PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 05-19-2013, 06:06 PM #1
iomalley24

iomalley24 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Rush Paintball: Speedball

Southwest Ohio has been suffering from a severe lack of speedball lately and as of today I have been given the OK to try and help rectify that situation by the owner of Rush Paintball.

The deal is this: A few friends and myself will be given an opportunity to get people out to play speedball and to do so we have been given temporary creative license with the speedball field and all of the bunkers that the field owns. We will be doing this at no benefit to ourselves. This means that we will be getting up at the crack of dawn next saturday to repair the netting, place and inflate bunkers, and overall making it possible to play some speedball that day.

Since we are doing this I want to start getting people out and playing speedball. I want the owner of Rush to ask us to do this again. I want to go even further with this if possible. He has told me that if I can get people out there and playing speedball that he will put that money right back into it. This means brand new bunkers, maybe even more fields, and possibly tournaments.

May 25th, 2013 will be the first Saturday that we are doing this. We start at 11 and will go to at least 4. Please ignore any info on the official Rush website, it is ALL out of date. Hopefully we will get that fixed too.
iomalley24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2013, 06:43 PM #2
Team_Darkside

Team_Darkside plays in the PSP
Team_Darkside plays in the APPA D4 division
How about you talk to them about the way they run there establishment. I won't go back there for 2 reasons. First and for most how they split up teams. They take there regulars and pit them against a bunch of noobs. This will run off all your potential for growing new clients. So why do you think the field has went to ****. Second they have no regard for safety. People walling around without condoms in the staging area and people on the fields with no masks. Change the way you run things not the layout. You can have the best field in the world and be an ******* to people. At the end of the day your still an ******* and get to play by yourself.
Team_Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:57 AM #3
Bearkinz

Bearkinz is playing at Living Legends VI
Bearkinz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Count me in, ill be there.

ALSO: Looking for a 2k4 alias intimidator compatible bolt F/S!
Bearkinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:25 AM #4
iomalley24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Darkside View Post
How about you talk to them about the way they run there establishment. I won't go back there for 2 reasons. First and for most how they split up teams. They take there regulars and pit them against a bunch of noobs. This will run off all your potential for growing new clients. So why do you think the field has went to ****.
I have not seen this a lot personally this season and I have tried to be out there most every weekend. The one time that I do remember that really being an issue was when the owner himself came down and yelled at the ref. I did however talk to the owner last night about this because he was concerned that if we get the more competitive players out that he will lose his rec clients very quickly. I will be watching this to see that it doesn't happen while I am there and I planned on speaking with the refs as well. I personally don't like playing on unfair teams and honestly can't understand why anybody would. I prefer to have a challenge on the field and if that means I have to play against my old team mates than so be it.

That being said, if we do get a crap ton of dedicated tourney players out there on a regular basis maybe we can look into making a time for that kind of play. I wouldn't mind having the opportunity to play some uncapped ball where I don't have to worry about bunkering somebody and them quitting the sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Darkside View Post
Second they have no regard for safety. People walling around without condoms in the staging area and people on the fields with no masks. Change the way you run things not the layout. You can have the best field in the world and be an ******* to people. At the end of the day your still an ******* and get to play by yourself.
This one I have not seen at rush. I have reffed at many fields for over 10 years and so have my old teammates and it is an unnatural habit that we not only to notice the split second somebody takes their mask off or is condomless but we start screaming. I do not want myself or anybody else getting shot in the eye and having a field shutdown. I don't know where you have been playing but I haven't seen this at rush this season.

