PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-21-2013, 02:49 PM #64
le823

le823 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Do you believe in God, a God, a series of God's?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2013, 03:07 PM #65
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by le823 View Post
Do you believe in God, a God?
What's the difference?

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Mr.Familiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:18 PM #66
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
You do understand this means nothing against the theory of evolution, right? Some evolutionary biologists simply have to redefine their beliefs of how the human species involved.

I did hear about this discovery. It doesn't do anything for your argument that mankind didn't evolve from a common ancestry of apes.

Also, you said "Sure I can," but have yet to give any detailed specifics for your argument. Please, label these specifics and what we're supposed to explain away. All you've given us is a link that means nothing towards your "explain away" argument. What am I supposed to explain?

Evolution plays no role in determining God's existence.
I asked you for specific evidence of the in-between people. I can go to a zoo and see lots of different monkeys and apes but where are all the in-between people? The stone tool carrying, knuckle dragging, fire starters we supposedly evolved from? Sasquatch doesn't count. How does evolution explain that our primitive ancestors have all died off, yet inferior apes still remain? What's the ape's secret to their longevity?

"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you.” ― Nikki Sixx
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:20 PM #67
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeyjonez View Post
I asked you for specific evidence of the in-between people. I can go to a zoo and see lots of different monkeys and apes but where are all the in-between people? The stone tool carrying, knuckle dragging, fire starters we supposedly evolved from? Sasquatch doesn't count. How does evolution explain that our primitive ancestors have all died off, yet inferior apes still remain? What's the ape's secret to their longevity?

You literally just posted about the middle person but are too stupid to realize it.
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:37 PM #68
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
You literally just posted about the middle person but are too stupid to realize it.
Orly? So where are they at? We still have plenty dumb apes but nooooooooo neanderthals.

Imagine that for a sec. Primitive people who could build a fire and cook food. But they couldn't outlast some stupid apes over a couple millennia. Makes perfect sense lloloolololololololol.

"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you.” ― Nikki Sixx
Old 10-21-2013, 03:45 PM #69
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

PBOldTimer owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
PBOldTimer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
@ Mr.Familiar:

You talk of faith like it's a good thing. Faith is a cop-out. Saying you have faith is saying that you don't understand something so therefore god must have done it. Faith is crap, valueless, and serves no useful purpose.

With regard to the vengeful rampaging god that you described, that sounds more like the god of Abraham in the old testament. Either way, anything that destructive deserves neither worship nor praise.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:45 PM #70
le823

le823 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Familiar View Post
What's the difference?
none really
Old 10-21-2013, 03:49 PM #71
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBOldTimer View Post
@ Mr.Familiar:

You talk of faith like it's a good thing. Faith is a cop-out. Saying you have faith is saying that you don't understand something so therefore god must have done it. Faith is crap, valueless, and serves no useful purpose.

With regard to the vengeful rampaging god that you described, that sounds more like the god of Abraham in the old testament. Either way, anything that destructive deserves neither worship nor praise.
What a sad interpretation. If faith is crap then why are you worried about it? Does crap make you insecure?

Old 10-21-2013, 03:58 PM #72
F1VENOM

Quote:
Orly? So where are they at? We still have plenty dumb apes but nooooooooo neanderthals.

Imagine that for a sec. Primitive people who could build a fire and cook food. But they couldn't outlast some stupid apes over a couple millennia. Makes perfect sense lloloolololololololol.
Inferior so they died out, hence the bones in the article you posted. You're a bit flabbergasting sometimes as you post the proof and act as if it doesn't exist.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:07 PM #73
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!

Quote:
Inferior so they died out, hence the bones in the article you posted. You're a bit flabbergasting sometimes as you post the proof and act as if it doesn't exist.
Yet the inferior apes made it. Great logic there einstein. You're about as sharp as a bowl of liver.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:08 PM #74
F1VENOM

Quote:
Yet the inferior apes made it. Great logic there einstein. You're about as sharp as a bowl of liver.
Inferior in what way?
Old 10-21-2013, 04:08 PM #75
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:

The likelihood of a human subspecies dying out due to other species competition and/or environmental catastrophes is a lot more likely than the stories told in the Bible and a biblical God, no?

The "inferior apes" are alive because they are optimal for their environment. Same thing for alligators and sharks, which have gone unchanged for millions of years.

However, there are always mutations along the way, which do their best to survive with the genes they were born with. Some genes are more beneficial than others, as is seen with successful and non-successful species of all animals.

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass

Last edited by Mr.Familiar : 10-21-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Mr.Familiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:13 PM #76
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBOldTimer View Post
@ Mr.Familiar:

Faith keeps soldiers fighting. Faith keep families from worry when they're children are out for extended periods of time (whether lost or not). Faith holds societies together. Hell, faith can even keep a scientist persistent during an extended study that he's hoping to be true against all odds.

Do not underestimate the power of faith. It can be an extremely positive thing to practice.

Quote:
Orly?
Yarly

Quote:
So where are they at?
In the ground. We evolved as a superior being while they died.

Quote:
We still have plenty dumb apes but nooooooooo neanderthals.
And plenty of apes are dying out too. Their branch apart from us is much further in the past than we are from neanderthals. Mankind has long killed one another. Millions of years makes no difference. That's how we came to be.

Quote:

I'd suggest a couple of things for you to read, but I know that'd be a waste of time.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien

Last edited by Treghc : 10-21-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:27 PM #77
blueshifty
RIP: Underøath

If the natural state of the universe is chaos, or self-awareness an accident then in a vague sense then all of our rationalizations themselves are a contradiction because they're built on an artificial framework -- a set of rules we defined for ourselves based on our own capacity for understanding and reason. Somewhere true knowledge exists... religion gives it a name... science is narcissistic.

Back to lurking...
Old 10-21-2013, 06:25 PM #78
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!

Quote:
Inferior in what way?
Inferior in that they ain't got no 'lectricity son.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:29 PM #79
F1VENOM

So you really have no idea what you're talking about? Shocking.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:30 PM #80
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Inferior in that they ain't got no 'lectricity son.

Wait. What?

Forgive me, as I can't see the Youtube video to see if this is a troll post or an attempt at something with substance.

You do know that it's largely considered the modern homosapien emerged around 250,000-400,000 years ago, right? Electricity is about 249,700 - 399,700 years off.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:36 PM #81
F1VENOM

That means those guys who wrote religious scriptures and the Constitution were inferior beings. What a god fear christian patriot he is.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:39 PM #82
ironyusa
reappropriating resources

Quote:
That means those guys who wrote religious scriptures and the Constitution were inferior beings. What a god fear christian patriot he is.
Your arguments are as ridiculous as his.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:41 PM #83
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
Your arguments are as ridiculous as his.
That's not an argument.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:48 PM #84
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

PBOldTimer owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
PBOldTimer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
What a sad interpretation. If faith is crap then why are you worried about it? Does crap make you insecure?
Because the faithful are constantly trying to impose/force their faith on the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
Faith keeps soldiers fighting. Faith keep families from worry when they're children are out for extended periods of time (whether lost or not). Faith holds societies together. Hell, faith can even keep a scientist persistent during an extended study that he's hoping to be true against all odds.
Don't confuse "faith" with "hope."