Originally Posted by MikeBuckler
Got this same error, also running windows 8.1
I can open the program, but when I click connect then i get another error
Check battery and USB connection.
I can hear my pc recognizing the vanquish when plugged in/out. However I don't think it installed the drivers. When I open device manager and right click on the FT232r ect search for drivers it finds nothing.
You have to tell it where to find the drivers, which are in the installation directory of the Vanquish Softwares. Heres directions on what to do:
1) With Vanquish connected to USB Port go to Start > Control Panel
2) Select "Hardware and Sound"
3) At the next screen select "Device Manager" under "Devices and Printers"
4) In the device manager window under "Other Devices" there should be a device with a name similar to "FT232" with a yellow warning symbol next to it indicating the driver is not installed Right click this to bring up a small menu
5) Select "Update Driver Software"
6) Next select "Browse my computer for driver software"
7) Browse to the USB Driver folder in the Vanquish PC Software Folder. (Typically located in C:\Documents and Settings\*Windows User Name*\Vanquish PC Software\USB Drivers). This should install "USB Serial Converter" which is the first driver
8) To install the second driver repeat steps 4-6. This should install USB Serial Port
this is also in the user manual