You may be confusing this with another field that is in the Dayton area (which will remain nameless) because I have had a similar experience there as well. The 3 times I have gone there this season have been abysmal and I will probably not be going back any time soon. The refs had no idea what they were doing, the games took forever not only to get started but to end, and the people were PLAYING without masks and SHOOTING in the staging area. My complaints went unheard and as I said, I will most likely not be returning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23 View Post
The airball field is ALWAYS down and we keep getting told that it will be up when every time we go it is still down....The field use to be an amazing place if you look at the old pics etc now as darkside and OP mentioned it is now crap.....The netting is partly torn and falling,the waiting area is all torn up and messy needs to be cleaned off every weekend.
This right here is the reason I went to the owner and we talked about getting the field back in working condition. He had said that he admittedly had let the field kind of take a secondary position to his other business which funds the field in the first place. From our conversation last night I could tell he is a very passionate man and it seemed to pain him that he had let it go so much but my offer to help fix the place up seemed to make him very happy. I do not have any issue with making field repairs or setting up bunkers. I won't have a problem with getting any ref in line that needs to be in line. The only problem I will have is getting people to come out and give it a chance.

I know promises were made and it seems bad experiences were had. I want a place to play some speedball and we have all been given a chance to make that happen. I will do all of the heavy lifting all I am asking from you all is to show up, have fun, and come back and do it again the next weekend with some friends. If you have any complaints, bring them straight to me or the owner and I will try my hardest to fix it but the same goes for compliments. If you guys want this to start shaping up and you see some things that are awesome, tell somebody! No news isn't good news. Let the man know when things are going great and he will give us more room to make it even better!

Last edited by iomalley24 : 05-20-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:39 PM #5
Bearkinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by iomalley24 View Post
I have not seen this a lot personally this season and I have tried to be out there most every weekend. The one time that I do remember that really being an issue was when the owner himself came down and yelled at the ref. I did however talk to the owner last night about this because he was concerned that if we get the more competitive players out that he will lose his rec clients very quickly. I will be watching this to see that it doesn't happen while I am there and I planned on speaking with the refs as well. I personally don't like playing on unfair teams and honestly can't understand why anybody would. I prefer to have a challenge on the field and if that means I have to play against my old team mates than so be it.

That being said, if we do get a crap ton of dedicated tourney players out there on a regular basis maybe we can look into making a time for that kind of play. I wouldn't mind having the opportunity to play some uncapped ball where I don't have to worry about bunkering somebody and them quitting the sport.

This one I have not seen at rush. I have reffed at many fields for over 10 years and so have my old teammates and it is an unnatural habit that we not only to notice the split second somebody takes their mask off or is condomless but we start screaming. I do not want myself or anybody else getting shot in the eye and having a field shutdown. I don't know where you have been playing but I haven't seen this at rush this season.

You may be confusing this with another field that is in the Dayton area (which will remain nameless) because I have had a similar experience there as well. The 3 times I have gone there this season have been abysmal and I will probably not be going back any time soon. The refs had no idea what they were doing, the games took forever not only to get started but to end, and the people were PLAYING without masks and SHOOTING in the staging area. My complaints went unheard and as I said, I will most likely not be returning.

This right here is the reason I went to the owner and we talked about getting the field back in working condition. He had said that he admittedly had let the field kind of take a secondary position to his other business which funds the field in the first place. From our conversation last night I could tell he is a very passionate man and it seemed to pain him that he had let it go so much but my offer to help fix the place up seemed to make him very happy. I do not have any issue with making field repairs or setting up bunkers. I won't have a problem with getting any ref in line that needs to be in line. The only problem I will have is getting people to come out and give it a chance.

I know promises were made and it seems bad experiences were had. I want a place to play some speedball and we have all been given a chance to make that happen. I will do all of the heavy lifting all I am asking from you all is to show up, have fun, and come back and do it again the next weekend with some friends. If you have any complaints, bring them straight to me or the owner and I will try my hardest to fix it but the same goes for compliments. If you guys want this to start shaping up and you see some things that are awesome, tell somebody! No news isn't good news. Let the man know when things are going great and he will give us more room to make it even better!
This is awesome. I have been going out to rush for over 10 years. Xball used to have a good crowd awhile back and everything sort of fell apart and people stopped coming. You are right about the area, we have NOWHERE to play airball on a consistent basis and if we all pitch in at the allowance of the owner (which you seem to already have), we can make it good again. We can fix it up and make it our own and get it fixed up nice and cleaned up and the people will come.

