Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-30-2014, 10:41 AM #1
Epsidufus

Do you use a GoPro to record your matches? I have a question.

So I have a few questions about what to do about these problems, tiny problems but problems. First off, whenever I run/dive/slide/etc. I hear a "click click click click click" in the background. I think it is the GoPro rattling around? Not sure . Also, what FOV setting do you use? I'm using the widest one possible currently, but it is hard to see things at a distance.

Thanks in advance guys, my YouTube is "The Epsidufus", only have one video up but you should be able to see what I mean.
--Epsidufus
Epsidufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2014, 10:56 AM #2
r45vt

Where do you mount your GoPro? When mine clicks when I run it's bouncing off of my mask, I had it too close. Any little noise on the housing will be amplified. Maybe put a rubber pad on the bottom of the housing.

If you have it side mounting it could be rattling in the housing but that is pretty rare. For that you would take even a paper towel and put just a little bit into the housing(wedge it in there to stop the movement) to take up any slack and stop it from rattling.

GoPro's are made for wide angle filming. You'll either get all the action or mount it to your gun and get all the shots with a lot of footage of the ground. Two camera's work better than one. If you have one on your barrel don't film as wide, narrow it down a bit. Keep mind you can also zoom in with your editing software.

What model do you have?
r45vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:32 AM #3
Epsidufus

I have a Hero3+ Silver I believe. I mount it using the Jaz Stands Brow Mount and it hangs down in front of my lens. I know its not hitting the mask, I ordered the wrong sets of arms and it lies about 1 1/2" from the lens (I'm planning on getting the correct ones at some point). I was just wondering if anyone used anything besides the widest angle possible. I'll try wedging the paper towel in the housing behind it (or I'll use it to block the red blinking light!) and see if that works. Thanks for the response.
Epsidufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:26 PM #4
r45vt

Is the arm hitting the mask? Any piece of the mounting that would touch your mask would make noise, and transfer into the camera housing.

Even with GoPro's on medium or narrow and zooming in the depth captured isn't like a true zoomed in camera. I run a Sony HDR under my barrel to watch paint splat on people.

Experiment with it, try medium first. I looked at your latest video and it looks just like every other GoPro in wide, which isn't a bad thing. It's nice the viewer can see everything around you. It really is a ***** without two camera's.

Watch some paint splat with the zoom camera.

Last edited by r45vt : 07-30-2014 at 10:29 PM.
r45vt is offline   Reply With Quote