PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-31-2001, 07:53 PM #1
gfksandiego

has been a member for 10 years
how to...

i've seen lots of post asking or telling how to get paintball recognized. on wednesday night i emailed www.bluetorch.tv a "XTREME SPORTS" tv show. here is what i put on the email:

On your T.V. show and Network you promote shows that show the lifestyle of "extreme sports". Which includes Snowboarding, Moto-X, Skating, Bodyboarding, Bmx, etc... I do most of those sports, I bodyboard, I snowboard, I BMX, and I skate. On your network you show most "extreme" sports except 1. This one sport has a 0.3% risk of getting hurt, and along with that it is very popular. This SPORT would be Paintballing. I think it's an extreme sport and I would grately appriciate it if you tried your hardest to see that it gets on-air. I will promise you that you would get 15% growth in viewers, along with more money. Paintball is an expensive sport and if you email paintball companies such as Brass Eagle, Tippmann, Kingman USA, Worr Game Products, and more, they would play lots of money for a commercial spot. In a video I saw from www.pigtv.net or .com I saw a contest. Who could take out the goggle lenses out and put them back in the fastest. The kid that won got $1,000 I think. That just shows how much of an expensive sport this is too, and how much money these companies have. I'm just trying to help your TV show and Network out.

----------
Here is the response i got:

No doubt about it, paintball is an adrenaline rush like none other but good TV it is not. Not to bust your chops but there are plenty of companies with money who don't do jack for us in the sports that we do cover. We appreciate the suggestion and we may find a way to slip it in but we do what we do and we do it well.

BT
----------

i did not get what he/she said as an answer, but please, everyone in here start emailing ESPN, Fox Sports Net, and other Networks that carry "Xtreme Sports" and tell them that you want paintball included on a TV show. I know im not going to change thier idea on one email but think about having 1000 kids email them telling them they want paintball on thier network. Then they would start to realize that paintball is a growing sport and that it is extreme.
So if you guys want it, take some action. Start Emailing.

p.s. give me some feedback
thanks

Team Illuminati
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2001, 08:06 PM #2
TacticalJay
¤Team BackDraft¤

Damn, Thats like a kick in the Ballz. I would ask them If you got like 500 signatures then would ya put it on.?.?.?.?

Email me if you Have a Freak Kit for Sale--Smart4408@hotmail.com
Old 05-31-2001, 08:09 PM #3
gfksandiego

just email them man
we need like lots of people to just start emailing networks with stuff like i wrote and then we will have a better chance

all i heard on these forums was all talk but no action (from what i saw, which was nothing) so i emailed bluetorch

Team Illuminati