This guide is for the daily maintenance of the Vanquish firing engine. Empire Paintball recommends using Dow 33 based lubricant. The lubricant that comes with the marker is Dow 33 based. SL33K lube is another acceptable brand of lubricant that is sold by Empire Paintball. Paintball marker oil and Dow 55 based lubricants are not recommended for use on the Vanquish firing engine
When applying lubricant use only enough lube to make the o-rings and surfaces glossy. Do not use too much lubricant where the lubricant becomes caked up as this may increase FSDO and/or Bolt Stick.
What you will need:
If you want to watch the video:
1) Remove Vanquish Engine from the marker.
2) Unscrew the Air Guide from the Back Cap
3) Push Bolt through back of Air Guide
4) Clean off bolt and front o-ring of Air Guide and Rod o-rings
5) Apply lube to 2 rod o-rings and to entire outside of Bolt including urethane o-ring. This will get the lube on the inside of the Air Guide Avoid getting an excess of lubricant on the black bolt bumper o-ring.
6) Reinsert Bolt into Air Guide and Bolt Spring into Bolt. Re-attach Back Cap to Air Guide
7) Apply lube to bolt tip then move bolt back and forth several time to spread lube on inner Air Guide and Back Cap o-rings.
My team is based out of Colorado, and we played this past weekend. The field we played at was about 30-45 degrees all day. We used 4 lubes.
1) Stock Lube-Did not work in the cold. FSDO, Bolt stick all common.
2) Marmalade-Worked for a little while, eventually ran into bolt stick.
3)Vitamin G-Worked well. No issues. Slightly runny.
4) Monkey poo-Worked well, no issues. Of the people who tried all 4, this was the favorite, although a few guys didn't stray from the Vitamin G.
My suggestion is that the stock lube works fine in warmer weather, but when it is cold, use Monkey Poo or Vitamin G.