to test and measure. Are there electronic diagrams out there for the board on the gun?

The sp1 is picky about the battery, always use a NEW and NAME BRAND battery.. sometimes you may need to try several to find one that hasnt been sitting in the pack forever..

if you leave the battery in the noid will still continue to drain the battery..

there is no way to test the noid with a battery other then hooking up a battery the normal way.

make sure you check the velocity of the marker when supplying air
make sure you have it set to the correct dwell, rentals usually use Co2
make sure you check what setting the marker is on, online pdf manuals for the G1 will sometimes corrospond with the sp1 depending when it was released.

but 9/10 times it is the battery giving you grief .. ALWAY ,ALWAY check the battery.. and repeat a few times.. it may sound silly but it happens more then you would thing.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Tiberius T9 Package
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4436345
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote