sdzell18
Code it and Load it

Annual Supporting Member
sdzell18 works for a Paintball manufacturer
sdzell18 plays in the APPA Pro division
sdzell18 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridHB View Post
Are the clear detents in the spare parts kit supposed to be stiff? The clear detents are so stiff that the bolt doesnt go all the way forward causing the gun to leak at the bolt when I try to air it up.
Revised detents will be rolling out as soon a possible. The clear ones should work though. Of you have a specific issue please feel free to make a thread about it so other people can find it. This thread is for more general questions and info.

-Jamie
My Feedback +43, -0
sdzell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2013, 02:43 PM #44
naxalite

naxalite owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
naxalite owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
naxalite supports Empire
What are the differences of running the Vanquish with and without the bolt spring.

Are there any advantages or disadvantages?
naxalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:24 PM #45
sdzell18
Code it and Load it

Annual Supporting Member
sdzell18 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by naxalite View Post
What are the differences of running the Vanquish with and without the bolt spring.

Are there any advantages or disadvantages?
Excellent question.

The bolt spring is not required for the marker to operate. The point of the spring is to compensate for "Bolt Stick" also known as "First Shot Drop Off" (FSDO). Bolt Stick occurs when the marker sits idle long enough for the lubricant to get sticky. The bolt spring biases the bolt forward to help overcome the stiction. Usually the bolt gets sticky if the marker is not lubricated often enough or sometimes due to temperature and humidity.

Using Bolt Spring
Pros
- You may not have to lube the gun as often
-The spring slows the return stroke of the bolt which makes the gun feel like it has less kick, this is usually a negligible effect.

Cons
-The maximum ROF is decreased due to the slower return stroke of the bolt
-The bolt cycles forward more quickly possibly making the marker less gentle on paint, this is usually a negligible effect.

Its recommended if you don't use the spring to increase the ABS Dwell setting by at least 10ms to prevent bolt stick.
For people who are consistent with their daily maintenance you probably don't need the spring but for the general public it will help.
My Feedback +43, -0
Old 07-03-2013, 07:06 PM #46
alex adames

Jaime

Hey Jamie, its seems like my vanquish changed its sound, its about 3 cases of paint, but my last practice all of the sudden the gun started to sound different, i dont see the shot changed, but it went from its original "pufft" sound to a "plim" sound, i cleaned the gun and relubed it but no success, please tell me the steps to take to try to solve this problem. it only sound like this when firing with paintballs, dryfiring i think it sounds the same as before.
alex adames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:22 PM #47
sdzell18
Code it and Load it

Annual Supporting Member
sdzell18 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex adames View Post
Hey Jamie, its seems like my vanquish changed its sound, its about 3 cases of paint, but my last practice all of the sudden the gun started to sound different, i dont see the shot changed, but it went from its original "pufft" sound to a "plim" sound, i cleaned the gun and relubed it but no success, please tell me the steps to take to try to solve this problem. it only sound like this when firing with paintballs, dryfiring i think it sounds the same as before.
Honestly I'm not sure I can do anything for that without actually hearing it. The only idea I have is to make sure the paint to barrel match is still good. The gun will get louder if the paint is too loose.
My Feedback +43, -0
Old 07-03-2013, 07:27 PM #48
alex adames

[quote=sdzell18;79133878]Honestly I'm not sure I can do anything for that without actually hearing it. The only idea I have is to make sure the paint to barrel match is still good. The gun will get louder if the paint is too loose.[/QUOTE

Can I do a video and send it to you via Email? the sound is notable
Old 07-03-2013, 07:47 PM #49
HybridHB

I noticed the same thing. Last week it started sounding more "metallic". I didnt notice a change in performance though.
HybridHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:56 PM #50
alex adames

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridHB View Post
I noticed the same thing. Last week it started sounding more "metallic". I didnt notice a change in performance though.
thats the word, it doesnt seems to change performance but that sound really worries me.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:46 PM #51
HybridHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex adames View Post
thats the word, it doesnt seems to change performance but that sound really worries me.
Im going to retest it this weekend. I was running 2 kinds of paint last week where the 2nd kind of paint was much smaller than the first kind. I was using the .685 insert that was bore matched to the first paint. I only noticed the change in sound when I started dumping in pods of the 2nd paint mid point. Later that night, I tested the bore of the 2nd paint and it was rolling through the .675 insert. I dont think that sound happens if you bore match or under bore. We will see...
HybridHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:14 PM #52
sdzell18
Code it and Load it

Annual Supporting Member
sdzell18 is All In
You can put the video on youtube and link to it. Try taking the spring out and see if that makes a difference. Could just be the spring moving that makes a noise.
My Feedback +43, -0
Old 07-03-2013, 10:41 PM #53
alex adames

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdzell18 View Post
You can put the video on youtube and link to it. Try taking the spring out and see if that makes a difference. Could just be the spring moving that makes a noise.
ok, i'll try it , sounds like a good start. Thanx Jaime.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:11 PM #54
acabello72

acabello72 is playing at Living Legends VII
acabello72 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
just tested with and without the spring.. that sound your getting is from the spring resonating after the marker has been fired. That "ping" sound is common with spring mods. I had the spring mod on my Clone GT and while the spring was in you could hear something similar. Wont harm the marker or effect anything.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:36 PM #55
alex adames

[quote=acabello72;79137994]just tested with and without the spring.. that sound your getting is from the spring resonating after the marker has been fired. That "ping" sound is common with spring mods. I had the spring mod on my Clone GT and while the spring was in you could hear something similar. Wont harm the marker or effect anything.[/QUOTE

Thanx acabello72, I will try it tomorrow, let you guyz know.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:14 PM #56
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
My friend bought a Vanquish at PE this spring, even attended your class. Recently, his Vanquish is showing signs of drop-off when the tank is either midway thru or on the low side. I believe his tank is GA Myth pre-set to 800/850 psi. But we were playing with it yesterday and approx every 3-4th shot would drop well below the others. It has been properly lubed, is there anything else he should look at ?
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:30 PM #57
sdzell18
Code it and Load it

Annual Supporting Member
sdzell18 is All In
Look at the troubleshooting guide in the manual. It has a pretty good list of ideas you can try. Change the battery, of course. Velocity/Firing issues are usually caused by 016 size oring on the bolt and size 017 oring inside the back cap.
My Feedback +43, -0
Old 07-11-2013, 12:21 PM #58
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
Vegard is Boss
My vanquish isn't automatically connecting to the USB tool, pressing connect does nothing either. Ideas?
The fault message that pops up in windows says check the cable and battery, but swapping either doesn't work.
The drivers are installed.

What is the 'eye default rof'?
-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-

Last edited by Vegard : 07-11-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Vegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:41 PM #59
sdzell18
Code it and Load it

Annual Supporting Member
sdzell18 is All In
Are you on a Windows PC or Mac? Did you download the latest applications from the paintballsoultions.com? What version of firmware is on your Vanquish? Check out the troubleshooting guide that comes with the PC applications.

Eye default ROF is the BPS limit when the eyes get dirty, like if you break paint. Check out the manual for full explanations of each setting at paintballsolutions.com
My Feedback +43, -0
Old 07-11-2013, 01:58 PM #60
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is Boss
All of it is the most recent versions off the site. Tried it on PC and my Macbook with different cables.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:21 PM #61
sdzell18
Code it and Load it

Annual Supporting Member
sdzell18 is All In
Taken from troubleshooting manual:
The Status Bar Say Com Error 1 or Comm Error 2:
-On the Vanquish, disconnect the USB Port and Disconnect the Battery. Then reconnect the battery, then the USB cable IN THAT ORDER.

Are you sure you installed the USB drivers for the windows PC.

Start from the beginning here are the exact instructions step by step for windows:
1)First make sure your Vanquish is able to turn on and off. Turn your Vanquish OFF before proceeding
2)Run VPCsetup.exe to install the applications onto your computer. THIS DOES NOT INSTALL THE DRIVERS
3)Ensure you have a reliable internet connection. Access the USB port on the Vanquish and connect the USB to your PC.
4) Allow BOTH USB Drivers to install, one is called USB Serial Converter, the other is called USB Serial Port. If drivers are not installing automatically follow the manual that is in the install directory with the Vanquish PC Applications named "Vanquish PC Software User Guide" to follow the simple instructions to install the drivers.
5) Installation is now complete. Start the Vanquish USB Tool and it should automatically detect your marker.

Notes - You need to have administrator rights on your computer to install these applications and drivers.
My Feedback +43, -0
Old 07-11-2013, 05:33 PM #62
sdzell18
Code it and Load it

Annual Supporting Member
sdzell18 is All In
How to check that your PC drivers are installed

See the highlighted line below. When drivers are properly installed the Vanquish will appear under the Ports section of the windows device manager (Your COM number will vary). Accessing your device manager may be different depending on your windows version. Please refer this guide on how to do so: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

My Feedback +43, -0
Old 07-11-2013, 06:07 PM #63
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is Boss
Thank you for your time.

I did everything the manual stated and I read it more than once. It is not working, if it did work as intended the problem should not have existed on three different machines. All the drivers are installed and the user has admin rights.

The marker works apart from this, but something is not as it should be with the usb.

Last edited by Vegard : 07-11-2013 at 06:09 PM.