I would be happy to spend time cleaning up the field/bunkers/staging area. I think a timeframe on Saturdays would be best as to not interrupt/compete with other sunday fundays and we might get more people that way. This is the first field I ever played at and I would love a good group of tourney ballers to play with out there.

PM me and let me know your plan to get this in action and I will do anything I can to help out.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:20 PM #6
ROOSTER56
R.I.P Dale

ROOSTER56 plays in the PSP
ROOSTER56 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
I'm in this to get word to motuh.....Us Dayton players and near surrounding areas have NOWHERE to play airball.....The nearest one is splatter which is 2 and half hours to go up......
Xcape is a hour from Dayton.
XCAPE PAINTBALL
ROOSTER56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:13 PM #7
Team_Darkside

Team_Darkside plays in the PSP
Team_Darkside plays in the APPA D4 division
No I'm not thinking of another field. And the lack of concern is exactly why rush will never be a good field. People don't just stop going to a field for no reason. 90% of the time it's the way it's ran. Xcape is an awsome field and has some great competition.
Team_Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:29 PM #8
SterlingJH

SterlingJH owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I'd love to see RUSH up and running well, I live 5 minutes away so it would be super convenient. PM me if you need any help fixing it up.
SterlingJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:11 AM #9
MCNoobCake
I WIN!!!!!!!

MCNoobCake is playing at Living Legends VI
MCNoobCake owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MCNoobCake is for the Gunfight
MCNoobCake has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
me and my friend will be down for this. we just got here last fall and been looking for a place to play airball and cant find anything. We would also love to put together an airball team like we used to play but to no avail we cant do it here. Ill talk to him tomorrow at work and make sure hes down to come out with me
Old 05-21-2013, 12:16 AM #10
Tntrm69
Blind bA Aggression

has been a member for 10 years
Dayton players have speedball options, you guys just have to search. I70 is a great field, thats where I started playing every sunday before I joined bA/Fuse. If you are looking for a good organization, you can come out to our camp and try it out. We play every week on our private PSP field that is all gridded and netted, with a coach at every practice. If youre not interested in that, Xcape is a great field as well. Eric is an awesome guy that has really done a lot to make paintball around this area more affordable for all of us. Not to mention there is good competition out there and always a large showing. You dont need to drive to splatter. There are great opportunities within an hrs distance and if you really want to play at a great field and with great players then you'll realize that an hr drive is really nothing.
Cabin Creek Paintball
Sandana USA

R.I.P. Michael Marine
Tntrm69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:57 AM #11
ROOSTER56
R.I.P Dale

ROOSTER56 plays in the PSP
ROOSTER56 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tntrm69 View Post
Dayton players have speedball options, you guys just have to search. I70 is a great field, thats where I started playing every sunday before I joined bA/Fuse. If you are looking for a good organization, you can come out to our camp and try it out. We play every week on our private PSP field that is all gridded and netted, with a coach at every practice. If youre not interested in that, Xcape is a great field as well. Eric is an awesome guy that has really done a lot to make paintball around this area more affordable for all of us. Not to mention there is good competition out there and always a large showing. You dont need to drive to splatter. There are great opportunities within an hrs distance and if you really want to play at a great field and with great players then you'll realize that an hr drive is really nothing.
Word.
XCAPE PAINTBALL
ROOSTER56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:35 AM #12
phatty363

phatty363 plays in the APPA D4 division
phatty363 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
I do not want to drive one hour for practice every weekend though when I could go for 5 minutes away..Is it towards cicny or colubus? If is towards cincy then no do to the complete oppisite way of my team./
Xcape is the best field around. Even if you drive an hour every weekend (like I do) the field is so affordable it wont make you go broke . Its the field of dreams.

XFT

phatty363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:43 AM #13
iomalley24

Quote:
I don't know the last time you were at I70 but I have yet to see the speedball field up this season and I go there for most of my gear purchase needs or even just to hang out. They dropped the big field over by the lodge and now only have the field out by the shop that they did put grass on but in my opinion it is still a bit small for 5 man. I was on the house team for that field for a very long time back in the day and had tried to play there numerous times but I havent gotten anywhere and Rush has given me the opportunity to get their speedball going. Xcape is quite the haul for me. I might go every once in a while but truly I dont want to drive an hour there and an hour back every weekend.

I also really just like Rush. Back in it's day it was a very awesome field and I would like to try and help them get back to that. Besides, is it a bad thing to have options? You and I might be able to drive an hour or 2 to play but what about the little dude who needs to convince his parents to take him out there? The kids truly are our sports future and if they can't get out to a field because of that drive then paintball will die out due to lack of new blood.

I would love to check out your camp some time though. Maybe I can throw some old friends together and we can scrimmage? PM me details or contact info and maybe we can hook up!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:36 AM #14
Bearkinz

The cabin creek guys are awesome. I was out there last weekend. They have a super nice field, good coaching on snake side and both a d3 and d4 team. Team worthless goes out there alot too. I plan on going this Sunday if they will be out there.

I still want to play at rush though as well. could do rush Sat and CC sunday or xcape.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:37 PM #15
MCNoobCake
I WIN!!!!!!!

Quote:
just about the I-70 part...they only have speedball one weekend a month and the only other thing there is one large woodsball feild
Old 05-23-2013, 08:27 AM #16
MCNoobCake
I WIN!!!!!!!

Quote:
Pretty much,speedball>Woodsball,scenario ball,etc....Speedball/airball FTW
yeah thats why i wont be going back and they sold my friend an out of hydo 4500 tank for full retail price...will not be getting my business
Old 05-23-2013, 01:08 PM #17
iomalley24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCNoobCake View Post
yeah thats why i wont be going back and they sold my friend an out of hydo 4500 tank for full retail price...will not be getting my business
The only problem with this whole thing is we have nowhere else to go to get gear. I absolutely hate ordering stuff online because I never know when it fits.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:25 PM #18
MCNoobCake
I WIN!!!!!!!

gear is relatively easy for size...shirts get one size above your normal t-shirt size and pants get what you would in basketball shorts other than that theres really no sizes of anything else
Old 05-23-2013, 05:52 PM #19
iomalley24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCNoobCake View Post
gear is relatively easy for size...shirts get one size above your normal t-shirt size and pants get what you would in basketball shorts other than that theres really no sizes of anything else
I mostly meant pads though. I have 2x knee pads and large arm pads. Neither of those would make sense if you saw me
Old 05-23-2013, 11:05 PM #20
iomalley24

What do you all think of trying to setup the field like the latest released PSP field for the MAO? Bunkers permitting of course? I personally feel the lack of a back center is going back to paintball's roots and should not be a problem for old school players. The snake layout looks fantastic with the dorito midpoint. I wouldn't mind crawling up to that just to play that dorito honestly. And the zipper side is strong enough to use but just weak enough to not be the end-all.

Thoughts?

MAO Field Layout Realease
Old 05-27-2013, 02:35 PM #21
iomalley24

Sorry for the delay but I am now posting an update on how it went last Saturday. And I have pictures!

We had a decent turnout of speedball players with 10 to 12 of us on field all day. The rec ballers and rental players even got in on the action and all who came out had a blast. I think we may have even created some long term speedball players. I heard many of the rentals excitedly recapping how they shot out a pro.

The bunkers are in decent shape albeit older and faded. We only had 2 that had leaks and those were slow enough that we only needed to run air to them twice. The layout might not have been the best but we were working with what we had so don't judge.

http://imgur.com/a/mCXBG

I will be setting up the field again this Saturday weather permitting so anybody looking to play some speedball should come out!
ReplyRegional Ups